KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Godzilla vs Hulk

This poll is closed.
Godzilla 7 43.75%
Hulk 9 56.25%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Godzilla vs Hulk
Started by: Mane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lil-Goblin
Restricted

Account Restricted

This year's Godzilla: Final Wars movie will have forteen monsters but Mechagodzilla will not be in that one.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 06:32 PM
Lil-Goblin is currently offline Click here to Send Lil-Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Lil-Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

quote:
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
I F***** hate the Americans. I want to see the version where Godzilla wins.

As for Mecha, the first one wasn't that good. Making three others doesn't help...

It's all the same, only real difference is they say King Kong won as he swins off, when actually he's runnin' like a beyotch after his beatdown from Godzilla.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 07:17 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Right, but in the American version Kong gets rejunvenated after his beatdown and then they both fall into the sea and Kong is the only one that surfaces. Obviously Godzilla swims underwater, but they don't acknowledge that. Did the Japanese version show Kong getting rejuvenated or did he still get his ass kicked after that?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 04:10 AM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

I don't remember, I'd have to watch the movie again, although I really don't want to.no expression

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 11:47 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Lol, it was a classic! Piece of crap! Actually like all Godzilla movies, it was entertaining the last 15 minutes, the first hour or so is pointless. Nobody cares about the human characters, stop trying to make us give a damn about their lives.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 07:45 PM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

quote:
Right, but in the American version Kong gets rejunvenated after his beatdown and then they both fall into the sea and Kong is the only one that surfaces. Obviously Godzilla swims underwater, but they don't acknowledge that. Did the Japanese version show Kong getting rejuvenated or did he still get his ass kicked after that?

ACTUALLY, i used to believe godzilla won in the japanese version as well, but Kong was really the victor there, unfortunately.

Come to think of it... how many times has godzilla actually died though? I know in the first movie, then he was reincarnated. Then he died again against destroya, and his son took over after that. I'm pretty sure that's all, though.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 06:53 AM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asian Hulk

The Hulk

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 09:04 AM
Asian Hulk is currently offline Click here to Send Asian Hulk a Private Message Find more posts by Asian Hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Surprise surprise, I wasn't expecting that answer from him.laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 02:01 PM
wrathofachilles

Well he would know, considering he knows Godzilla personally, being from Asia wink

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 02:51 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Now that's a low blow, I wouldn't have even went there. You probably wanna clarify that or something before someone (mainly a moderator) gets on you about racial comments, which it was no matter how you think about it.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:07 AM
Paola
Ronin

wrathofachilles: I really hope you didn't mean it in a racist way...

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:28 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes he did. how else could it have been taken?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:34 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

No matter how he meant it, it's a racial comment nonetheless. I suggest that in the future you think about the comments you're about to make before you actually say it out loud wrath.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:30 AM
wrathofachilles

Oh shut up. It's called a joke, if I meant to be a racist, I would have said I was such. I don't play games, I state what I feel like. Jesus this is the problem with politically correct people, you think with your 'hearts' rather than your heads.

Godzilla is from Asia. AsianHulk is from Asia. The MOVIES are the ones stereotyping Asians running from the monster, not me. That's the way it is, if someone said I knew Babe Ruth being from American, I sure as hell wouldn't fly off the handle. Besides, the only one who has a right to have a problem with it is him. If he says he's offended, I'll say 'sorry.' Nobody else has an opinion in the matter. Get over yourselves.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 03:32 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

it doesnt matter how strong hulk is or can get. we're talking about 100 feet of fortifed lizard muscle here. one lash of his prehinsile tail would send hulk flying, and if he came back for more, its dragon breath time! goszilla is a part of the marvel universe(at least for a time anyway), and he's also Cl100

check this out .http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/godzilla.htm

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 05:00 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

alright now as much as i would like to see you guys rip each other to shreds i have here (holds up a paiece of paper) a fight between the two green titans that wev are currently talking about the writer is not me but its a guy that has a hell of a lot more balls then you do for actually writign it now enjoy

(be warned it is kinda long)

The Incredible Hulk versus Godzilla

The Fighters:
In one corner we have a half ton of hostility, the embodiment of a mentally unbalanced scientist's rage and the most powerful man-like creature to ever walk the face of the Earth. He was given the moniker of the Incredible Hulk by one hapless soldier who witnessed his earliest appearance, and the name has stuck. In the other corner we have a 400-foot tall monster, awakened after centuries of sleep by nuclear testing to wreak havoc on Japan. Its name is Godzilla.
These two mammoth monsters will be facing off against each other for the title of the most powerful green skinned being ever (yeah, I hear some of you comic nuts talking about Martian Manhunter, but he sucks). To initiate the battle, we kidnapped Bruce Banner and dropped him off in Tokyo. This inevitably pissed him off, and it was then easy to lure Godzilla out of hiding, furious that someone besides him was trashing Tokyo. So now...LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Round One:
The round starts off well for the green goliath...um, the Hulk. Godzilla's enormous size is nothing to the Hulk's massive strength, and the man monster tosses the mythical giant by a toenail, leaping up and smashing him to the ground. He catches Godzilla's tail, and spins him round and round, tossing him so fast that Godzilla leaves Tokyo, flies across the circumference of the planet, and lands back in Tokyo, dazed. Sure, it's impossible. But...

IT'S COMIC BOOK PHYSICS, PEOPLE!!! Where else do people get cured of bullet wounds by radiation. Comic book physics rule, and pseudoscience is perfectly allowable on this web page, just as it always has been. Round One goes to the Incredible Hulk.

Round Two:
Reeling from his butt kicking in the first round, the 400 feet of fiery vengeance that is Godzilla stands up, not the least bit happy with what he sees. The green skinned gnat has just given him a bigger whupping than any rubber-suited freak has ever done, and Godzilla is about to make him pay. As the man in the rubber suit, I mean, Godzilla smashes through a bunch of poorly disguised cardboard boxes, um, buildings and skyscrapers, to the bodybuilder in green body paint, um, I mean the Hulk...oh screw it all. Round Two ends up a draw because I just can't get these cheap special effects off my mind.

Round Three:
Okay now, I've had a nice little break from the computer and I can focus now. Amid the screams and cries of Tokyo-ans [!?] (what exactly do you call residents of Tokyo?), Godzilla stomps toward his foe. The Hulk is the epidomy of green-skinned coolness, and stands his ground, ready for the confrontation. Suddenly, Godzilla fires a blast of his radioactive breath (not the crappy superheated air trash found in the pathetic American big lizard movie) at the Hulk, turning everything withing half a mile of the area to molten slag. There's an eerie calm (well, no, there's actually about a million Japanese bystanders running and screaming, but wouldn't an eerie calm be ever so much cooler? If you're like me and wish to see better scripting and production in the next fight, simply send all of your money to the University of Vermont, care of Charlie Martin, and I promise that I will consider hiring a staff), and when the smoke clears...the Hulk is still standing.

Yes, even though the radioactive blast had the force of a megaton nuclear bomb, the Hulk stands apparently unphased. Yes, it's one of those many inconsistancies that spring up in comic books; a few fights ago, the Hulk couldn't stay three rounds against Darth Vader, now he's nigh invulnerable...how did he even come back from the dead after his last battle? Well, let's just say that, um, he has an amazing healing factor and can regenerate from near nothingness?

On second thought, let's just say, "Because I said so" and leave it at that.

Okay, back to the fight.

Godzilla's rage is starting to give way to worry, as his attacks seem to have no effect on the Hulk. The Hulk, on the other hand, is only getting angrier. The Hulk hurls Godzilla around and pounds on him some more, then tosses him into the Pacific, trying to drown him.

Ah, poor Hulk. He's making the same mistake that the writers of the King Kong/Godzilla battle made in assuming that you can drown the great beast. For god's sake, he's lived underwater for hundreds of years! (Heh...me bitching about inconsistant writing). The battle lasts for hours, with the Hulk's strength being tested by Godzilla's grace in his home environment. Eventually the Hulk has to come up for air, and Godzilla swallows him whole. Round Three and the match go to Godzilla.

If anyone looked at the poll, the voters apparently want the Hulk to win. But come on people, there's no way I'm letting the Hulk to...wait a minute...

Round Four:
Godzilla, satisfied with his meal, begins heading back to his ocean lair. Suddenly, his gut bursts open as the Incredible Hulk rips free of the monster's belly. Furious at the burning of the beast's stomach acids, the Hulk strangles Godzilla with the monster's own massive intestines. The match actually goes to the Hulk. Yeah there's not supposed to be a fourth round, but does anyone think I'm stupid enough to tell that to the Hulk?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 05:39 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

you do realize that the hulk is only about the size of one of godzilla's fingers.... and his smaller intestines would be even larger than that.... poorly written match...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 07:52 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Ok, my turn.

Round 1: Godzilla reduces Hulk to bones with his atomic breath.

Round 2: Godzilla leaves.

The end.

That's about as likely a match-up as yours...or whomever's it belongs to rather.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 04:51 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

quote:
Oh shut up. It's called a joke, if I meant to be a racist, I would have said I was such. I don't play games, I state what I feel like. Jesus this is the problem with politically correct people, you think with your 'hearts' rather than your heads.

Godzilla is from Asia. AsianHulk is from Asia. The MOVIES are the ones stereotyping Asians running from the monster, not me. That's the way it is, if someone said I knew Babe Ruth being from American, I sure as hell wouldn't fly off the handle. Besides, the only one who has a right to have a problem with it is him. If he says he's offended, I'll say 'sorry.' Nobody else has an opinion in the matter. Get over yourselves.

Well, for one, it wasn't really that funny a joke (seriously, you're probably the only one that laughed at it), and two not everyone thinks like you do. It wasn't meant as a "racist" comment, I know that, most of us do, but the comment was still racial nonetheless, whether you want to admit it or not (you're lucky Paola didn't say much else about it either, if you even care). I'm sure you're smart enough to know what a single comment can do to people. I wouldn't have flipped either if you said something about me knowing King Kong since he's from Africa, I could care less about most racial comments, but, it still doesn't make it right whether I have a problem with it or not. I say what I feel too, but I know what not to say though. And also, you have some nerve saying that people on here don't have the right to have a problem with something. Whether Asian Hulk has a problem with it or not that's up to him, but you have no right to say that a single person should be the only one to have a problem with something, that's not how thing work, so you probably should get over yourself before saying things like that. I guess I'll try to make this clear; I don't have a problem with the comment, I'm not worried about it, but I do have a problem with your attitude towards it , not even on the whole political correctness part of it or whatever. All I can ask of you, if you paid attention to or even care about anything I typed down, is to actually think about what you say before you say it, because if you make some kind of comment, chances are you'll offend someone if not a group, whether you think they have the right to be offended by it or not. I know you think of it as just the net, whihc it is, but you gotta remember that the net is full of actually people regardless. I know (or hope, for your sake, cause most places it would get u hurt, believe me) that you wouldn't say anything like that outside of the net, it's not really that much different here. That's just how I see it though.

Oh yeah, f.y.i., Asian Hulk's not the only asian on hear either, Frostbyth (or however he spells it) could have a problem with it too (or not). Those are just things you need to consider. If you care that is. If you don't, then I'm sorry I wasted your time (and mine) by typing this all out.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 09:36 AM
Solidarsenal
Restricted

Account Restricted

Godzilla loves a good fight but I'm afraid Hulk wouldn't give him one it would be like fighting a really strong mouse. Plus if godzilla got tired of playing it's atomic breath time!

Last edited by Solidarsenal on Oct 14th, 2004 at 10:29 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 10:25 AM
Solidarsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Solidarsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Solidarsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote