KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Does any1 here think that the 1st was way better than the other 2 ?

Does any1 here think that the 1st was way better than the other 2 ?
Started by: Goth_Girl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Korri

Jedi got it in one

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 04:14 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

how? please explain to me me how the second and third were better than the first?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 04:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

All three are equally awesome. For those of you who did not like the last two, you have to dig depper below the surface of the action and look at the philosophy behind the movie. If you want answers read Like a Splinter in your Mind: The Philosophy Behind the Matrix Trilogy by Matt Lawrence.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 07:42 PM
vader519 is currently offline Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

theres nothing wrong with the philosophy, its the acting, some of the script and direction i had problems with

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 08:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I can maybe agree with some of the acting was worse such as Niobe and some of the other secondary Zion fighters, but the script, philosophy and direction of the last two were just as good as the first.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 08:56 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

to be honest the only actor i thought came out of the sequels with any credibility was hugo weaving, he played smith so well, i loved the character, as for the others? there was little if no chemistry between reeves and moss, fishbourne was a spectator for reloaded and had only a little more in revolutions, niobe wasn't bad, she did what was asked of her and theres nothing wrong with that. In Reloaded and Revolutions the direction wasn't bad, it just seemed to be missing something.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 01:15 AM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

The 1st was much better than the only two. The 1st was original, then it just started getting boring, and eventually I didn't care who lived or died.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 02:53 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I did not think there was anything wrong with the acting...the directing, maybe, but thats because Joel Silver wouldn't get off his butt and do anything...(can i tell i don't like Joel silver much?)

anywho, I liked the last two because they did not follow what was expected. I liked having to understand what was what and why this happened. It broadened my horizens and made me a better person. I understand more about my world because i understand their world. If you put into the movie more than just the 9 hours to watch it, then you will appreciate them much more, and i liked the 2nd and 3rd movie so much, perhaps because i grew around them and had such a wonderful community to talk about them in (aka Killer Movies Forum).

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 11:13 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

jedi i agree with most of your point, there the kind of movies that have an effect on youm i was the same, i just don't believe a brilliant idea and philosophy can excuse bad filmaking.

btw the actors i didn't like were reeves and moss mostly, partly because they had no chemistry, but also i believe they were capable of better.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 11:45 PM
Korri

no expression die

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 07:20 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

why??

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 09:29 PM
Korri

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 10:45 AM
shaber
schizoid

Well I think that the latter two installments were a flop, not least through spending so much time in Zion and outside the Matrix.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 10:52 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

what would you know your evil no expression

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 10:53 AM
shaber
schizoid

I mean, Zion is difficult to sit through (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 10:57 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

no expression get a grip.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 02:18 PM
super pr*xy

zion was essential to revolutions. that's where the revolutions actually take place. to cut it out and assume they're at war is ridiculous. and the thought of agent smith being in the screen for two whole hours is just since he took over everybody's shell in the matrix, he'll be the only one there.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 09:55 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

zion is neccessary yes, but they made a mess of it, they really did.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 10:44 PM
super pr*xy

let's do a little imagining. let's say we shrunk those sentinels -- yes, all of them-- to the size of a lab rat. and then we unleash them in your house. "made a mess" is an understatement.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 12:30 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
I liked the last two because they did not follow what was expected

yeah, i expected the second two movies to be good, they sure went against the grain on that one

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 11:48 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote