KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Yay, another computer problem. Won't let me log on

Yay, another computer problem. Won't let me log on
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Worried Yay, another computer problem. Won't let me log on

So I'm using adaware, and my sister tries to get on. It logs her off automatically after she logs on, and she had the bright idea of restarting. Now, NOBODY can log on, and I have the recovery disc all set, I just don't know exactly how to restore everything... I figure that a System Restore might do the trick... or what else can I do? messed

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 03:10 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I found basically a description here: https://secure.experts-exchange.com...rationSource=20

Solution Title: WinXP - logs off as soon as I log on
Date Asked: 07/15/2004 11:28AM PDT
Date Answered: 07/29/2004 11:25PM PDT

WinXP Pro computer set standalong and using the little "welcom menu" icons for logging on. After removing some spyware and an old antivirus program I rebooted. It comes up to the logon icons. As soon as I click on one, it states "loading your personal settings," flashes the desktop for a split second, the goes back to "saving your settings" and the menu.

The kicker is that it also does this in Safe Mode or Safe Mode with command prompt.

Any ideas either 1) why this might happen or 2) how I can get in to roll back to a system restore point. Looking for answers short of reinstalling or running a repair installation--which would be a last resort.
More notes:
-- Can get in to recovery console. But can't get to useful settings to help. Any way to roll back to a system restore point from recovery console.
-- Last known goo setting... options doesn't work. It thinks this is a good one.

But I aint signing up to see the solution, can anybody tell me what to do?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 03:27 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Err...no idea...but my computer did that once a while back no expression

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 03:32 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

joe...that's basically what happened to mine, and you know the story behind that erm problem is, one of my system files had been corrupted, so that screwed things royally...

I'm a signature!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 05:40 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

just follow instructions given to you when you recover

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 10:30 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

re-install windows?

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 02:34 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

how do you guys end UP with these problems? I have never had a 10th of the problems you kids seem to encounter. messed

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 03:29 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

just use Windows more often and you'll see it's buggy wink

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 06:08 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

gee 10 hours a day isnt enough?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 07:00 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you mean the rumors where true? there is one non-bugged Windows versoin? eek!
if you play this right JP, you can make big bucks with this shifty... I can be your manager wink

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 07:02 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 09:33 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Thank you Raz, found that about an hour ago stick out tongue

But that did the trick big grin Thanks!

JP> My 13 year old sister with no knowledge of the internet creates most of the problems... do you let your kids use your computer(s)? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 09:47 PM