KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Godzilla vs Hulk

This poll is closed.
Godzilla 7 43.75%
Hulk 9 56.25%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Godzilla vs Hulk
Started by: Mane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solidarsenal
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was deep tron

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 10:30 AM
Solidarsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Solidarsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Solidarsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

That is how things work. People in this time, especially in America, seem to think they have the right to take it upon themselves to 'defend' the helpless. The fact is, nobody here is helpless. The comment was not racist, period. One person gets to decide that: me. Why? Because it was MY comment. Thus I decide its nature. Secondly, someone not affected by the comment has no justified say in its effect. You can have an opinion, but you cannot state the intention of the comment and how it should be received. That's just common sense. You have the right to not like the comment, sure, but you don't have the right to be offended by it. There's a major difference between 'that comment was rather stupid' and 'oh my god, that comment upsets me, I am greatly offended.' If you're offended, it's YOUR problem. That's something you have to deal with in your own time, not mine. You say you don't have a problem with it, then fine, don't represent AsianHulk. Are you a lawyer? If so, then I guess it's obvious why you are doing so, otherwise it is not. If another Asian person is offended, let them speak and I shall react accordingly. Saying I don't 'think' before I post something is ridiculous, I guarantee you I think more than 90% of the people who post on this board. However, I do not have emotional understanding for such ridiculous concepts. I am not culturally sensitive. I am not a racist either. I am a 'I don't give a rat's ass' individual. There is a difference. It's not to say I think other races are beneath mine, it's to say I don't need to be 'sensitive' about it because if people choose to be offended by something so irrelevant rather than choosing to be upset over something concrete and important, that's their own issues. I get upset over stupid things too, everyone does; but I don't bring it here. And again, the comment was not racist in any way. That's my decision to make. Just so you know, I have nothing against the Asian race. If anything, I respect them above the other races. I am a historian, and while Oriental studies are not my field of specialty, I have great respect for their culture and civilization and for their survival and continuation for 5000 years. But if I want to make a Godzilla joke, I do. Nothing wrong with it. You must not have seen too many sitcoms, they make Godzilla/Asia jokes all the time.

Besides, I hate everyone equally. I do not discriminate.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 05:00 PM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidarsenal
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

teehee ditto

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 06:57 PM
Solidarsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Solidarsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Solidarsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

can we just keep to the topic? Keep those kinda posts in your PMs or emails to each other...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 12:04 AM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidarsenal
Restricted

Account Restricted

BTW in the japanese version of king kong vs godzilla, its still the same except we hear godzilla's roar while kong is swimming away

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 01:32 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

quote:
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
That is how things work. People in this time, especially in America, seem to think they have the right to take it upon themselves to 'defend' the helpless. The fact is, nobody here is helpless. The comment was not racist, period. One person gets to decide that: me. Why? Because it was MY comment. Thus I decide its nature. Secondly, someone not affected by the comment has no justified say in its effect. You can have an opinion, but you cannot state the intention of the comment and how it should be received. That's just common sense. You have the right to not like the comment, sure, but you don't have the right to be offended by it. There's a major difference between 'that comment was rather stupid' and 'oh my god, that comment upsets me, I am greatly offended.' If you're offended, it's YOUR problem. That's something you have to deal with in your own time, not mine. You say you don't have a problem with it, then fine, don't represent AsianHulk. Are you a lawyer? If so, then I guess it's obvious why you are doing so, otherwise it is not. If another Asian person is offended, let them speak and I shall react accordingly. Saying I don't 'think' before I post something is ridiculous, I guarantee you I think more than 90% of the people who post on this board. However, I do not have emotional understanding for such ridiculous concepts. I am not culturally sensitive. I am not a racist either. I am a 'I don't give a rat's ass' individual. There is a difference. It's not to say I think other races are beneath mine, it's to say I don't need to be 'sensitive' about it because if people choose to be offended by something so irrelevant rather than choosing to be upset over something concrete and important, that's their own issues. I get upset over stupid things too, everyone does; but I don't bring it here. And again, the comment was not racist in any way. That's my decision to make. Just so you know, I have nothing against the Asian race. If anything, I respect them above the other races. I am a historian, and while Oriental studies are not my field of specialty, I have great respect for their culture and civilization and for their survival and continuation for 5000 years. But if I want to make a Godzilla joke, I do. Nothing wrong with it. You must not have seen too many sitcoms, they make Godzilla/Asia jokes all the time.

Look, I never said you were a racist, or that your comment was, I thought I made that clear. I simply said that such comments should be thought about before they're said, cause I know you didn't mean it as racist, which I also thought I made clear, but in a sense it's on that racial line. You may not see it that way, but it is. And I'm not coming to Asian Hulk's defense, I could give a damn about him, I'm making a general statement on the matter so I won't comment on the whole helpless thing. And no, I can't say how a general comment should be recieved, but in most cases I know how it can be, which is what I tryed to tell you, hopefully you understand what I'm saying. It's like most white people I knew at school. Most of them would be cool enough with the other black students, and think it's cool enough to say "wassup nigga" or something like that. Now I have no problem with it, cause I know they don't mean it in an offensive matter, but, that's not how people think. And I ususally try to tell them that I don't have a problem, but you might wanna think about what you say, cause people can and usually will take it the wrong way, and in their case, it would of got their ass kicked, if not worse. Now I'm not saying that's the case with you, but the principle's still the same nonetheless. Now the whole thinking more than most people on here thing, maybe you do or don't, I could care less, but I was mainly refering to that one comment. You're a "don't give a shit" individual, I respect that, but you gotta know when to think about certain things like that. It may be irrelevant to you, but as I said, not everyone thinks that way, it helps to take that into consideration sometimes. Yeah I'll admit, while I personally wasn't offended, I think the comment was a pretty stupid and pointless one, and not a very funny comment (not as in a bad thing to say not funny, I mean as in "Seinfeld" not funny). Okay, I can get that you don't have an emotional understanding for such things, which I understand, but I do, which is why I'm trying to see it from a certain point. I was gonna pm you with all this at first, but I figured you and everyone else (if not you at least them) would benefit from reading this, or at least have something to think about. Once again, I DO NOT think you're racist, and I have no problems with you whatsoever, and I'm not defending anyone, I'm just saying that such things do need to be considered, even if you find it ridiculous, just at least consider it.

And, I've seen plenty of sitcoms and skits, and most of their racial jokes were actually funny.wink

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 05:34 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

topic please

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 05:40 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

My apologies Paola, I just wanted to make a point, for wrath and everyone else, just something to think about. Now, back to the topicwink

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 07:01 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

And wrath, I never expect or want an apology, I could care less. I just want you to at least understand what I'm saying. That's all I ask.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 07:03 AM
wrathofachilles

Oh I understand what you're saying. Just don't agree. I took your original comment as an accusation of me being a racist. If that wasn't your agenda, then we don't have a problem.

Come on, I thought it was a fairly amusing, in the vein of a Seinfeld-ism funny though....oh well, can't win them all.

Topic!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 05:21 PM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

just stay on topic!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 07:03 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

argueing over the internest is like running in the special olimpics.....

even if you win you are still retarted

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 07:46 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidarsenal
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
even if you win you are still retarted

I agree wholeheartedly

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 07:49 PM
wrathofachilles

Lol, I think you mean 'retarded.' Well illustrated there, lol.

Sorry, but you left yourself wide open.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 03:10 AM
Paola
Ronin

there's something called "Private Messages" which you can use to argue about ANY subject you like

go use it!

CLOSED

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 05:52 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote