KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs Gambit

Wolverine vs Gambit
Started by: Edger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Edger

Cool Wolverine vs Gambit

Im new to these boards and was just wondering who you guys think would win in this cool matchup and why?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:10 PM
Edger is currently offline Click here to Send Edger a Private Message Find more posts by Edger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

moving to vs forum...

by Scythe

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 11:57 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Wolverine, he has better fighting skills and and better stamina

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:19 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

iīm going with wolverine has well, healing factor, adamantium, better fighting skills.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 10:56 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I think Wolverine has more skills, but it could go either way, namely because Wolverine's skeleton is bonded with an inorganic material. I've been waiting years for it to happen, and finally in Ultimate X-Men 51, Gambit charged up Wolverine's skeleton smile

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 05:00 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
in Ultimate X-Men 51, Gambit charged up Wolverine's skeleton

cool, i gotta see that, as for who would win, if gambit can do that i think hed win, otherwise, i think wolvie'd beat him

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 05:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I think Wolverine has more skills, but it could go either way, namely because Wolverine's skeleton is bonded with an inorganic material. I've been waiting years for it to happen, and finally in Ultimate X-Men 51, Gambit charged up Wolverine's skeleton smile

i didnīt knew that, and what happen then? did he kill wolverine? or not?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 06:57 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

He did no kill Wolverine. Wolverine had him down on the ground, and Gambit grabbed one of his claws and charged his skeleton. Had Gambit detonated it, it would have taken him out as well. Although when he had his amped up powers awhile back, he could detonate things by thinking about it. At that power level, I'd give the victory to him easily.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 07:17 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

ya but when he was that tuff he is almost unbeat able, but in current state wolvie owns him

IM AWESOME

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 12:49 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

thas really interesting, how did gambit lose that power? it'd make him 10 times better

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 07:02 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

It originally got amped awhile ago somehow, then he chose to power down because he couldn't control it. Then the dormant aspects of his powers reawakened after he did some time-traveling stuff. Then I think Claremont just forgot about these new power aspects, because it would have been character growth, and that's bad. But then Gambit and Rogue lost their powers altogether in X-Treme X-Men awhile back, and they were just reawakened by Sage, but his powers are now kind of touch and go.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 11:24 PM
ETK

My vote would go to Gambit. Wolverine can't break his staff, it's adamantium. Gambit had ranged attacks as well. Would be a good fight to see.

Does Gambit still have his "charm" ability?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 11:32 PM
ETK is currently offline Click here to Send ETK a Private Message Find more posts by ETK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Gambit has cool power. With his deck of cards it would seem he could keep Wolverine from ever reaching him. That explosive energy would rip Wolverine to shreds. But we all know the Wolverine of comics and with him if he's taken by surprise he usually will fall down but in a berserker head on match, and i site havok/wolverine for example, Wolverine will simply not conceded defeat. He will back you into a corner by instinct and you won't know you have been driven there.
He may be one of the few people who can take out a telepath because he doesn't have to know what he is doing to accomplish his goal.
Havok seems to have more devastating "fires" and wolvie walked through that.
Logan breaks Gambits hands to teach him a lesson in respect, and they bond over beer while Wolverine grows a new set of lungs. raver

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 12:08 AM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

agreed

IM AWESOME

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 12:14 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emraldguardian

In Ultimate X Men Gambit tore up Wolverine it was pretty awsome so it could go either way in my opinion.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 01:46 PM
emraldguardian is currently offline Click here to Send emraldguardian a Private Message Find more posts by emraldguardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

i have to go with wolverine, i mean in UXM gambit knocked him out pretty good, but when you think about it if gambit grabbed wolverines claw he would've gotten cut.....i mean last time i checked his claws are sharp

yeah gambit got those abilities i think after psylocke go into his head to find something, that was a long time ago in uncanny xmen i think

Last edited by Havoc470 on Sep 30th, 2004 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 05:33 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

In Ultimate Wolvie was trying to get info from him, i think that's the only reason Gambit is still alive.
Don't get me wrong, i really like Gambit in the reg. series. He's slick and ballsy. raver

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:58 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

remember now, we're talking about beat, not kill. we all know that for all practical purposes wolverine cant be killed, especially not in a brawl, but gambit is every bit as a good a fighter, and he's more agile, and gymnastically inclined. so long as he stays away from those claws, i say he puts wolvie down. at least for a round or too, until logan breaks out that berserker rage and leaves him looking at his entrails.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 11:53 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

dude, wolverine is a better fighter, he has like 200 years experiance, he was a samurai for a wile, and he wouldt need to break gambits staff, just thrw it away.

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 01:37 AM
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

50/50. They had a fight in the danger room (around UXM #270 or something), Gambit had Wolvie pinned down for the win. It wasn't a convincing fight though, Wolvie was distracted by the Deathstrike illusion.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 02:40 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote