KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How come Moff Tarkin is higher on the food chain than Darth Vader?

How come Moff Tarkin is higher on the food chain than Darth Vader?
Started by: Mortanius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i believe its well implied that vader gave piette a battfield promotion. just pointing out the possibility that it was simply a de fact promotion since piette was left as the most senior officer.

Citation needed or are you trying to use the EU?

I do not disagree that he was probably the most senior leader in that mission. He turns out to be more competent and/or obedient that his predecessor, for sure.

So back to the original point since it seems both you and Sadako do not disagree with me on the original point....

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:19 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Citation needed or are you trying to use the EU?

sorry ddm. simple deductive reasoning is generally not considered EU

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on May 10th, 2013 at 01:23 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:21 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

sorry ddm. simple deductive reasoning is generally not considered EU

Then I'll take yours and Sadako's attempt to peddle "Battle Field Promotion" as canon as irrelevant.

But could you go back to my original point concerning this since we agree. Petty squabbling does no good for an adult discussion. I'm willing to let that old argument go: it doesn't matter since we agree.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:26 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then I'll take yours and Sadako's attempt to peddle "Battle Field Promotion" as canon as irrelevant.

take it how you wish. you'd be clearly in the wrong though.
battlefield promotion is common and universal military practice.

But could you go back to my original point concerning this since we agree. Petty squabbling does no good for an adult discussion. I'm willing to let that old argument go: it doesn't matter since we agree.

agree on what exactly? you realise you'll never win this thread, right? if it makes you feel better: nobody will. ever. you should let that sink in before you get reprimanded again.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Last edited by focus4chumps on May 10th, 2013 at 01:33 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:31 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

[B]Then I'll take yours and Sadako's attempt to peddle "Battle Field Promotion" as canon as irrelevant.

Then you truly are behaving like the energizer bunny of fail.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

take it how you wish. you'd be clearly in the wrong though.
battlefield promotion is common and universal military practice.

Citation needed...

agree on what exactly? you realise you'll never win this thread, right? if it makes you feel better: nobody will. ever. you should let that sink in before you get reprimanded again.

"Win"? This is about "winning" something to you?

I thought you said it was about this:

quote:
this is called a "debate". its what people do when there is no objective fact answering and closing the topic. in this case, people present plausible explanations and compare/contrast.

As you already know, I wanted to revisit that old point again since we seem to agree on the extension of that point.

Since we agree, there's no need to discuss that further and your off-topic baiting regarding this will be ignored on this end. If you want to actually have a productive and fulfilling discussion, by all means, let's go back to my old point on this.

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Then you truly are behaving like the energizer bunny of fail.

This post contains no on-topic substance and just amounts to chest-thumping. Do you want to discuss something on topic or do you want to see who can sling the most clever insults? If the latter, I'm out.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:38 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats another thing. countering your point or pointing out a hole in your reasoning is not "baiting" its DEbating. ffs man.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:41 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

This post contains no on-topic substance and just amounts to chest-thumping. Do you want to discuss something on topic or do you want to see who can sling the most clever insults? If the latter, I'm out.

Nope you're wrong again.

It was commentary on your willful ignorance regards to the battlefield promotion issue.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

*sigh* i get it

the words "battlefield promotion" have to have been spoken in the script or its inadmissable. and dont give him any of that "universal military practice" or "simple deductive reasoning" nonesense. since darth vader did not say "as per my right to issue battlefield promotion, you are now promoted to admiral, piette", the point is moot and ddm wins.

also since vader did not say the words "you are in command now, but not in command of the whole empire, admiral piette", vader actually promoted piette over himself and even the emporer.

Last edited by focus4chumps on May 10th, 2013 at 01:51 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:48 AM
dadudemon

Nope you're wrong again.

It was commentary on your willful ignorance regards to the battlefield promotion issue.

thats another thing. countering your point or pointing out a hole in your reasoning is not "baiting" its DEbating. ffs man.

I invited both of you to discuss stuff, on topic. Obviously, neither of you are interested in doing so. You're just posting chest thumping replies and trying to make what you think are clever insults.

See you later. smile

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:50 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Okay man, you attempted to insult me earlier calling a perfectly logical post as "drivel", and now you play victim. So whatever. Have fun.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 01:59 AM
dadudemon

Oh, hello. :)

Okay man, you attempted to insult me earlier calling a perfectly logical post as "drivel", and now you play victim. So whatever. Have fun.

Calling a post "drivel" is not the same thing as insulting others which is what you are doing.

Just because Ushgarak is considerably bias against me does not mean what I am saying is wrong.

All replied to your drivel posts will be here.

lol...you were genuinely insulted that I called your post 'drivel'.

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 10th, 2013 at 06:53 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2013 02:20 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Oh, hello. :)

Just because Ushgarak is considerably bias against me does not mean what I am saying is wrong.

i guess even the moderation team is not immune to your unsubstantiated accusations.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 02:37 AM
dadudemon

Re: Re: Oh, hello. :)

i guess even the moderation team is not immune to your unsubstantiated accusations.

His own words, in public: I am on the last straw with him and I get no leeway. That's viewable by everyone. It is no secret that if I piss him off one more time, I will be perma-banned. Just ask him. Whether or not I view that as fair is irrelevant and how he treats other members' posts relative to my own posts is also irrelevant: there is a clear bias against me because of things that happened in the past and that is my own fault. I don't get second chances like supposed new members do.

But, I will reply to all other off-topic comments via PM.

Edit - I used your real name out of habit, Focus. I was trying to do work and reply at the same time. I'll ask the mods to edit my post. I know we have had our differences in the past but I wouldn't do that on purpose unless you were okay with it. I sincerely apologize for that.

Last edited by dadudemon on May 10th, 2013 at 02:45 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2013 02:42 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Re: Oh, hello. :)

Calling a post "drivel" is not the same thing as insulting others which is what you and Paul are doing.

All replied to your drivel posts will be here.

lol...you were genuinely insulted that I called your post 'drivel'.

It was an attempt at an insult, and also...especially as the post you refered to was not drivel in the slightest, merely one you chose to disagree with.

"All replied to your drivel posts will be here."? Wow rage grammar showcase..?

I suggest calming down. Ush seems to have been very reasonable.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 02:44 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Oh, hello. :)

His own words, in public: I am on the last straw with him and I get no leeway. That's viewable by everyone. It is no secret that if I piss him off one more time, I will be perma-banned. Just ask him. Whether or not I view that as fair is irrelevant and how he treats other members' posts relative to my own posts is also irrelevant: there is a clear bias against me because of things that happened in the past and that is my own fault. I don't get second chances like supposed new members do.

But, I will reply to all other off-topic comments via PM.

Edit - I used your real name out of habit, Focus. I was trying to do work and reply at the same time. I'll ask the mods to edit my post. I know we have had our differences in the past but I wouldn't do that on purpose unless you were okay with it. I sincerely apologize for that.

why do you think you know my name? i never mentioned it anywhere on this forum. why is this even being discussed? wtf are you on about?

this is becoming very awkward and uncomfortable.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 02:48 AM
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh, hello. :)

why do you think you know my name? i never mentioned it anywhere on this forum. why is this even being discussed? wtf are you on about?

this is becoming very awkward and uncomfortable.

Again, apologies. I reported that post and asked for that reference it to be removed. Even if that is not your name, I should not have used it. It was only out of habit because you and I talk in instant message all the time. It was wrong of me to do so even if it was unintentional. Let's move on, back on topic: I derailed the thread enough with you guys. I only responded to your post publicly instead if in PM because it comes off as douchy for me to use your real name. I tried to go back and edit the post but I was past the mark by less than a minute. sad

Last edited by dadudemon on May 10th, 2013 at 02:59 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2013 02:52 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh, hello. :)

Again, apologies. I reported that post and asked for that reference it to be removed. Even if that is not your name, I should not have used it. It was only out of habit because you and I talk in instant message all the time. It was wrong of me to do so even if it was unintentional. Let's move on, back on topic: I derailed the thread enough with you guys. I only responded to your post publicly instead if in PM because it comes off as douchy for me to use your real name. I tried to go back and edit the post but I was past the market by less than a minute. sad

but...you....i....omg this has gotten creepy. if you need a name, call me charlie. its not really my name but this means way too much to you, so call me charlie. can we please move on?

Old Post May 10th, 2013 02:55 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

And as Ive told you before, DDM, you can stay out of my PM box, thank you. Im not interested.

Old Post May 10th, 2013 02:58 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

And as Ive told you before, DDM, you can stay out of my PM box, thank you. Im not interested.

Kinky

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 10th, 2013 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote