KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Villain For Spider-Man 3?

Villain For Spider-Man 3?
Started by: Mookermadness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (297): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVapor
Hero

quote:
Originally posted by i like eggs
its not going 2 b the hobgoblin or green goblin, sam rami even said so. he said that the movie was gonna have 2 villains. better be venom & carnage beer

I dont think hobgoblin and green goblin are good villians. one goblin movie is enough for me. as fo having venom and carnage as the two villians. no. why.
1.we haven't seen Eddie in any of the movies so far[although being mentioned in spiderman 1] so he has to be introduced develop his character and all that.
2.Kletus Kassidy is the same thing. he has to be introduced and also has to have character development
3.The symbiote bonded with Peter first and then attached to Brock.
4.Brock turns into venom and goes after spidey.
5.Now if carnage is to be in there too spidey and venom fight once venom loses and turns into Brock. Then goes to jail meets Kletus an then the two have to break out. Then a new symbiote spawns off of venom and attaches to Kletus.
6.Then[and this is a possibility] Venom ends up fighting carnage and loses. Then the third and final battle spidey and venom fight carnage and win.
7.plus add existing character development[Harry, Mary jane, Peter, Aunt May]

In my opinion trying to have venom in a movie alone seems to work out just fine with the exception that Brock is introduced and his character develops poorly. But adding carnage is **** near impossible unless the movie was 3+ hours which i wouldn't see and secondly isn't going to happen. So IMO carnage definetly not. Venom is a big possibility depending on how the story goes but my picks are Lizard and scorpion[possiblity] so thats my opinion on things cool

Last edited by TheVapor on Dec 23rd, 2004 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 10:27 PM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poncho73
Mean Green

OK people. I was routed here from another post (for whatever reason) by someone trying to prove that the villains had been chosen for part 3 already. I haven't seen anything to prove this. I have seen the word "rumor" so many times, that I am ready to scream, but no proof. Proof?: yes, proof. A link to an interview with those in charge. An article from the actors themselves, anything would be proof.

I moved away from comics when the price of one title cost the same as a happy meal, but it seems to be the consensus that Venom be the next villain. After reading this entire thread, I will say that I don't think that people are thinking it thru. To bring Venom to life, you would have to either find the biggest, most musclebound guy to play him, or its over to CGI. We have a little to much of that going on now as it is.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 03:46 AM
poncho73 is currently offline Click here to Send poncho73 a Private Message Find more posts by poncho73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukester
The Fallen Angel

The villains in SPIDER-MAN 3 are:

1. Harry Osborn as THE GREEN GOBLIN

2. Curt Connors as THE LIZARD.

They might (and probably not) deside to introduce an Eddie Brock cameo, leaving it open for Venom in the next film, but it doesn't look like that's gunna happen at the moment.

There is nothing else to disscuss here. This link may as well be closed.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 12:10 PM
lukester is currently offline Click here to Send lukester a Private Message Find more posts by lukester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

green goblin Harry duh.
he may have a partner but it's obvious just watch spider-man2

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 01:39 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Venom or Scorpion would be cool with me.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 06:00 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'D hope it wasn't Harry but I think it is I mean the end of 2 looks pretty obvious. If it wasn't I would be happy.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 06:07 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rayfk4

what about harry tweaks the suit and becomes the hob goblin, and partners up with the lizard

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 01:29 AM
Rayfk4 is currently offline Click here to Send Rayfk4 a Private Message Find more posts by Rayfk4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

I'm hoping that spidey 3 doesnt have green goblin in it. There are plenty of villians out there to be picked [scorpion, shocker, Rhino, electro, Mysterio just to name a few] and how original would it be to have ANOTHER goblin in the series. If they choose to have a goblin in sp3 im hoping it's Hob Goblin [harry changes the suit and stuff]. also theres the fact that pete is his friend and when he heard his fathers voice inside his saying "Avenge Me" he says No really loud and throws something at the mirror he saw his father in. but who knows?

anyway the villians i think should be in the movie are Lizard definetly and Manwolf. IMO i think it would be interesting having those two in the movie. also i think it would be interesting [and this sounds kinda stupid] if when spidey was fighting the lizard and was getting his *** kicked and it was on the news and harry saw it and decided to help peter out. and so he puts on the goblin outfit and gets the glider, fills up his arsenal and goes to help pete. IMO i think it would be interesting. you might think it would ruin the movie. who knowsit could be the other way around and Harry helps the Lizard. cool

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 02:15 PM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

green goblin Harry duh.
he may have a partner but it's obvious just watch spider-man2

.......................................................................................................
no thats not true, read some interviews from sam rami

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 01:26 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Just because they showed it at the end doesn't mean that he'll be GG in it. Time does lapse, remember that. He could wait a while before he does that, who knows. They showed Jameson, and he didn't turn into Man-Wolf immediately right? lol.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 02:54 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

What would be interesting is if they could get four villains into spidey 3.
This is how I think it could work:
>It's been two years since we left Peter and He and MJ are planning to get married, and harry is getting closer and closer to following in his fathers foot steps. He has been drinking a lot and other stuff.
>One night as Spiderman is patroling the city he sees his college professor driving in his car and slightly behind him is a car chase. Spidey lands on the car with thugs and try to stop them but they ram right on into the side of Dr. Conners car. In the process of crashing his car and getting thrown out the side he loses half his arm. Spidey rushes him to the hospital to be treated.
>Next day pete goes to the Daily Bugle and finds out from his boss that his son will be going to the moon the next day. We also meet eddie brock and learn some about him.
>When his college Prof. tells peter that he has a plan to grow his arm back pete volunteers to help. together they start working on a serum to inject into him regrowing his arm. the serum containing regenerating lizard cells.
>Also Pete visits his aunt may where she is now living and finds out she is doing a little better than before. One night Harry loses it and decides to become the second green goblin. but he would need an ally. looking through news channels and newspaper headlines learns of a burgular caught and thrown in jail called Herman Shultz who he learned was great with tools. he brakes out Shultz and together create his vibroshock units and uniform.
>Next thing that happens is we see John Jameson on the moon. He finds a wierd goo substance and keeps it in his study box. he also finds a ruby.
>Next John comes back to earth and gives a speach about his trip to a group of people outside. But it is a full moon and soon the ruby turns him into manwolf. Eddie who is there to take pictures is overjoyed to get some good pictures. Pete who was also there with MJ turns into spidey and fights manwolf. After about a ten minute or less battle Spidey overtakes man wolf.
>a couple days later Green Goblin 2 and Shocker attack a bank to lure
spiderman. it works and the three fight. Spidey cant seem to get near shocke and GG2 attacks him full force.he is able to attack shocker from a distance and soon takes him down and soon forces both of them into retreat.
>Dr. Conners uses the serum he's made and slowly he transforms into the lizard. GG2 and Shocker attack again and are able to weaken spidey and are about to destroy him when the lizard shows up and attacks the two of them and easily crushes Shocker. He then fights GG2 and the glider and the armor take heavy damage. When Harry is close to death Spidey saves him and takes him to harry's house. Then spidey leaves and heads back to the lizard.
<Meanwhile the goo wich was really a sybiote breaks free and intercepts spiderman and attaches to him. then he and lizard resume their battle. Eddie is taking pictures but the camera i destroyed by lizard. In the end spidey wins over lizard as lizard i killed.
<To wrap it up JJJ says he'll pay spiderman back for the injury of his son, Spidey loses the symbiote and at the very end Pete and MJ get married. but the whole movie ends with a scene of Brock.

and that's it. basically a set up that if there ever is a four [wich i'm not sure whether there will be or not. some sources say maybe, and others say no] which would have Venom, Carnage, and Scorpion, and maybe another villian. wink

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 04:05 AM
Rayfk4

they could also have harry make a whole different suit and become scorpion. the villians in S3 would be scorpion and lizard. if they do more S4 could be venom, S5 carnage and S6 venom could spawn of the other symbiotes in seperation anxiety so it would have all of them and carnage against spidey and venom. at the end they would all combine into hybird and get finished by spidey and venom

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 09:32 PM
Rayfk4 is currently offline Click here to Send Rayfk4 a Private Message Find more posts by Rayfk4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I still say the next would be best as Venom or if not him, then set up Venom for 4 and make 3 The Lizard with Shocker and/or Scorpion. If Venom for 3, then end it at 3 unless Raimi and the whole cast wants to continue. If Lizard with whomever for 3, then have Venom 4, Carnage vs Spider-Man and Venom for 5, and for the end of the series at #6, make it Smythe hiring all the other villains and have a huge free-for all against Spider-Man, Black Cat, Venom, etc.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 10:52 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rayfk4

if he ends at 3 he should have it be venom

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 02:06 AM
poncho73
Mean Green

OK, I will give ya'll this: you have very active imaginations. No sense of time, but very active imaginations.
Vapor, Doc Connors has already lost his arm.. rewatch S2 and notice when Connors is chastising Peter, that his sleeve is folded.
Ray, We have already said that another Goblin movie would be boring, so wouldn't a multiple Venom movie be the same? Also, Do you truly believe that they are going to make 6 movies?? Seriously, do you???
Finally, Fate, do you think that they have the time to introduce and develop 3 new characters?
Like I said, active imaginations, no sense of time. Lets say we get lucky, part 3 and a part 4. 4- 4 1/2 hours of story. No way to do hardly any of the things that ya'll came up with. Time is the enemy here people.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 03:43 AM
poncho73 is currently offline Click here to Send poncho73 a Private Message Find more posts by poncho73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

quote:
Originally posted by poncho73
Finally, Fate, do you think that they have the time to introduce and develop 3 new characters?

Shocker - Herman Shultz is a bad guy, he doesn't go under a transformation, done. No backstory needed, he's a hired goon.

Scorpion - Hired goon, goes under quick transformation, done, doesn't need much time at all, 5 minutes would do pretty much.

Lizard - already introduced, goes under a transformation. Granted he'd need the most out of the screen time, but think of it this way...

There is no Mary Jane love subplot going on now, he's got her. That was half the movie of the other 2 right there, so there is a lot of time to fill.

Venom-wise, half the movie to fill, plus the time you spend on normal villain coverage, you've got plenty of time.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:02 PM
NoFate007

Three issues took up time in Spider-Man 1:

1. Intro to Spider-Man's powers
2. Mary Jane love subplot
3. Development of Green Goblin

Three issues took up time in Spider-Man 2:
1. Spider-Man losing powers and abandoning the position
2. Mary Jane love subplot
3. Development of Doc Ock.

now, #3 is the time you spend on the villain. 1 and 2 don't exist anymore, so you have a lot more time to spend on this movie than in the first two. So take it this way, just for Venom for example.

1. Symbiote and suit powers
2. Spider-Man fighting other villains in the suit
3. Establishing Brock and Venom

Look at it that way, I definitely have a sense of time.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:03 PM
Spidey-fan44

I think it should go that way. Lizard I think is a garuntee. Hob Gob or GG2 is a maybe depending on if Harry wants to screw around with the suit or not. I could see the movie ending though with something about Jameson's son going to the moon again and atleast getting the goo to then form Venom. But I'm pretty sure that Tobey only signed a 3 movie contract and I think he even says that in one of the special features selections on the DVDs.

"The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout. Down came the Golbin and took the spider out!" -Green Goblin

Doc Ock: (grabs Spider Man in the bank) You're getting on my nerves.
Spider Man: I have a knack for that.
Doc Ock: Not anymore.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 04:19 PM
Spidey-fan44 is currently offline Click here to Send Spidey-fan44 a Private Message Find more posts by Spidey-fan44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

HULK, Batman, ninja turtles, wolverine or robo cop gone astray.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 02:10 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poncho73
Mean Green

Not bad Fate...but.... you knew I had a but coming...haha.... You are throwing in the towel. Now if you are able to come to the fact that they are probably not going to do a 4, 5.... then I think that you are ahead of the game. Your proposal makes perfect sense. It has, on average, been the SOP to tie up loose ends. If this is the case...(please let them do a better job than they did in the Matrix) this will be the end. So sense of time... im still on the fence. Sense of finality... YOU know your stuff!!!!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 03:43 AM