KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Punk- old school VS new school

Punk- old school VS new school
Started by: slasherpunk18

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kcorknup

Ive been listening to punk since 83 i still go to shows as much as possible and the punk scene is very different now the new so called punk bands are carbon copies of each other. Its really sad but i must say there is a few new bands out there that i think i very reminiscent of the old days. I recently was in vegas and had come across this bar called double down a dingy dive bar in vegas. i saw it had some bands playing later so i stayed and later it was bands didnt start till 1130 pm and there was 4 bands i was like shit this going to be going for awhile so i decided id stay and watch the first two bands and continue on with my vacation......first band was ok the second band rocked my world they get up on stage and im lookin at the members and i said ook this going to be an attempt on some punk rock cuz they looked like old school punx no egos and drinking like fish so they start to play and i felt like i was at show from 20 years ago these guys are ****in amazing chic drummer who sings was a plus the guitar player was great and the bass player as well these guys seem to trade off on vocals for lead vocals which was pretty cool....anyways the show kicked ass the songs were great i spent like 40 bucks and bought 3 cds and shirt had to give the cds to some pals to check out so point being is dont lose faith oldschoolers cause there are bands like The Gashers to uplift your woes punk is not dead ! its just underground im hopin the come northern cal soon they have a .com site i dont use facebook so not sure if they are on that

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 08:03 PM
kcorknup is currently offline Click here to Send kcorknup a Private Message Find more posts by kcorknup Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote