KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Got a soul?

Do you believe that there is such thing as a soul?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 14 63.64%
No 6 27.27%
Not sure 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Got a soul?
Started by: HiddenPotential

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

do you believe in the existance of the soul.

DO you think that it exists at all?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 02:55 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Yes I do think we have a soul.But animals having souls I am not sure of.Even through there is no proof I was always taught growing up that everyone has a soul.
and that once we die our soul lefts our body and goes to heaven or hell.Or something like that.JM Good topic!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:19 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Souls aren't real.

Much like God, Heaven, and Hell....souls too are just concepts created in the mind of humans in order to try and find some sort of extra meaning in life.

A soul cannot be held, seen, or signed over to the devil. It is just a figment of human beings over active imagination.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:57 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Do you believe that there is such thing as a soul?
Just as a music genre

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:58 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

A soul animates the person. Quite a few Religions believe that the human being has a soul. So, I'm going with that we do have a soul.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 07:24 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

so if you go into a coma....do you lose your sole?

or if you flat line for a minute or two...does that mean your soul leaves you and then comes back?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 07:27 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Maybe....I never been comatose so I wouldn't know.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 07:31 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

do you really think you would know if your soul was leaving your body even if you were in a coma?

laughing

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 08:33 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I heard of cases in which patients were in a coma when they wake they remenber hearing the voices of the family members that visited them or doctors talking to them. So maybe the soul is still inside the person.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 09:24 PM
GCG
Red Bull

i think some people under rate the soul. difficult to explain its meaning and purpose, one day we will find out that its the only part of us that never ceases to be.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 10:58 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

I have seen a number of responses in this thread proclaiming an affirmative belief in the existence of a soul, but no responses explaining why.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 01:32 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I think we do.Becaues when we die my friend told me our soul leaves our body to go to heaven or hell.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 02:37 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I think we do.Becaues when we die my friend told me our soul leaves our body to go to heaven or hell.JM

This is exactly my point. There is absolutely no reason to think that such a thing as a soul exists, let alone that you have one. You believe you do because you have been told that you do or because you have been conditioned to believe that you have one.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 06:10 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

We don't have a soul..The original meaning of soul in scripture - means have life. I do believe that we have some kind of life force (energy) or something that can be called spirit.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 09:47 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

One word answer: NO.
I have no soul, because I am the Anti-Christ, the son of Satan. stick out tongue
Or not. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 11:12 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scoffalot
K.P.

so you believe you're only made of your body?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 07:37 AM
scoffalot is currently offline Click here to Send scoffalot a Private Message Find more posts by scoffalot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lydia_J

I believe we have a soul because otherwise everyone would be the same, even babies have different personalities and yet they are technically all the same as each other. However i dont think the soul is immortal, it dies with us.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 08:17 PM
Lydia_J is currently offline Click here to Send Lydia_J a Private Message Find more posts by Lydia_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I believe we have souls, becuase I believe humans are created in the image of God....Angels too probably have souls, as well as demons

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 09:38 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

What scripture to you have to show that Angels and demons have souls?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 09:59 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

We dont, the Reason Why?

I saw this Documentry afew weeks back on Channel 4 of this man Cutting of the Human Body, Its Quite Interesting. Anyway, He was cutting up the Human Brain, I was looking at that and i was thinking, how could we possibly have a Soul, it was like he was just cutting up normal meat and like nothing was there.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 02:49 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote