KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Got a soul?

Do you believe that there is such thing as a soul?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 14 63.64%
No 6 27.27%
Not sure 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Got a soul?
Started by: HiddenPotential

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Naz
Super Senior Member

Re: Got a soul?

i beleive i have a soul smile

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:27 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Tpt> (Sound of me crashing backwards laughing)

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:32 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by HiddenPotential
People that have had near death experiences on hospital operating tables have been able to see things from an over hear view as they were looking down at their body.

I heard of cases like those. Hard to prove but it would be interesting to experience something like that. To look at your self from an outside view.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:39 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

That could very easily be a trick of the mind that goes on with some people when they have heavy trama going on.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It could be, but up to this point I've never experience something like that......as a matter of fact there are a lot of things I haven't experience yet.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:42 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There have also been claims that when people are asleep they seem themselves in the third person, hovering above. Most likely just a trick of hte mind.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I had those before. Those are nothing but dreams. But to be asleep and getting cut in a surgery might be something else. I'm sure anyone can record an operation and watch it later, but to actually have a surgery and watching yourself from the outside at the same time sounds interesting.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:49 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

glad you liked it TO

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:56 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
I heard of cases like those. Hard to prove but it would be interesting to experience something like that. To look at your self from an outside view.

There are drugs for that.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 10:00 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HiddenPotential

Yeahhhh anyways

Yes its not just a trick of the mind, once a lady knew there was a shoe on top of the hospital.

For you atheist/nihilist guys, always talking about that "deep down, inner voice" sounds like a soul to me. A built in sense of right and wrong.

pr1983- I like your answer.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 10:21 PM
HiddenPotential is currently offline Click here to Send HiddenPotential a Private Message Find more posts by HiddenPotential Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Sure.

Your soul weighs 21 grams. happy

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 11:00 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The belief in a soul requires the belief in a higher being. So no, I don't think I do

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 11:03 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

No, that is incorrect. thumb down

Buddhist believe in soul, and they do not believe in God or any other higher power.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 11:05 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Well, they reach a point in their enlightenment where they no longer become reincarnated and join with a collective conscieness if i remember correctly. That has to have some name, but i guess that that doesnt really fall under the god category, but it does sound like a higher power to me.

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 11:20 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Nope, when you reach an enlightment you became one with the universe.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 11:26 PM
super pr*xy

Re: Got a soul?

quote:
I believe I do, what about you? and why.

no... i think james brown took it

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 11:28 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Yes its not just a trick of the mind, once a lady knew there was a shoe on top of the hospital.

Yeh, and then the skeptics came in and found that it was perfectly vissable from out of the window (it wasn't on the top of the hospital, it was on a window ledge). Try again.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 11:31 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

yes i believe we all have a soul, where will your soul be at for eternity?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 04:02 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

well nowhere, becaus if you don;t have one, after you die you don't exist, thats an impossible to grasp because when you say nothing you thing pure black or pure white, but if there tuly is nothing you wouln't be able to KNOW that there would be black to recognize.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 05:47 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Well, I dont know alot about this, but I was told in class that native people often beleive that peoples spirits remain here on earth in a spirit world filled with the spirits of animals in a happy hunting ground where there no conflict and people are at peace.

Just a non-christian view of the after life for ya...

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 06:01 AM