KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs MartianManhunter

Superman Vs MartianManhunter
Started by: Loot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wrathofachilles

Well Spider-Man has to show signs of aging, he was a teenager when he got his powers. It gets boring to read about teenage angst crap for 40 years. Thus he had to get older and get married, etc. The stupid thing is that Aunt May doesn't age. The damn woman's in her 90s!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:12 PM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

It's very subjective. It became depressing that Spiderman isn't trying to take over the world or something, yet can't find employment in the normal way either!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:13 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Hey, he gets paid for taking pictures of himself and has a hot wife. Let's not feel too sorry for the guy.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:15 PM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

If I were him I'd have tried to take over in some such way as was suggested in the 90s show, like taking over the disintegrating Soviet Union.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:17 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

That wouldn't do much, he's about 50 years too late, lol.

TOPIC! *looks around nervously*

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:20 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
The stupid thing is that Aunt May doesn't age. The damn woman's in her 90s!

But because Aunt May does not age in comics it means that she is immortal (I already know your answer; this is simply to disprove the posit that NOT aging necessarily renders one immortal in comics)?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:23 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

What? In no way was I hinting that Aunt May is immortal, just that she's outlived her usefulness. Although technically she 'came back from the dead.' roll eyes (sarcastic) (I hate the smile part of that, there's no joy in the rolling of my eyes there)

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:26 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Yuck. I guess the phrasing does make it sound as if I was accusing you of saying Aunt May is immortal.

No, apologies for the dubious wording. Just simply pointing out that a character NOT aging does not mean that the character is immortal -- this is what JF is attempting to state about Juggernaut.

Still waiting for the bio, JF. I am not immortal; I bet I will DIE before you find a bio stating that Juggernaut is immortal evil face

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:29 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

No problem. Though it does seem sometimes that she's immortal cause she just won't DIE!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:32 PM
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by Never
LoL @ not caring about the DC issues - because it exposes you for the know-little that you are?

i said i was ill informed on DC. i dont read them, i dont like them -much- very rarely do i find something interesting from thier comics. it doesnt expose me to anything........

quote:

Re: Spiderman showing signs of aging, has Namor? Cyclops? Storm? Colossus? Billy Batson? Nope, nope, nope. Thought not.

i was just making a point. yes the x-men have shown signs of aging.

quote:

Since you're nifty on bios, show us ONE - just ONE Juggernaut bio wherein it says that Juggernaut is immortal OR that Juggernaut has a healing factor. I bet you your G.E.D. that you cannot.

i said nothing of bio's. in fact i despise thier use in debates because they prove nothing. the only reason i posted a website of mm is because you did. i dont have a G.E.D. i have a diploma. Juggernaut has regenerative capabilities that is quite obvious. he has survived things that even immortals (hercules, thor) could not survive. he -IS- -IMMORTAL-. feel free to prove otherwise.

quote:

Of COURSE J'onn J'onnzz battles Superman AND the JLA in several of the issues listed. Comb through them.

well give me a list of the issues where he does fight them, and i'll check into that. otherwise its still a list of appearances. if i give you a list of juggernauts appearances will that help me in a debate of Hulk vs. Juggernaut??? well of coarse it will, but only the issues where they actually fight. the rest of them are useless.

quote:

Alternate realities? LMAO -- say it slowly with us. ALTERNATE REALITY -- as in OUT OF CONTINUITY. roll eyes (sarcastic)

like i said, it is an alternate reality, but magneto talks about several in it. juggernaut was immortal in -all- of them. he survived when nobody else did. yes yes, i know it has no baring on main stream reality, but you still cannot prove that he is not immortal....... i'd say the words "forever more a human juggernaut" speaks for itself.

quote:
Precisely. But because JUGGERNAUT has not aged, it means that he is immortal, although NOWHERE in ANY bio has it EVER been expressly stated that he is immortal.

Makes perfect sense if you are a fanboy, right?

i am far from a fanboy. prove otherwise that he is capable of being killed while connected to his magics. the bios dont have to state it to be true. they dont state that he has regenerative capabilites but he has proved that he does have them by regenerating faster than any one else has proven capable of doing.

if you want to debate about juggernauts healing/regenerative abilities and or if he is immortal or not, start another thread, this is the wrong place to do it.

quote:
But because Aunt May does not age in comics it means that she is immortal (I already know your answer; this is simply to disprove the posit that NOT aging necessarily renders one immortal in comics)?

no, juggernaut IS immortal. he survives things nobody else can, his magics make him so. please prove otherwise. then i'll accept he isnt. but until you show me a bio that says hes not immortal, i'll continue to believe he is.

Last edited by KillAll on Oct 11th, 2004 at 05:39 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:37 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Show me a bio that says that Juggernaut is immortal or that Juggernaut has a healing factor.

You know, WOLVERINE'S bio states that HE has a healing factor.

So does Deadpool's. So does Hulk's. So does Sabertooth's. So does Lady Deathstrike's.

So how come Juggernaut's doesn't? Because he does not HAVE one. He is NOT immortal.

Show us more than your opinion...if you can. Come on, Fan. You can do it.

"SHOWN signs of aging?" Hmm, if you go without sleep for 3 days and endure off the charts stress levels, will it not LOOK as if you aged (in comic book terms)? So now because it LOOKS as if you've aged...you HAVE aged.

"Show me a bio that says Juggernaut is not immortal." LoL, that's rich. Show me a bio that says Wolverine CANNOT spit a loogey six miles. Show me a bio that says Jean Grey cannot kick a dime from here to Ghana.

LMAO, because it's NOT in the bio, it means they have the capability? Wooooooooooooo Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:42 PM
KillAll

show us ONE - just ONE Juggernaut bio wherein it says that Juggernaut is not immortal OR that Juggernaut does not have a healing factor

this is for you never.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:43 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

So why is it that EVERY other character who has a healing factor or is immortal says it? You know, similar to THIS one (since this is your favorite resource):

Like all Asgardians, Thor is >>>>>>>>>>>extremely long-lived (although not
immortal like the Olympians

http://www.starnet-database.com/dba.../thor/thor.html

Hmm, THIS says:

The Juggernaut can survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen. He is sustained by his mystical energies alone.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../juggernaut.htm

Hellooooooo, healing factor? Immortality?

And yet another:

Powers/Abilities: The Juggernaut is clad in unbreakable armor and has incredible strength and resistance to weapons and injury. As long as he has his helmet on, he is also impervious to any type of mental attacks.

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/juggernaut.html

AND ANOTHER:

Special Skills/Abilities: none <--------- whoa whoa what have we here? NO special skills/abilities? HMMMM

Superhuman physical powers: Superhuman strength, and durability; the mystical attribute of being completely unstoppable (once in motion, no physical force or obstacle can halt the Juggernaut's progress); the ability to generate a protective force field <--------- whoa no immortality? HMMM

http://www.immortalthor.net/

Hmmm, healing factor? Like THIS you mean?

Accelerated Healing
The Hulk has probably the quickest healing factor than anyone in the Marvel Universe, including Wolverine. Wounds that would be deadly to most other heroes takes just a short time for the Hulk to recover. <------

We present to you EXHIBIT A:

(please log in to view the image)

This was after the battle with the U-Foes during which Vector sheared off nigh EVERYTHING.

EXHIBIT B:

(please log in to view the image)

Hmmm, when Hulk JUMPED into orbit (LoL, I forgot - Juggernaut has GREAT LEAPING ABILITIES TOO) and survived reentry.

EXHIBIT C:

Hulk #340 wherein a GREY HULK took Wolverine's claws through his chest and healed completely a few panels later, stating: "Now let's...try that again."

ODD how ALL of these bios reference the character's being long-lived or possessing a healing factor save JUGGERNAUT'S.

But because Juggernaut's bio does NOT state that he does not have regen powers or is not immortal, it means that he MIGHT possess a regen ability or is immortal?

laughing

Last edited by Never on Oct 11th, 2004 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:44 PM
Paola
Ronin

Superman Vs MartianManhunter...

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:44 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
Show me a bio that says that Juggernaut is immortal or that Juggernaut has a healing factor.

You know, WOLVERINE'S bio states that HE has a healing factor.

So does Deadpool's. So does Hulk's. So does Sabertooth's. So does Lady Deathstrike's.

So how come Juggernaut's doesn't? Because he does not HAVE one. He is NOT immortal.

yes he does have one.......... he regenerated his eyes when they were cut out by a mystically forged sword. he regenerated his entire body when his power was returned (when d'spayre took them, then they were returned by spite). just because its not in the bios does not mean its not there. Juggernaut can regenerate and very fast at that.

quote:

Show us more than your opinion...if you can. Come on, Fan. You can do it.

i just did. read the issues. that way i can shut your mouth. you know nothing of juggernaut.

quote:

"SHOWN signs of aging?" Hmm, if you go without sleep for 3 days and endure off the charts stress levels, will it not LOOK as if you aged (in comic book terms)? So now because it LOOKS as if you've aged...you HAVE aged.

LoL, that's rich.

Juggernaut is immortal, you still dont address the issues that he survives things that thor or hercules (whom are immortal) could not do. why is that?? could it be you are wrong??? why yes, it would seem as though you were.......

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:46 PM
KillAll

quote:
So why is it that EVERY other character who has a healing factor or is immortal says it?

you would have to ask marvel that one...... i dont know. he does have regenerative capabilities, he is immortal. prove otherwise.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:47 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

If Juggernaut was invulnerable, would he NEEEEEEED to regenerate? D'oh! sick

Odd how he "regenerated" so quickly after Onslaught backhanded him from Canada to New York?

LoL

And neither Thor nor Hercules are immortal. Are you SURE you read comics? Rather, are you sure you UNDERSTAND what you read?

Last edited by Never on Oct 11th, 2004 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:54 PM
Paola
Ronin

Talk about Juggernaut someplace else!

CLOSED

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:00 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
If Juggernaut was invulnerable, would he NEEEEEEED to regenerate? D'oh! sick

Odd how he "regenerated" so quickly after Onslaught backhanded him from Canada to New York?

LoL

once again you have to refer to onslaught (very poor writing no matter how you look at it) because thats the last resort for everybody when dealing with juggernaut. the battle wasnt show. the one that was shown was a psionic attack. to which onslaught trapped juggernaut with the confines of the gem. please feel free to find me a scan of onslaught backhanding juggernaut......... but its not going to happen, cause it doesnt exist.

also, juggernaut is suseptable to mystical attacks. which is why he needs regenerative capabilities. he was attacked with magics from d'spayre and he was attacked with a mystically forged blade from shatterstar. both from which he regenerated near instantly. D'oh. man you are just getting put down all over the place eh? laughing

Attachment: oneshot1.jpg
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:00 PM