KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.
Started by: Johnlindsey289

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Ah heck! Star Trek rules them all! stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 10:56 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It comes down to personal preference really. I prefer the LOTR's films to the SW films, just a tad.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 12:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by cal31
thanks for the cheesiest line I've ever heard in a big movie .

*AHEM*

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

"Are you an angel?" - Anakin

"Now THIS is Podracing!" - Anakin

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent" - Qui Gon Jinn

Stop me if you've heard these..lol. laughing

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:11 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

"I don't like sand, it's course and it gets everywhere, unlike you."

As cheesy as those lines are, CA, I blieve this one tops them.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:12 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

You, sir, are correct.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:25 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.::Levi@than::.

actually BF, i think he says something more like "I don't like sand, it's coarse and rough and it gets everywhere, not like here, here everythings soft.. and smooth" etc. etc.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:27 AM
.::Levi@than::. is currently offline Click here to Send .::Levi@than::. a Private Message Find more posts by .::Levi@than::. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

No, I know it ends with 'Not like you". I'll double check tonight after work to make sure though.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:28 AM
chez
Corporal-Captain

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
No, I know it ends with 'Not like you". I'll double check tonight after work to make sure though.

I think you're right. Either way, it's still awful. I have to cringe every time I hear that line! sick

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:31 AM
chez is currently offline Click here to Send chez a Private Message Find more posts by chez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

I just went and checked on my dvd, he says 'not like here' but it can kinda sound like 'not like you'.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:38 AM
.::Levi@than::. is currently offline Click here to Send .::Levi@than::. a Private Message Find more posts by .::Levi@than::. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Then there is..

"Oh, no! I'd be much too frightened to tease a senator!"

Hayden..Anakin..whoever the **** you are...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:39 AM
Prozak
Bad Mother F****r

quote:
Originally posted by chez
I think you're right. Either way, it's still awful. I have to cringe every time I hear that line! sick

Best way to avoid that line? Don't watch it. Although to me thats not the worst line. The worst line comes from Sam Jackson; i mean, what kind of Jedi says 'This party's over' They should dub some pulp fiction lines in there...I'd kill to hear mace windu talk about giving a biatch a foot massage big grin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:40 AM
Prozak is currently offline Click here to Send Prozak a Private Message Find more posts by Prozak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

laughing

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:40 AM
chez
Corporal-Captain

Nice. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:41 AM
chez is currently offline Click here to Send chez a Private Message Find more posts by chez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

"I am no man" still takes it in my book.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:53 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It was expoiting the irony of the situation, and had it actually been DELIVERED in a corny fashion, I'd understand. But, it wasn't, and I don't, so there you have it.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 02:12 AM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

It was fricken corny, how could the witch king, the most terrifying person other than Sauron himself, miss a weak woman with the weapons he had? It just wouldn't happen, plus on top of that you have that gay ass line and that totally ruined it. I've gone on LOTR forums and even die hard fans there have said they think it's really corny.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 02:32 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Frodo makes C3PO look tough.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 03:38 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

To add to that, LOTR easily has the most sissy's. Even the "tough" guys looked like chicks with their locks.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 03:40 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tolkien is rolling in his grave mad LOTR is one book one movie mad so its not a trilogy mad its one 9 hour long movie with breathers in the middle mad he was sooooooo pissed when they split his books. mad

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 05:21 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote:
Originally posted by MF D00m
To add to that, LOTR easily has the most sissy's. Even the "tough" guys looked like chicks with their locks.

mad the movie made them look like that mad

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 05:22 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote