KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ]Silver Surfer VS God-like Cable[

who'd own this one?
This poll is closed.
Nathan Christopher Charles Summers 11 39.29%
Norrin Radd 17 60.71%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

]Silver Surfer VS God-like Cable[
Started by: HarmoNiC FLo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 16 17 [18]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Loot

SS was the 1st herald of galactus.

"Both SS and Nate were tearing apart and reconstructing things as they were fighting"

now this makes much more sense, someone said that only cable was reconstructing things, it didnīt made sense to me surfer cares about all life.

got to read the issue, i have to see if it is already available around here.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 04:24 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
picoico

Wynndar,

Firelord also broke SS's board...but that was such a crappy issue of SS (it was the final issue, in fact) I suppose a lot of people blocked it out :-)

I guess the point wasn't that Cable was the *first* person to do it, but he certainly considered it a feat to boast about...and rightly so...Cable was quite formidable...

Again, the only problem I had with the story is that it seemed to end rather quickly...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 06:57 PM
picoico is currently offline Click here to Send picoico a Private Message Find more posts by picoico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

In tha very last page, Irene Merryweather explains that daedpool used a device that used cable's teleportation matrix to surgically remove the portions of his brain responsible for controlling his higher telekinetic and telepathic abilities. so i'm not mistaken, he doesn't have that much [if any] powers left.

Also, since his bionic arm is gone, in tha next issue they are going to look for someone to fix it. its gona be touch since its from 3000 years in tha future. tha person chosen to fix his bionic arm is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Fixer.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:49 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

His arm looks pretty cool.

Attachment: cabdpl.jpg
This has been downloaded 123 time(s).

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 09:13 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Screw the arm, it's Agent X! God I hope Taskmaster is in that issue.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 09:20 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

AGENT X!!!! :: Goes into a seizure, due to the unbelievably high level of happiness he is in ::

This forum sucks.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 12:50 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Can't believe no one thinks tha arm looks cool.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 03:35 AM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Cable and Silver Surfer's fight was entirely one sided. While Norrin was on the offensive it seemed most of the fight Cable was on the defensive. And even when he displayed a measure of ability to repel the Surfer he did in such a way that wouldn't obviously wound him. Cable even EASILY linked his mind to Radd's who displayed no ability to expel or resist him. With a single forceful thought Cable could have EASILY ravaged him with the immense telepathic powers he displayed. They were enough to crush Radd's board and I would assume they'd be enough to do some damage to Radd himself. And it also seemed that Cable expected this. Even in his interview he mentioned the possibility of someone coming for him that could possibly aid in burning his immense powers out. No. He didn't expect it would be Surfer himself...but he did expect it. I originally voted for Silver Surfer knowing that full well they'd have Cable be defeated but the more I read this issue the more I believe Cable had the ABILITY and power to defeat him. He just didn't use it.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:41 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
picoico

Nathaniel Grey,

I don't know what to make of the mind link...it could be argued surfer simply didn't resist...there was no signs of a "forced" entry into his mind. But Cable clearly didn't want to fight...surfer was there to shut down Cable (not kill him...just knock him out).

I think Cable knew this from his mind link, so this fight was probably not all-out both ways. Also, smashing Surfer's board is no biggie...Firelord did it...and no way he could take out Surfer.

Anyhow, I got the impression that Cable didn't anticipate Surfer being the one to burn out his powers. In fact, Cable was acting like Surfer was ruining his plans (which is why he lashed out against him). Cable wanted the Earth heroes and governments to unite against him...a single foe did not fit into his plans at all since it meant that there would be no unity on the part of the people of earth. That's why in the end, he opened his heart up to everyone to let them know he was sincere - in a kind of last ditch effort to teach humans to get together. Very nice ending, imho.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:56 AM
picoico is currently offline Click here to Send picoico a Private Message Find more posts by picoico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

quote:
Originally posted by picoico
Nathaniel Grey,

I don't know what to make of the mind link...it could be argued surfer simply didn't resist...there was no signs of a "forced" entry into his mind. But Cable clearly didn't want to fight...surfer was there to shut down Cable (not kill him...just knock him out).

I think Cable knew this from his mind link, so this fight was probably not all-out both ways. Also, smashing Surfer's board is no biggie...Firelord did it...and no way he could take out Surfer.

Agreed. There were no definitive signs of forced entry into Norrin's mind. But looking at Surfer's past involvements there are few who can merely take the liberty to " link " to his thoughts as Cable did. It seemed to me that Nathan in a way did force his way into Radd's mind, based on a degree of conjecture. It's not like Surfer leaves himself open like a book especially against an apparent threat like Cable. And since he did consider Nathan's views as a threat I would assume he'd shield himself in some fashion. But like you stated...neither was truly out to destroy one another.

No biggie? The source of Firelord's power is the same as Silver Surfer's so that's no big surprise that he was able to destroy it. They were BOTH heralds to Galactus. They both wield COSMIC powers. But Cable wields powers based on his OWN genetic structure. He wasn't granted his abilities by a high power. There's a VERY short list of people who can break Surfer's board and most of them are on a cosmic scale or higher. For Cable to do such would imply that his powers are close enough to those of the Surfers for him to do that. I think it IS a big deal considering that he's the only earth based being I know that HAS broken Surfer's board.

Not to mention the fact as they fought BOTH of them were destroying and RECONSTRUCTING everything around them. I doubt Thor or anyone else based on earth could do such a feat when fighting the Silver Surfer. Obviously Cable's powers were very formidable and he did posses enough power to take on Norrin. If they wanted to I'm sure each of them would have done more damage to one another than they did.

quote:
Anyhow, I got the impression that Cable didn't anticipate Surfer being the one to burn out his powers. In fact, Cable was acting like Surfer was ruining his plans (which is why he lashed out against him). Cable wanted the Earth heroes and governments to unite against him...a single foe did not fit into his plans at all since it meant that there would be no unity on the part of the people of earth. That's why in the end, he opened his heart up to everyone to let them know he was sincere - in a kind of last ditch effort to teach humans to get together. Very nice ending, imho.

I stated that. While he didn't anticipate the SURFER himself to come and do this he did anticipate the possibility of a being of great power to. Read the Interview of Irene Merryweather and Cable. That interview took place WELL before the Silver Surfer came. I think Cable knew that the possibility was there and he was in a way prepared for it. Why else would he have had Deadpool construct that device which lobotomized him? Apparently it wasn't needed to keep Providence afloat. Something tells me that Cable knew there was a possibility that his plans could be ruined. Why else would he state the possibility of a foe with great power being able to burn him out? Everything was calculated and though his original plan didn't come to fruition as he expected...Plan B did.

Btw. I also got the impression that Silver Surfer was attempting to " save " Cable's life. Why else would he interfere with a plan that would bring humanity together? I don't really see any reason why Radd would involve himself and not destroy Cable if he was trying to stop a villain. The fight was all right but it was APPARENTLY made to take away Cable's powers and bring him back to the Gun toting bad-ass I know and love.

Last edited by Nathaniel Grey on Jan 10th, 2005 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 05:28 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

hey! ! lol clue me in on cables new powers...im outta the newer xmen loop!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 05:41 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Yeah and btw if you guys didn't f'ucking see..he gets a NEW ARM! and damn it looks tyte does it not?

I will just say that Cable had tha power to do more damage to surfer than he did...so he could have killed surfer any time. surfer could have also done tha same. in a real battle if they were both trying to kill each other...we wouldn't know who'd win, it would just be based on whoever is quicker to kill tha other.

As for Cables future...Nathaniel i agree that he will end up being that same gun totting old cable we all knew for so long. this god-like cable was not in his character...this was why X-Man was created. hope they bring him back with this new AoA thing in march. really do.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 10:30 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Yeah. His arm does look interesting. I just hope it's not a BIG change from his original techno-organic arm. X-Man in AoA '05? I HOPE. I sincerely HOPE he is. Apparently the title is merging with Exiles and I think X-Man would be a GREAT addition to them.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 01:08 PM
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

I dont care as long as he's in a new comic.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:27 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

We'll see soon enough.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:45 PM
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

and we did and i'm disappointed

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:42 AM
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

can anybody post a scan of this "Board-breaking", if you dont mind

grateful,
point

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:54 AM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote