KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Overated Movies Ever!!!!!!!

Most Overated Movies Ever!!!!!!!
Started by: BENDER_17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

The 2nd and 3rd movies aren't held in high regard to begin with.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:11 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

i think the 2nd and third matrixes were hyped up, but after they came out there were enough people who didn't enjoy them that they're not overrated anymore...LOTR trilogy on the other hand i think is wayyy wayy wayy overrated.

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 09:30 PM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Re: Most Overated Movies Ever!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by BENDER_17
what do you think are the most overated movies you have ever seen!!!?

5. Pearl Habor

4. Underworld

3.Romeo Must Die

2.Mystic River

1.MONSTERS BALL!!!!!!
Movies require being liked to be overrated. Pearl Harbor and Underworld (unfortunately) don't apply.

Anything M. Night Shaymalan did after Sixth Sense is vastly overrated. Especially Signs. I hate that movie

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 09:35 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The 2nd and 3rd movies aren't held in high regard to begin with.

Yes, but some people like them, and they're so bad that that makes them over rated.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 09:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by 113
i think the 2nd and third matrixes were hyped up, but after they came out there were enough people who didn't enjoy them that they're not overrated anymore...LOTR trilogy on the other hand i think is wayyy wayy wayy overrated.

There are plenty of people who don't like the LOTR trilogy.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 10:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xena
Warrior Princess

lord of the rings the whole trilogy. Titanic has a sweet love story and i dont considered to be over rated.

Made by Cinemaddiction smile

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 05:04 AM
Xena is currently offline Click here to Send Xena a Private Message Find more posts by Xena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

By far the most overrated is Old School....that movie is both gay and retarded and everyone i know loves it.

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 05:33 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

i think the movie friday is WAYY overated amongst african americans i know. theyre all like "That movie was teh shit soo funni!" and im all like wht? where? i didnt see it

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 11:37 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by deadly_force
shrek 1+2, spiderman

I agree. a couple others I will add to that list are batman 1 & 2 and E.T.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 11:46 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Those Scary Movies, 1, 2, 3 are overrated messed

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 12:12 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by The Redeemer
TITANIC. Or, as it's better known as...S*ITETANIC...I know...it's a popularly hated film, so sue me!!! eek!
yes

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 01:25 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zanthor

For myself I would have to say Pearl Harbor. It was an ok movie. Some of the special effecfts were great. After I saw the movie I saw a program called History versus Hollywood. They ripped it apart. I expected the movie be be a bit more sound on its facts.

Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 01:48 AM
Zanthor is currently offline Click here to Send Zanthor a Private Message Find more posts by Zanthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

Troy. Ive mentioned this somewhere before but they messed up a great war story with a film that targets young girls with a Brad Pitt (achillies) love story. the war was meant to take 10 years but you wouldnt even know it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 05:25 AM
El Toro is currently offline Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rambo

LOTR trilogy, Matrix Trilogy, and Harry Potter

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 02:23 PM
Rambo is currently offline Click here to Send Rambo a Private Message Find more posts by Rambo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

Star Wars Episode I

Collateral

Terminator 3

Shrek 1 +2

Big Fish

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 04:51 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Episode 1 and Terminator 3 aren't overrated because they weren't highly rated in the first place.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 08:28 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

People are confusing overrated with hyped

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 09:31 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

No episode 1 was a big hit because it was the first star wars movie to come out in what 30 some odd years. All the old school star wars fans hated it though, myself included because it generally sucked. All the newcomers to the science fiction/fantasy genre couldn't tell the difference

terminator 3...pretty much the same reason, first T movie to come out in like 10 or so years, newcomers who think its classic just because its part of the trilogy dont know the difference.

Although I will admit there was a lot of hype, i'm not confusing it with being overrated. Maybe i could have put it better in my original post.

But Titanic was hype. Pure hype and middle school lust for DiCaprio. It got good ratings because of the famous director, special effects, and dramatic story line. The movie and acting itself...a disgrace to the industry. So if you think about it, there really is a fine line, if any at all between over-hyped movies, and overrated movies. Mostly because you usually can't have one without the other

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Last edited by Curl_Up&Dye on Sep 29th, 2004 at 03:45 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 03:43 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

no message

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 09:05 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Pitch Black and Collateral

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 06:55 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote