KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.
Started by: Johnlindsey289

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

I'm just glad we have them both. I don't think anybody around here can argue with that. We are argueing about apples and oranges here. And I wouldn't go as far to say that Peter Jackson thinks what Lucas is doing now sucks, and he thinks it is wrong. You shouldn't speak for somebody you don't know. Besides Star Wars has changed for better or for worse, I don't know. Let future generations decide that. Because the only people who seem to hate the prequels and changes to star wars are pretty much coming from a certain age demographic for the most part (no offense JP). Who cares which one is better. Now if you want to compare LOTR to the matrix, LOTR hands down.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 07:46 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

cant complain with that

OB1 knows what he's saying

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 08:10 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

ORIGINAL STAR WARS, with mark hammel, and the hot chick with the huge knockers and those things in her hair, and harrison ford, greatest. SCREW THAT NEW CRAP

One little spark...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 12:22 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I Love them both, i grew up watching Star Wars but LOTR blew me away and whileill always love SW i think the new stuff fell short and it was kinda disapointed and LOTR is perfect from start to finish, the new SW episodes kinda messed up the whole saga for me in the sense that i see them as flaws.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 12:28 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anth
The one and only

Lord of the Rings.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 05:13 PM
Anth is currently offline Click here to Send Anth a Private Message Find more posts by Anth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ilyas_Shezad415

STAR WARS IS THE BEST IT HAS THE NEW ONE WHICH IS COMING OUT ITS GOING TO GO AND HIT THE GROUND TRUST ME STAR WARS IS DEFINETLY THE BEST!!!

Last edited by BackFire on Oct 6th, 2004 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:08 PM
Ilyas_Shezad415 is currently offline Click here to Send Ilyas_Shezad415 a Private Message Find more posts by Ilyas_Shezad415 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ilyas_Shezad415

edited

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Oct 6th, 2004 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:13 PM
Ilyas_Shezad415 is currently offline Click here to Send Ilyas_Shezad415 a Private Message Find more posts by Ilyas_Shezad415 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ilyas_Shezad415

SO STAR WARS IS THE BEST I SEE

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:13 PM
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

my god. no need to b itch at everyone. ..also no need to use 3 posts to d o it. you already said ur opinion and no ones challenging you

bitches bow down

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:21 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Don't call people names.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:34 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
minnow14
Last of the true Jedi

Star Wars is King

No contest ,Star Wars, it has total ownage on LOTR. LOTR is an longwinded, overrated, pile that some dude in Ohio said it was good and everyone agreed for some reason. And Star Wars started so many good things on so many different levels of life even and LOTR was just a money making machine. Star Wars by far

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 09:53 PM
minnow14 is currently offline Click here to Send minnow14 a Private Message Find more posts by minnow14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

blink do you know that LOTR is the second most read book in the world next only to the bible? ....... it beats the Koran for God's sake.... blink and it was written by an Englishmen during WW2

they are both equal in my eye but SW I and II have kinda repulsed me somewhat ... erm

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 01:06 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

As far as the story (and book) goes, LOTR has more of a story and background to it.
However, Star Wars (the original trilogy) was a much better MOVIE than the LOTR movies.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 10:42 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

It depends on weather you are an old school movie person, cause the new ones just....well basically suck. Old one rules though.

Star Wars original is really a non special effects movie and it's more models, where as Lord Of The Rings is big special effects which don't look fake unlike star wars I and II, i can't really say actually i would say LoTR but i grew up on Star Wars so i'm not choosing stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 11:41 AM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nienna
nonexistent

I like both, but tbh, Star Wars sort of, well, really lost my interest. erm

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 11:51 AM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VIVALALANCE335

Same

There is nothing better than both thoes movies.. there equally rated!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 10:15 PM
VIVALALANCE335 is currently offline Click here to Send VIVALALANCE335 a Private Message Find more posts by VIVALALANCE335 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

I'm not into Starwars at all it just doesnt appeal to me,Where as LOTR to me just plainly rocked.

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 10:20 PM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

you cant really compare these two trilogies as which is better. Star wars is a master peice. It combines numerous levels of storytelling and formula's. you know what, there really is no reason to go into details, because if you seriously believe that the LOTR is a better trilogy, as in originality and innovation, and all that other good stuff...you are out of your skull. Nothing like Star wars was ever seen or attempted before. Star wars opend the flood gates to pretty much every science fiction we know of today,the way films were made period, thousands of fantasy stories, and so many more things, it is just mind boggeling. It will continue to inspire for decades to come. So the new star war movies are shitty, lame and tired, nothing can take away from the greatest trilogy and story of all time.

LOTR is a bad ass trilogy, the story has substance, because of one mans life work. The films are beutifull and entertaining, but they target a certain kind of audience, where as star wars has somthing for everybody. The story in star wars was written by the man who made the movie, this let him shape the film to his likings. LOTR had to follow the books, they had many things to consider, and many things they couldnt do because of the books, this made for kind of an awkward paced story on film. Both are great, but only star wars is the master.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 11:11 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lord of the Rings

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 01:13 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hunchy

Dude Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are completely different...Star Wars is more sci-fi, Lord of the Rings are fantasy...I like them both...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 01:48 AM
hunchy is currently offline Click here to Send hunchy a Private Message Find more posts by hunchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote