KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » "Simulacra and Simulation"

"Simulacra and Simulation"
Started by: Turbo-Cajun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Question "Simulacra and Simulation"

The Wachowski brothers who wrote the Matrix, writting was maybe not based on, but heavily influenced by "Simulacra and Simulation,"
by French postmodern sociologist Jean Baudrillard, who argues that contemporary Western society is a culture of facades, replicas, counterfeit and imitation. Has any of you read this book? I'm planning on do it eventually, but time is short now....was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about it. has anyone read any other good books about the matrix? Have you guys heard of this book?

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 08:31 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

yes we have, it has been discussed before. That is the book that Neo puts his money in...in the First movie.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 03:26 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Oh shit is it? have any of you acutally read it? sorry if its a duplicate thread, still kind of new here...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 08:12 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

I've read some...found the ebook some time ago (can't remember the site where I got it).

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 08:33 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

can't go wrong with amazon.com

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 10:50 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

interesting subject....on another note....The Wachowski Brothers made Keanu read this book before reading the script of Reloaded/Revolutions....to understand some of the underlying meanings

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 12:44 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Yeah i saw that in the newspaper a while ago, thats where i first heard about it, I guess i didnt know they put it in the movie....I was wanting to pick it up, just wondering if it was worth reading...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 02:41 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

There were three books the Wachowski brothers made Keanu read before reading the script to the Original matrix; all were concerning the metaphysical, similar to Baudrillards "Simulacra and Simulation". I have read most of it, not all, as it is a very heavy read and i have not had much time. Reading Baudrillard, however, helped me to understand some of the underlying themes of the Matrix, and was very helpful, so i would definitely recommend it.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 02:59 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i love those books! what can i say im hooked happy

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 03:46 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

cool, thanks guys

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 07:45 PM
Korri

lol

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 09:38 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr.Hell
Russian Neo #1

You can DL it here if you need...
lozhki.net/matr_philosophy.shtml
lozhki.net/simulacra_simulation.zip roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 07:33 PM
Dr.Hell is currently offline Click here to Send Dr.Hell a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Hell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

quote:
Originally posted by Turbo-Cajun
Yeah i saw that in the newspaper a while ago, thats where i first heard about it, I guess i didnt know they put it in the movie....I was wanting to pick it up, just wondering if it was worth reading...
raver very worth the read. It hit hard. raver

She doesn't quite chop your head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of you.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 12:00 AM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote