KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.
Started by: Johnlindsey289

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

As a SW fan I love SW more, although I do think on the whole LOTR is a better trilogy. The three episodes show no major faults, they are quote stable in quality. That is where SW is not so great.

Then again: if there was never any SW, LOTR could not have been made this way.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 02:19 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Couldn't have said it better.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 05:13 PM
Col. Valerian is currently offline Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

didnt GL get his star wars idea from Tolken's Lotr ?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 06:36 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

Dude... SW was invented a LOT of time before LOTR was even thought about..

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 06:33 AM
0°Mandalore°0 is currently offline Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Lord of the Rings books where written, or at the least being thought of, during WWI no expression

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 07:55 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

Are you serious?

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 01:34 AM
0°Mandalore°0 is currently offline Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 09:13 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 0°Mandalore°0
Are you serious?

Meant to say WWII.

But yeah Tolkein was writing them when he was a soldier in WWII, I'm pretty sure.

edit- Here's a quote from Wikipedia.

"It was written in stages between 1937 and 1949, with much of it being created during World War II.[1] Although intended as a single-volume work, it was originally published in three volumes in 1954 and 1955, and it is in this three-volume form that it is popularly known. "

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 03:58 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by 0°Mandalore°0
Dude... SW was invented a LOT of time before LOTR was even thought about..

I REALLY hope that was dyslexia- simply because LOTR was copyrighted around 1955- LONG before GL made Star Wars.

Lord of the Rings is BY FAR the better story- but I think that the Star Wars Movies were better. Lord of the Rings-as a body of work-carries the day.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 12:03 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Logilly

Let's Be real here Star Wars has made a total of $5.51 billion for all 6 films ranked 3rd of all time behind Bond films and Harry Potter, Lord of Rings is 5th on the list what is a head of it? Shrek nuff said If you can't beat out shrek your nothing end of story. wink (I do like LOTR btw just not as much as Star Wars)

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 04:50 AM
Logilly is currently offline Click here to Send Logilly a Private Message Find more posts by Logilly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

I'll have to say that Lord of the Rings is better for me because it is so well thought out and so much more original than Star Wars. But, other than that, both film series carry the same fundamental elements of fantasy, despite the different settings, so there's really not much else to really compare for me.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 10:59 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Lord of the Rings by far for me anyways.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 07:50 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Especially to be preferred over the PT.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 09:39 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
desibabs4u

Lord of rings is the best...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2011 01:49 PM
desibabs4u is currently offline Click here to Send desibabs4u a Private Message Find more posts by desibabs4u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

After seeing vader say noo in ROTJ i say LOTR is still the best

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 08:39 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
no_1_movie_fan

Lord of the Rings

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 08:36 PM
no_1_movie_fan is currently offline Click here to Send no_1_movie_fan a Private Message Find more posts by no_1_movie_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hussy9

Yeah! Star Wars is better....

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 12:16 PM
hussy9 is currently offline Click here to Send hussy9 a Private Message Find more posts by hussy9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leahsguide

The TPM duel was cool to look at, fun to watch, but 8 years later: BORING!!!!!!! That is the whole problem with the PT is that Lucas sacrificed any drama for CGI and action to cater to a certain fanbase. The only part that truly resonates on a dramatic level in the PT is the last hour of ROTS, and by then it is too late.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 07:36 PM
leahsguide is currently offline Click here to Send leahsguide a Private Message Find more posts by leahsguide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Re: Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

Originally posted by Johnlindsey289
There can be only one fantasy trilogy!

Which is the better trilogy and who is better George Lucas or Peter Jackson?
It's a very difficult question & I think both are fantastic! But if I had to choose one, I'd probably lean more towards LOTR.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 09:31 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by queeq
As a SW fan I love SW more, although I do think on the whole LOTR is a better trilogy. The three episodes show no major faults, they are quote stable in quality. That is where SW is not so great.

Then again: if there was never any SW, LOTR could not have been made this way.
Why couldn't it?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 09:32 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote