KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Phonetics font

Phonetics font
Started by: Storm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Phonetics font

Does anyone have a link to a phonetics font?

I performed a Google search but didn' t find anything useful so far.

I could use the Symbol option in Word but that would be very time-consuming considering the amount of words I have to convert.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 03:12 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i had it somewhere but don't remember.. confused

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 05:18 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:20 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

No, I' ve tried those already. The font can be installed but they don' t convert properly at all. They' re of no use for me.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:21 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:23 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Neither.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:24 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

I don't understand - here is the direct link to the TTF from the page: http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/wells/ip769292.TTF

Why doesn't that work?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:27 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I can' t install it. And even if I could, the process of converting looks the same like Symbol, too time-consuming messed

Make poverty history.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:31 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Heres a zip file. Extract this into a temp directory. Now go into Control Panel and open up fonts.

Now open the temp directory window, and click and drag the fonts to the Fonts window. They'll be installed.

From the website:
quote:
The most useful phonetic symbols are mapped onto the keys of the ordinary keyboard. For example, if you type shift-D you get ð, while shift-C gives you ç; instead of the figure 2 you get ø and instead of the @ symbol you get a schwa. In this way you can immediately access all the symbols you need for the phonemic or broad-phonetic transcription of English, French, German, Spanish and many other languages.

These key assignments are based on the SAM-PA recommendations.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 08:38 PM