KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Review: The Princess Bride

Review: The Princess Bride
Started by: Mr Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
G.P
living bank advertisement

Reviews... whistle

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 09:53 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by G.P
Reviews... whistle
eek!

5 out of 5 stars the Princess Bride is a great movie,go see it right away!

stick out tongue

Westley : You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 07:45 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

1/5, only see this movie if you wanna send yourself to an early grave.
BK I can't believe you thought I was a sock!

Last edited by BlackC@ on Oct 1st, 2004 at 11:50 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 11:45 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Double
.. and some junk

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
1/5, only see this movie if you wanna send yourself to an early grave.
BK I can't believe you thought I was a sock!

Early grave? This flick raises the dead.

"Hello. My name is Indigo Montoya. Prepare to die."

Oh Sweat!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 02:21 PM
D-Double is currently offline Click here to Send D-Double a Private Message Find more posts by D-Double Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Tongue Very funny movie!Three stars!

Dispite that this was from a book that was awful!This movie has it all.Action love and alot of funny parts in it.
The movie also has alot of great actors that steal the show!With alot of memory lines that you can never forget!"You killed my father!""Stop saying that!
And "As you wish!"Fun for the whole family!Sadly the soundtrack sucks but go see the movie if you had not seen it.Trust me when I say it is worth watching!JM laughing Happy Dance

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 08:37 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
madsci
beats beats beats

when this film was originally released, i did not want to see it for the obvious reason: initially, it seemed lame. But now, "the princess bride" is one of my top ten favorite movies. I actually just watched it last night on dvd, and it gets better everytime. There are so many memorable lines delivered throughout the film: "aristotle, plato, socrates...morons!", "to the pain!", etc. The performances by cary elwes, mandy patinkin, and andre the giant as a three man band of fighters, is refreshing and excellent.

come to think of it, i might just dress up as the dread pirate roberts for halloween this year.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 04:14 PM
madsci is currently offline Click here to Send madsci a Private Message Find more posts by madsci Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hunchy

Great movie. Classic.

"Stop rhyming now, I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 02:14 AM
hunchy is currently offline Click here to Send hunchy a Private Message Find more posts by hunchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yeah, i live in Aus and i got to watch this in English, but to go against the odds here i'm gonna say YAY for the movie, i thought i was great. silly but good!

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 04:02 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Re: Very funny movie!Three stars!

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Dispite that this was from a book that was awful!

From... a... book... that... was...was...w.. awful.

awful.

The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure (The 'Good Parts' Version) by William Goldman. awful.

I had no idea such blasphemy existed under the sun.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 04:14 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

depends on if the author is a god on whether its blasphemous (spelt that wrong) i guess.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 09:55 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Telemicus
Wasted

A truly splendid film.
It's wit and cleverness completely caught me by suprise and i've proudly owned it on video for a very long time.

4 and a half stars out of 5

quite inconcievable that people are slating it.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 06:08 PM
Telemicus is currently offline Click here to Send Telemicus a Private Message Find more posts by Telemicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Great book. Great movie.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 09:27 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WillyWonka

Definitely top 10 movies of all times. I think at some point when I was in college, I could have recited this movie from beginning to end.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 10:52 PM
WillyWonka is currently offline Click here to Send WillyWonka a Private Message Find more posts by WillyWonka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

I dont understand how anyone could not like this movie, it would be good based soley on the dialouge but after that you have great action scenery, not to mention just about every actor/ess seems that they were born for their part. I have to say tho' the banter is all the best, who hasnt laughed when they heard "as you wish" or "my name, is innego montoya, you have killed my father, prepare to die" GOD I love this movie, gonna go and but it tonite methinks

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 06:11 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

Love, love, love this movie! I honestly don't know how anyone can not love it. I haven't read the book so I can't speak to that, The movie has everything - humor, adventure, romance, etc. There are too many quotes to count.

Inigo Montoya: I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
Westley: Do you always begin conversations this way?

Plus, how can anyone not love little Fred Savage smile

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 02:45 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Anyone liked the movie better then the book?The book sucked big time.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 02:58 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote