KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Saw

Saw
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

If all horror was classed as scary major knight there would only be about 10 horror films in the world! There thats my rant over lol

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 03:24 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I really haven't seen many films in the last few years, i'd deem original but this was definitely in a league of its own, one part even had me turning away from the screen, everyone - even non-horror/thriller fans were singing its praises.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 03:56 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

WOOT WOOT I will be in the theater in six hours, cant wait, my halloween is riding on this flick being good, that and the huge party im having saturday, I am hoping to go as Jigsaw!!!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 05:35 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

Y would u wanna look like jigsaw? he just looks like a normal bloke lol

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 06:42 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

This movie ****ing failed. I swear, the entire Horror genre needs to be obliterated, as it continues to fail in it's quest of providing quality entertainment.

Look for my venomous review later.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 08:42 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

really cinema? that bad? if its that bad it may ruin my halloween!!! NO PLEASE

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 09:49 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
This movie ****ing failed. I swear, the entire Horror genre needs to be obliterated, as it continues to fail in it's quest of providing quality entertainment.

Look for my venomous review later.

If you want to see a review ripping this movie apart, read mine. I loathed this movie. Loathed it. It was sloppy as hell and took as many shortcuts as possible to leave the audience feeling grim and frusturated.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 12:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I gotta check it out. I hope it isn't as bad as you guys are saying. Hate to waste my cash on trash.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 01:50 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

My review was nice in comparison, lol. Not to toot my own horn, but when both Backfire and I lay into a movie, chances are it's not worth seeing.

I'm so disappointed, as I was actually thinking this was going to be the Horror flick of the year. Turns out to be another 365 days of crappy horror films.

I'm going to see "Ray" on Monday, hoping my luck will change.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 02:00 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

WTF were u guys expecting, It wasnt supposed to be a scary movie, It was pumped as one but I promise that when those guys set down to write it they were thinking something original. The premise is what had me, two guys wake up in a bathroom chained to the walls with instrustions to off eachother, Right on something new, Now, Elwes needs to stick to Men in Tights I agree, I even thought he had an accent when he yelled, but The writer/Danny did a pretty damn good job. Sorry guys but there will never be another se7en or Silence of the lambs, I hate those comnparisons. I agree both those movies were better, But i would go see this again before I go see the Grunge!!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 04:58 AM
DaRk Lotus
king of the underworld

I saw the movie hee..8x cuz I work at the movies smile

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 09:14 AM
DaRk Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Like I said, nice story, but poor execution. Cary Elwes singlehandedly ruined the film. Danny Glover's uninspired "acting" made it worse, and the fact that the movie was full of rejected Nine Inch Nails video clips rounded it out.

"Saw" was more like a butter knife. Don't buy into the hype, and don't allow this or "The Grudge" to insult your intelligence, kids.

It's a great year for horror comedies, that's for sure.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 03:54 PM
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Like I said, nice story, but poor execution. Cary Elwes singlehandedly ruined the film. Danny Glover's uninspired "acting" made it worse, and the fact that the movie was full of rejected Nine Inch Nails video clips rounded it out.

"Saw" was more like a butter knife. Don't buy into the hype, and don't allow this or "The Grudge" to insult your intelligence, kids.

It's a great year for horror comedies, that's for sure.
LMAO i knew this movie would suck.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 07:15 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

-sigh-Its just like you guys to overlook things, I guess.Sad but I dont even know what I mean by saying that.I personally think saw looks like an interesting movie and I do plan on seeing it one day.I also am interested in "The Grudge" since it is a Japanese horror.But I have heard that the american version butchered it.

But it doesnt matter since I tend to like movies that other people overexamine and come to hate.I remember how Backfire would say the only good Halloween movie was the first.I disagreed then and I hopefully will disagree this time as well.So yes I will either waste my money or watch a good movie...only time will tell either way I will see Saw and offer my oppinion in probably....probably when it comes out on DvD or VHS.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 08:25 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by Major Knight
LMAO i knew this movie would suck.

It's better then The Grudge, that's for sure. Much more scarrier, wait that's not saying much, because The Grudge ****ING SUCKED.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2004 08:38 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I just saw this tonight. I loved it. Cary Elwes's acting did make me come up with the conclusion that he was the killer (LOL). He just seemed too calm and figured things out quickly. It's a very interesting concept and the deaths were, in my opinion, very gruesome and unique.

I found it kinda farfetched when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the body in the room got up and killed Adam. Someone wouldn't be able to hold completely still that long. Or maybe they were just caught up in the moment.

Last edited by Wolfie on Oct 31st, 2004 at 06:31 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 06:28 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie
I just saw this tonight. I loved it. Cary Elwes's acting did make me come up with the conclusion that he was the killer (LOL). He just seemed too calm and figured things out quickly. It's a very interesting concept and the deaths were, in my opinion, very gruesome and unique.

I found it kinda farfetched when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the body in the room got up and killed Adam. Someone wouldn't be able to hold completely still that long. Or maybe they were just caught up in the moment.

Cary Elwes wasn't the killer, though.

Oh yeah, one other thing.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anybody else find it extremely convenient that a terminally ill man, dying of an inoperable brain tumor, A) sneaks out of a hospital, and B) shows no signs of having said tumor? I had a cousin, Angie (R.I.P.) who had one, and her forehead was buldging out past her nose.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 02:42 PM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I know Cary Elwes wasn't the killer. I was just saying his bad acting made me think he was at first.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 07:28 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Gotcha. I'd never wish death on anyone, but offing Cary would have made the movies much easier to enjoy.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 07:58 PM
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>
It's better then The Grudge, that's for sure. Much more scarrier, wait that's not saying much, because The Grudge ****ING SUCKED.
lol w/e man i dont really think anything could be worse then "SAW"...well not true i guess "dawn of the dead" remake could be that movie was just crap.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 09:27 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote