KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.
Started by: Johnlindsey289

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Stupid topic.

The Darth Maul v.s Obi-wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn duel in TPM pisses on the entire LOTR trilogy.

Forget the OT, the PT all by itself pWnZ LOTR.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post May 31st, 2007 02:28 AM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Stupid topic.

The Darth Maul v.s Obi-wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn duel in TPM pisses on the entire LOTR trilogy.

That "duel" piece is mediocre at best and can't make up for what is essentially a bad movie, also part of a disappointing and unfocused trilogy.

Lord of the Rings is one of the most realised cinematic achievements of the last 10 years and the PT fell short of the mark for alot of people.

Old Post May 31st, 2007 05:56 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Originally posted by exanda kane
That "duel" piece is mediocre at best and can't make up for what is essentially a bad movie, also part of a disappointing and unfocused trilogy.

Lord of the Rings is one of the most realised cinematic achievements of the last 10 years and the PT fell short of the mark for alot of people.

I happen to agree with you except for calling the duel "mediocre". It is actually the best duel of the sextology... choreographically speaking.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 31st, 2007 06:41 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Choreographically speaking it could be the dogs bollocks but still it has the emotional and narrative relevance of a slightly rebellious piece of cutlery. It's eye candy, pure and simple and not a touch on the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi duels, shove in there to remind the audience that its nearly time to go home.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 31st, 2007 09:08 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Like I said, choreographically speaking. It really is the best choreagraphed duel. I never mentioned emotion. You're point has gotten across. You are not too fond of it. I get that... good for you. My favorite SW movie happens to be Empire Strikes Back BECAUSE of the emotion therein, so I understand the difference you speak of.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 31st, 2007 10:04 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chewy16

Originally posted by sithsaber408
Stupid topic.

The TPM duel was cool to look at, fun to watch, but 8 years later: BORING!!!!!!! That is the whole problem with the PT is that Lucas sacrificed any drama for CGI and action to cater to a certain fanbase. The only part that truly resonates on a dramatic level in the PT is the last hour of ROTS, and by then it is too late.

I am not a big LOTR fan, but it is so obvious that the LOTR trilogy is a much better trilogy then the PT, I don't think it is even close.

I still say the OT is better then LOTR because of the characters. I mean you can't beat Darth Vader & The Emperor as bad guys, and are there any better good guys in movies then Luke, Leia, and Han? Lucas hit a bullseye with those characters in the OT even with Yoda, Lando, Chewy, etc, and there was no way he was going to duplicate it in the PT.

Who would you take:

Frodo or Luke?
Han or Aragorn?
Gimli or C3PO/R2D2?
Leia or Eowyn?
Kenobi(Guiness) or Gandalf?
Chewy or Gollum?
Lando or Boromir?
Yoda or ????? (I couldn't think of anyone comparable)
Vader or Saramon(Christopher Lee Character)?
The Emperor vs Sauron?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 10:55 AM
chewy16 is currently offline Click here to Send chewy16 a Private Message Find more posts by chewy16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ymir
Frost Giant

Peter Jackson is definitely the better filmmaker. I still like Star Wars better though. Probably due to nostalgia, and vaunted childhood memories.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:42 AM
Ymir is currently offline Click here to Send Ymir a Private Message Find more posts by Ymir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Star Wars is weaker thematically than Lord of the Rings. It's a pulp myth, or as I laughed when I read the other day, a McMyth.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 04:27 PM
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

holy shit this is like reminding me of flashbacks of clerks 2. sorry people completely off topic carry on.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 03:00 AM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Clerks 2 has already been written off as a mediocre film by an untalented director, what he says is as viable to criticism as you or me. Well, not me.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 12:07 PM
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Originally posted by Johnlindsey289
There can be only one fantasy trilogy!

Which is the better trilogy and who is better George Lucas or Peter Jackson?

Why in God's name wasn't there a poll to go along with this?

LOTR all the way. Never even seen SW, lol.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 07:49 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quark_666
political cynic

LOTR has less contradictions. But why the heck did they have to leave out the invasion of the Shire? I was really looking forward to seeing that part.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 07:33 PM
Quark_666 is currently offline Click here to Send Quark_666 a Private Message Find more posts by Quark_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Quark_666
LOTR has less contradictions. But why the heck did they have to leave out the invasion of the Shire? I was really looking forward to seeing that part.

Same sad

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 07:36 PM
gingercaily

Lord of the Rings was a great battle movie while Star Wars was a great mirror of future as technology becomes more advanced..

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 12:47 PM
gingercaily is currently offline Click here to Send gingercaily a Private Message Find more posts by gingercaily Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by exanda kane
Choreographically speaking it could be the dogs bollocks but still it has the emotional and narrative relevance of a slightly rebellious piece of cutlery. It's eye candy, pure and simple and not a touch on the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi duels, shove in there to remind the audience that its nearly time to go home.

Nah, Anakin vs Obi-Wan I believe is better. Not only did it have the action but also threw it onto an emotional level equal to Luke vs Vader from ROTJ.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 12:53 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNinjaMaster

The original star wars movies were sufficiently awesome, but the new ones sucked in comparison (except for yoda fighting). Anakin's acting makes me cry, too.

The LotR story (aka the books) destroy star wars the movies. The LotR movies on the other hand, I'd say are maybe even with the original star wars movies and surpassing the new ones easily.

p.s. Just make Lord of the Stars: Fellowship of the Orctroopers, where the two stories fight it out to the death. Most logical way to settle this age old question.

Please disregard everything I've ever said

http://www.theninjamaster.com

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 01:48 AM
TheNinjaMaster is currently offline Click here to Send TheNinjaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by TheNinjaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Star Wars was good but at least LOTR didn't have Jar Jar Binks

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 02:39 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonknight11

Both

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 09:02 PM
moonknight11 is currently offline Click here to Send moonknight11 a Private Message Find more posts by moonknight11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

lord of the rings is much better than star wars.

trumps it in all regards.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 06:20 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Re: Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

Originally posted by Johnlindsey289
There can be only one fantasy trilogy!

Which is the better trilogy and who is better George Lucas or Peter Jackson?

Lord of the rings is a better movie hands down. In every way its pretty much picture perfect. Good story, good fx, good acting, has the moments that make laugh, the moments that make you cry, and the moments that make you terrified.

But I like Star Wars more. To me its just a lot more fun to watch. It has a good story for the most part, alright acting (in both OT & PT), and amazing FX. But its more original than anything else and thats why I like it.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 02:04 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote