KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Does any1 here think that the 1st was way better than the other 2 ?

Does any1 here think that the 1st was way better than the other 2 ?
Started by: Goth_Girl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shaber
schizoid

quote:
Originally posted by shouter_Sith
The first film was new- original, trod new ground. The sequels did not- but overcomplicated and certainly overexplained films.
It should have been less action in 2- with a progressive build up [ eliminating the 100 fight sequence with smith] culminating in a 3rd part full of action and an ending worthy of an epic. The cycle of destroying Zion is stopped and the machines are crushed. An ending with absolute finality was required after the massive build ups.
Consider Lucas not killing Vader in ROTJ, the emporer living on, but a truce was accepted and everyone lived happily ever after. How cheated would you have felt then? This is not much different.
My ending-
Neo enters the machine city, with Trinity helping [not dying] he uses all that skill and power to take on the core.Meanwhile the last great offensive is launched - where that moaning commander whose name escapes me organises massive lines of attack with the bots they have left , coupled with strategic placements of EMPs.
The life support systems are carefully sheilded as at a coordinated time all hell is let loose. As Neo wins his battle in the heart of the machine city- losing his life in the process, Zion destroys every last sentinel and the battle of all battles is won. None of this Smith thing again, that would be shortened to an intense kick ass fight where Neo canes him.
But it is concluded and no-one feels cheated.
For all we know when the wachowskis feel like making another buck- part 4 is landed on our lap- Matrix Recycled.

Quite right!

But according to one Star Wars spin-off, a truce was eventually made with the Empire - the difference was that there was no longer a Sith order.

Edited to add: I think the proper term is "Regurgitated," not Recycled stick out tongue

Last edited by shaber on Dec 14th, 2004 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 09:11 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

I like the first more because all of it made sense.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 10:19 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
Quite right!

But according to one Star Wars spin-off, a truce was eventually made with the Empire - the difference was that there was no longer a Sith order.

Edited to add: I think the proper term is "Regurgitated," not Recycled stick out tongue

i hate you no expression

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 03:26 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote