KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America vs. Cyclops

Captain America vs. Cyclops
Started by: Wonder Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emraldguardian

I dont ever remember that happening.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 02:38 PM
emraldguardian is currently offline Click here to Send emraldguardian a Private Message Find more posts by emraldguardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by Tron
Wolverine's claws can only scratch Hulk, he's not strong enough to get them further in than that.

Scratch ? Like it or not, but Wolverine has done much more than only "scratch" Hulk.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 05:30 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

Cap is the better fighter but Cyke has way more firepower. Cyke is capable of punching holes through mountains (at least from what I understand) so I would think he could also punch a hole through the ground where caps is standing. Can cap really walk through that blast anyway? I understand he can deflect it or repel it but I wonder if he can really walk through it. If cap throws his shield and misses, he is done.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 09:40 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

I'm gonna go with CA since he's a better fighter than Cyclops.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 09:52 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
asana
there is only one

me too i gotta go wit CA
also cyclops only has dat plasma blast dats it
all i know is CA's shield we be a big advantage for him plus he's a much better fighter than cyclops
cyclop better take his goggle off in thas fight b/c if he plans to fight CA man to man he's gonna get his ass wipe bad and the battle will be finish sooner than expected

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 07:56 PM
asana is currently offline Click here to Send asana a Private Message Find more posts by asana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Cyclops isn't so stupid to aim for Caps shield and you should see some of the trick shots he has pulled off. He could just aim his optic blast at the ground in front of Cap which I would imagine would make a crater of some sort that Captain America would fall into.

Well, I don't agree with it Cyclops has gotten the better of Wolverine in hand to hand before. He has also taken down the x-men on his own in one issue of Uncanny X-men.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 08:05 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Capt.JK
Slingin' Shield since '69

quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Famous
can cap block an optic blast with his shield without being blown away?

Actually, yes. One of the materials that makes up Cap's shield is Vibranium, which absorbs forceful impacts. The stronger the force, the better it performs. In Avengers #502, Cap took a full-force blast from a Kree battleship's main assault cannon, and only fell back on his butt a couple of feet. He wasn't even fazed. He has absorbed impacts from Hulk and Thor and kept standing. Cyclops would not be a problem.

"The only guide to a man is his conscience... with this shield, however fates may play, we march always in the ranks of honor."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 08:44 PM
Capt.JK is currently offline Click here to Send Capt.JK a Private Message Find more posts by Capt.JK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

Cyclops is a little *****! Caps is a strong muscular so called "American Hero!!!" As a matter of fact Cyclops would blast, Caps would block with his shield then do a sumersault and whip the shield into Cyclops. The fight would last ten seconds. And it would turn into a team battle.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 03:58 AM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

nuff said

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 03:59 AM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Both of these characters make my skin crawl with hatred. I hope they both land fatal blows at the same time so they both die. That'd be awesome. Full power Cyke blast to Cap's face, while Cap plunges his sheild into Cyke's throat. Oh, the sweetness.

Damn... exactly what i was thinking.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 04:37 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Capt.JK

quote:
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
[B]Cyclops isn't so stupid to aim for Caps shield and you should see some of the trick shots he has pulled off. /B]

Cap is famous for his trick shots with his shield. It might be a decent fight, but no way is Cyke walking away with a victory in this one. Cap puts him down in the end.

Cap wins.

"The only guide to a man is his conscience... with this shield, however fates may play, we march always in the ranks of honor."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 04:43 AM
Capt.JK is currently offline Click here to Send Capt.JK a Private Message Find more posts by Capt.JK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

ten second fight!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 04:45 AM
Capt.JK

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
untrue, cyke has proved himself time and again a better leader and tactician.

and if cyclops is full power he can destroy caps shield, as long as he can dodge it.

You are wrong on so many levels here. Cap is THE tactician in the Marvel Universe, and THE best hand-to-hand fighter (check Marvel.com). Cyclops ain't even close in either department. And NOTHING can destroy Cap's shield, except for MAYBE a ground-zero, thermo-nuclear detonation, which MIGHT seperate the Adamantium/Vibranium molecular bond. And in the Marvel Universe, even THIS is speculation. Cyke has NOTHING that can even scratch the paint on that shield.

Cap wins.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 04:52 AM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
Originally posted by Evangel94
Cyclops blasts at full power shatter an entire mountain. It's pure concusssive force. Captain America is a normal human and can't take that.

Eva Cap i peak human condition, and probably to hit Cap Cyke must use a surface to deflect the blast and hit Cap in the back.

P.S. Where did u take the WW image u have in sign?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 02:25 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

imo cap wins

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 03:51 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

I give this one to Cyclops for several reasons :

1. Cyke handles those beams of his at least as well as Captain America handles his shield, but the difference is his optic beams are sooo much more powerful and devastating than Caps' shield.

2. Cyclops is, in my opinion as good a leader and tactician as Captain America. Captain America is of course the better fighter, but Scott won't be so stupid to make this fight a fistfight : he just hits what he wants (head, arms, legs, whatever) because he has little chance of missing. Captain America can not predict Cyplops' aim, and will be hit sooner or later.

3. No way a writer will decide that it's time for Cyclops to kick Captain America's ass, he's much too popular, so Cyclops will always lose in a comic fight. In this forum, he wins. Come on, give him a break. wink.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 06:55 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Capt.JK

You're wrong... for several reasons:

1) Cyclops is good with his eye-beams, but unfortunately Cap is just as good or better with his shield. And unfortunately for Cyclops, those eye-beams are pretty much it. Once Cap gets his mitts on him (and you know he will), Cyke is O.U.T. for the count. And Cap doesn't have to know where the eye-beams are going to hit. His reaction time allows for him to react after the beam is fired. Read a few Cap comics and you will easily see this is true. His reflexes are far superior to Cyke's.

2) Obviously you know absolutely NOTHING about Captain America. Cap is THE best strategist and tactician in the Marvel Universe. Ask yourself: why is Cap always chosen to lead whenever there is a gathering of heroes? Whether it be the Avengers, or a combination of other heroes, or a meeting of the whole Marvel roster, or a crossover such as JLA vs the Avengers or Marvel vs DC. Cap is always UNANIMOUSLY chosen to lead because of his ability to analyze a combat situation and formulate a plan of attack and defense within moments. He is THE BEST.

3) Of course the writers will decide Cap wins. The writers decide every single thing that happens to any character. These are stories based on fictitious characters. But the point is, Cap has been written as a stronger character in the context of this forum's discussion, i.e. his abilities vs Cyclops' abilities. Therefore...

Cap wins.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 10:08 PM
Havoc470
Smo

of course he's the better tactician/strategist......captain america (he has the word captain in his name for a reason) has been in everything, he's basically mastered strategy and tactics through so much experience, cyke undoubtly has great experience but not better than cap imo

i like cyke but i think he's out-classed against cap, sure cyke has an advantage in range, but one concussive blast isnt gonna get cap down and thats IF it hits cap anywhere on his body

Last edited by Havoc470 on Nov 29th, 2004 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 10:15 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Captain America is a master with his shield (and a much better fighter). True. But Cyclops is also a master with his eye beams. He’s able to shoot his blasts with incredible accuracy, and isn’t afraid of using trigonometric calculations for reaching difficult spots.

And how long does it take Scott to look and fire ? Half a second at most. Not as long as it takes Captain America to aim and throw his shield, a shield that is slow when we compare it to Scotts’ eye beams. At full power Cyclops can pulverize a heavy tank, or level a hill. Is Captain America a tank ? I didn’t think so.

And yes, I know of course CA is not going to wait for Cyclops’ attack, and I know he will probably dodge the beams, or hide behind his shield (duh) and prepare himself for a fast and cunning attack (duh). I never said Cyclops is going to win. I’m just not counting him out yet, because if Captain America gets hit only once, it’s game over. Captain America can not survive a full blast, end of story.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 06:45 PM
Capt.JK

That's the point. Cap knows he can't take the hit directly, just like he knows he can't beat him in a range fight. Cap is the supreme strategist on a battlefield. He's going to close in fast and take Cyke out. And once Cap gets close... Game Over.

Cap wins.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 06:43 AM