KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Got a soul?

Do you believe that there is such thing as a soul?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 14 63.64%
No 6 27.27%
Not sure 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Got a soul?
Started by: HiddenPotential

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fiery Eyes

ok, for the christain view point: there is Heaven or Hell for eternity, we all have the choice right now to choose where we spend eternity.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 10:18 PM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

Personally I prefer the Elysiun fields. It doesn't require morality to enter, just greatness, and pleasing a big god.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 11:16 PM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by Fiery Eyes
where will your soul be at for eternity?

Um ... are you trying to threaten people into converting? That's what it sounds like.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 12:59 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

so what is the difference between soul and spirit

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 12:59 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HiddenPotential

no difference

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 04:31 AM
HiddenPotential is currently offline Click here to Send HiddenPotential a Private Message Find more posts by HiddenPotential Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HiddenPotential

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
Yeh, and then the skeptics came in and found that it was perfectly vissable from out of the window (it wasn't on the top of the hospital, it was on a window ledge). Try again.

HA, are you serious...

Well I believed I had a soul long before I heard that story.

You know it really is depressing that religious freaks think they have to lie to get people to believe.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 04:39 AM
HiddenPotential is currently offline Click here to Send HiddenPotential a Private Message Find more posts by HiddenPotential Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

The difference between that "deep down, inner voice" people are talking about, and the Christian view of a soul, is that the former one dies with the body, while the Christian one goes on to heaven or hell. I believe we have something akin to what Christians call "souls", but I don't believe in an afterlife.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 04:41 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
No, that is incorrect. thumb down

Buddhist believe in soul, and they do not believe in God or any other higher power.
They believe in an inner self, not a soul, per se

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 02:48 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

Anyone believe in the Sartrean theory that self discovery is self creation? That is, when we try to become one with our inner self we are in fact re-creating ourselves. Rather then finding a true self and becoming it, we create it.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 03:05 PM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

HP> When are ”we” atheists talking about that ”deep down, inner voice”? Quote some people here, some atheists, who’ve used tha voice…

” its not just a trick of the mind.” How do you know?
Our subconscious is aware of far more than the conscious mind. Your “lady in the hospital”, where’s the link to support your claim btw?

Turbo> The state of total enlightenment=Nirvana. The Hindu/Buddhist soul reincarnates over and over to LEARN…

Soul = The self-aware conscious human mind trying to define what it is.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 03:48 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

so u don't believe omega in an actual soul?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 04:05 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
HP> When are ”we” atheists talking about that ”deep down, inner voice”? Quote some people here, some atheists, who’ve used tha voice…

” its not just a trick of the mind.” How do you know?
Our subconscious is aware of far more than the conscious mind. Your “lady in the hospital”, where’s the link to support your claim btw?

Turbo> The state of total enlightenment=Nirvana. The Hindu/Buddhist soul reincarnates over and over to LEARN…

Soul = The self-aware conscious human mind trying to define what it is.

Trust me, people do occastionaly fantasise that they're in heaven. Saying they don't is like the claim that the sky is ultra violet.

I know what I am. I am me.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 06:43 PM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
Um ... are you trying to threaten people into converting? That's what it sounds like.

NO, how is that thretening to you?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 04:12 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

Come on Fiery Eyes. Saying something like "where will your soul be for eternity?" is threatening.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:39 PM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

I think it is more suggestive and thought invoking, threatening would be "your soul will be in hell for eternity"....

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 01:12 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I think that that is more though restricting that thought provoking. And no, its not suggestive... its implying that if we dont buy into your crazyiness that we go to hell. That is simply a false statement.

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 01:22 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

Yes. And this whole fear-mongering approach towards religion is getting old.

-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 02:07 PM
Rhino
Red is the new black

i think we have a soul, we die and we go to some place where we decide our next life...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 04:16 PM
Rhino is currently offline Click here to Send Rhino a Private Message Find more posts by Rhino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

I think that we decide here. Your actions have consequences.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 05:55 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Worried It is weild.

I mean we are told we have a soul that will leave us when we die and go to heaven or hell.But there is no prove that we really do.
Who can say we have a soul?If anyone has proof I will gladly read it and maybe excerted it but who can say if we have a soul?Is it written in the bible?
I can't really say if we do or not so I will leave my answear to that.JM embarrasment confused Happy Dance

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 10:55 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote