KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Chronicles of Narnia

who Likes The Chronicals Of Narnia?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9 81.82%
no 2 18.18%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chronicles of Narnia
Started by: JamalMagloire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

that may be. or they may be as true to the book as the old ones were.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 04:55 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chimaera
The Amazon

Well, I try to keep an open mind and have a little faith, but on the other hand, I don't hold my breath. I'm sure that it will be awesome but I will gurantee that someone will hate it, because that's always the case. It's a terrific story and you can make an incredible movie out of it, but there is a lot of potential for disaster.
I know, I'll go to see it, regardless, and just hope for the best. What else can you do?

~Chimaera~

You see this doublebladed lightsaber? You have exactly until it lights up to just shut up-Inspired by Tim Buckley
When you can't run you crawl and when you can't do that you find someone to carry you-Firefly

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 09:45 PM
Chimaera is currently offline Click here to Send Chimaera a Private Message Find more posts by Chimaera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

that's true. but then, the potential for disaster applies to any given movie. Hopefully Narnia won't flop

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 10:08 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JamalMagloire

It won't flop - people have been waiting a long time for a good adaptaion to be made. the set reports that I have been following are keeping my hopes up. the battle scene is going to be awesome!

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=144&dl=1538640

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:55 PM
JamalMagloire is currently offline Find more posts by JamalMagloire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

I hope it's not a disaster. I am really looking forward to this movie!

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 09:20 PM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

and Aslan! if they don't do a cool Aslan i'll kill them.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 05:28 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I am happy that they are making the movies which is supose to come out this December I belive.
next december,not this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Maikahyandowen
and Aslan! if they don't do a cool Aslan i'll kill them.
they are keeping aslan in mystery.I heard about the actors and voices of some of the other characters except aslan...I am keeping my fingers crossed he'll be great!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 06:42 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

Has anyone else noticed that the first few original movies' diologue is word-for-word from the books? I just thought that was interesting.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 03:48 PM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

i doubt they'll do that this time though. it was pretty cool that they did it in the old ones though. i really liked that.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 05:27 PM
JamalMagloire

Have yo guys been following any of the set reports? If you go on narniaweb.com they have all kinds of good information for you to understand what they are doing with this movie. I think most of you will change your tune after reading what is going on.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 09:55 PM
JamalMagloire is currently offline Find more posts by JamalMagloire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

well, i did know about narniaweb. just been forgetting to go there. embarrasment

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 10:23 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

I lifted this from that web site
quote:
Is this going to be a secularized Hollywood version or will C.S. Lewis’ Christian themes stay intact?
It’s no secret that C.S. Lewis was an outspoken Christian and his faith was woven throughout everything he wrote. Narnia is no exception and much of the stories are allegorical in nature. Will Hollywood have its way and strip out Lewis’ spiritual messages? Not so, promises Douglas Gresham, co-producer and stepson of Lewis himself. A committed Christian, Gresham has vowed not to “change the words of the master.” Indeed, Walden Media itself has a track record of family-friendly films so it seems that the film will be in good hands. Many are concerned that Disney's influence will water down the Christian themes which run through the Narnia stories, but it's important to remember that Walden Media is ultimately in charge of the film, not Disney.

now I'm truly excited about this movie!! big grin

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 09:56 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

I think the Screwtape letters are better than the Narnian chronicles.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 10:23 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

perhaps.

yes! Disney's not in charge!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 08:18 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
I think the Screwtape letters are better than the Narnian chronicles.
I do agree but his awesome writing style is still very evident in narnia and if they keep to it,it should be excellent

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 01:20 AM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Being serious, my brother was asked to be in 'The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.'
He's a model so he gets offers from time to time erm

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 04:44 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

He's 23 by the way, any characters in there around that age?
I read it two years ago so I forget. I remember when the children grew up in Narnia.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 04:47 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

i don't think there's really anyone that age, but i'm sure he could pull of being a 17 or 18 year old.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 05:43 PM
PandoraMomo
I have a secret...

They actually just put a display for it in the movie theater i work in. It seems really promising from what i hear....
I loved the whole Narnia series.. I really cannot wait for it to come out. Once I saw the display I was bouncing up and down...:hyper:

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 07:14 PM
PandoraMomo is currently offline Click here to Send PandoraMomo a Private Message Find more posts by PandoraMomo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

i haven't seen anything like that. must be going to the wrong theater......

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 01:16 AM