KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Slugfest Showdown Day 2 of Drafting {Enhanced Meta Draft} Choose Now!

Slugfest Showdown Day 2 of Drafting {Enhanced Meta Draft} Choose Now!
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Loot

no problem, magneto, hulk, and GL are too powerfull to be in this category i agree. Doom i think it´s ok, and a very good choice.

the link for spawn is ok now?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:42 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

thank you, i was gonna choose Invisible Woman actualy, but i went for Jean stick out tongue

Spawn Bio looks good.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:45 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

one of the tournament rules is that you have to choose at least a girl, so i choose invisible woman, other way i would had picked Doom. (talking about coincidence, lol)

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:52 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Is someone like Mr. Fantastic or Thin Man considered War Machine or lower meta?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:32 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

So far, I choose Blackbolt.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...b/blackbolt.htm

Waiting for a response to the question in my previous post before I proceed with my second pick.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:59 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

why does blackbolt need the fork in his head to channel his powers?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:33 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Blockbolt is Herald level. A single sustained whisper is enough to knock out the Hulk.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:38 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

You must enter the tournament with a team of comic book characters. (No Anime or Manga Characters) Western Comics Only.

Team & Draft Information

Teams will consist of seven members:
1. One Herald-level member
2. Two War Machine-level lmembers
3. Two Spider-Man-level members
4. Two Captain America-level members

Every team must consist of at least one female member

Drafting will be on a "first come, first serve" basis

1. There will be four days of drafting

• Day one will be for War Machine to Herald-level characters
• Day two will be for two Spider-Man to War Machine-level characters
• Day three will be for two Captain America to Spider-Man-level characters
• Day four will be for two Aunt May to Captain America-level characters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules for Characters

Certain powers are banned

1. Absorbing powers that injure the absorbed character (IE., Rogue)

2. Telepathic mind shutdowns (IE., Jean Grey causing a foe to think themsleves into death, or simply pass out)

3. Offensive organic matter manipulation (IE., Sersi turning a foe into a pig)

• Manipulating one's own organic matter to heal, or regenerate lost body parts is acceptable

4. No death touches/stares/blasts/etc (IE., Decay making a foe's body break down)

5. Reality warping (IE., Franklin Richards bending the time-space continuum to suit his will)

6. Character retrieval (IE., Rick Jones using the Destiny Force)

7. Multiplying (IE., the Multiple Man)

8. Time warping (IE., Hourman)

9. On-the-fly adaptation (IE., Doomsday's ability to come back from the dead immune to whatever killed him)

10. Mind/body swapping (IE., Doctor Doom's mind transfer)

11. Mind control (IE., Emma Frost taking over a foe's mind and using him to fight his own team, kill himself, etc.)

• A mental attack on an opponent is allowed though.

12. Power negation/boosting (IE., Fabian Cortez enhancing a mutant)

• This rule extends to anyone who can enhance a character's pre-existing powers or give them new powers entirely

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle Information

There will be a 24 hour time period for battles. A new thread will be created for each round of the tournament. A poll will be created, and after the 24 hour time period is over, then whoever has the most votes on the poll wins.

Votes must come from board regulars. (No random new guy popping up and voting)

. Battlefield removals are non-existant

Prep-time will consist of two hours on the battlefield and with teammates

Teams begin their prep at opposite ends of the battlefield.

1. To prevent premature fighting, the battlefield is split in two, right down the middle

• The battlefield split makes it impossible for teams to spy on one another via any means

G. The battlefield changes climate/location for every battle, but remains a constant 10 square miles

1. Battlefields are devoid of humans, but retain a natural abundance of common materials and animals

Examples of areas of battle:

• arctic ice field
• barren desert
• deciduous forest
• tropic jungle
• empty cavern
• metropolitan city
• The Moon
• Himalayan mountain range
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information

The tournament host, me, has the right to overturn any character selections

Links about the character chosen must be provided for all characters upon drafting

Certain characters are banned:

1. Hourman
2. Rogue
3. Decay
4. Multiple Man
5. Lord Tantalus
6. Zoom II
7. Amalgams
8. Amazo
9. Super-Adaptoid
10. Stonecutter
11. the Engineer
12. the Doctor

All characters are fighting to save the one thing they hold dear

Teams will receive the opposing team's roster, but no more

Characters who have had canon meetings will remember facts on one another and can share this information with their teammates

In order to participate, you agree to everything listed above

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Oct 11th, 2004 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:47 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by Evangel94
I would consider mr. fantastic meta maybe low e.meta. I don't really know of thin man. Get a link and post it. I would then make a decision.

Everyone, download the rules document attached and make sure you know it.

I would consider mr. fantastic meta maybe low e.meta. I don't really know of thin man. Get a link and post it. I would then make a decision.

Everyone, download the rules document attached and make sure you know it.

Attachment: tourneyrules.txt
This has been downloaded 26 time(s).

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:52 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Thin Man has stretching powers such as Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man or Elongated Man. He uses sub-space to twist, bend, elongate and controt his body in myriad ways. In addition to stretching via subspace, he can use subspace to teleport, and can flatten his body into nearly 2 dimensional proportions, rendering his own body razor sharp and a viable weapon. He's also remarked on having enhanced senses with which he can see through sub-dimensional barriers.

http://www.geocities.com/newinvaders/thinman.htm

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 08:37 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Thin Man is e.meta

He can turn himself into a weapon and has much more skill and options available to him.

Mr. Fantastic aka Reed Richards is meta.

Reed has never displayed much skill except for stretching around here and there.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 09:08 PM
Loot

didn´t reed defeated namor? and namor is war machine class all right. don´t know if it was a defeat or a tie, but he didn´t loose.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 09:13 PM
Maestro

Surprised no one has done she hulk, thing,annihulus, doc samson or hercules, or have these guys increased in strength?

Last edited by Maestro on Oct 11th, 2004 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 09:25 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Do you actually have proof of this? Such as scans of the comic, issue number, summary of what happened?

With his tech and preptime he could take down namor.

In just plain combat, namor obviousely wins. What's reed gonna do to a guy that has taken a nuclear explosion, re-entry into the earth's atmosphere, and a beating from the savage hulk without injury?

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 09:26 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Thanks for the clarification on Thin Man, and I shall choose him in addition to Black Bolt.

The fight was somewhat inconclusive. It was in Marvel Knights Fantastic Four #7 I believe. Reed distracted Namor, put 80% of his body's mass into his fist and hit Namor with it. For the rest of the fight, Namor pounded on Reed, but Reed went all jelly-like, so the blows could never land on hard flesh and hurt Reed.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 09:48 PM
Loot

exactly, i never read the story i know this because i have red it in here somewher, namor said reed was indestructible, something like that.

scarlet you have to choose one more

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:26 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Scarlet, you cannot have blackbolt. His voice power puts him on herald level. Choose someone else.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:32 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

People who have YET to choose ANYTHING! Not even chosen their Herald level choice yet.

Kontraz
SnakeEyes
Kain Phoenix

If you guys don't make a pick soon, Im going to give your spots away to people who are interested in the tournament. Anyone who wishes to take their spots, please PM me.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:34 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Sorry, I had not seen the previous post about Black Bolt.

If I cannot channel electrons, than I shall use photons!

Captain Marvel (Genis) at whichever level qualifies him for e.meta.

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/captmarvel.htm

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:39 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Cosmic Awareness and Negabands put him at Herald level. Choose again please.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:43 PM