KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- MAIN RULES

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- MAIN RULES
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

WEAPONRY REFERENCE

Here is the reference as to damage done by weapons in the Star Wars game.

Note that there are limits to how much equipment you can carry. Unlike Matrix, this is not related to any semblance of realism, simply style. You may carry:

A. One Melee weapon. For you guys, this is always a Lightsabre! This could also be two lightsabres if you use two, or a double-ended one if you use that, but it always conceptually counts as a single weapon- so if you drop 'it' when using two, you drop both. You don't get spares unles the plot gives you one.

B. One rifle, or up to two pistols

C. Any Devices you carry (obviously not relevant to you guys)

Larger weapons are more difficult to hide.

Note that there is no need to keep track of ammunition in Star Wars. Also note that the gun ethic in SW is very much encouraging you to usde pistols, as the heroes/villains on film do.

---

Assault Rifle- damage 11, +2 to hit (up to 10)

Assault rifles are the standard firearm type of the massed forces in the galaxy- including Stormtroopers and Battle Droids. Assault rifles are mass production models, and like many mass-produced types in the galaxy are of lower quality than heroes would like.

Assault rifles are designed to fire rapidly, and this they do well, but at the expense of power and accuracy. Battle Droids use the standard carbine model, but Clone Troopers are issued with a much longer full-rifle version, which increases the reange but is far more bulky. By the time of the Original Films, stormtroopers are using droid-like carbines again.

Assault rifles are only worth firing in burst mode. Their damage in this mode is 11. When fired in this mode, the multiple shots give you +2 your gun skill... but only up to a maximum of ten. If your gun skill is ten or more, you get no accuracy bonus- the gun is just too damn inaccurate for precision shooting! However, this bonus does make mooks more dangerous, especially in large numbers.

Blaster Pistol- damage 9, two frames to fire

From the elegeant Naboo sidearms to Jango Fett's slim silvery pistols, in the Prequel era the ethic is very much towards light pistols. These pistols can be fired very rapidly but lack stopping power, in the vague terms of how 'damage' works in this system. Gun Tricks like Gunslinger or Both Guns Blazing can work very well with these, as Jango liked.

Heavy Pistol- damage 13, Killing Power +1

By the time of the Original films, sleek is out and chunky is in, and people like Han Solo carried serious firearms. These guns take the standard three frames to fire but are the equivalent of modern day Magnums- a lot of stopping power! There is nothing to stop you taking Heavy guns in the Prequel era.

It's a tough call as to what is better out of Light or Heavy pistols

Heavy Assault Rifle- damage 13

This is simply a Rifle with the power unit of a heavy pistol. Because it requires two hands to fire and is more bulky, most prefer the pistol variant- but the rifle does have a longer range and might find more use amongst mooks.

Bowcaster- damage 13, can be charged

This two handed weapon, favoured by Wookies, is more likely to be used as a larger weapon by players than a rifle. Although it cannot be reasonably fired one handed, it can be charged (taking one frame) making an immediately subsequent shot do 15 damage instead of 13.

Nearly all weapon types can fit into these categories. A sonic blaster, for example, is a Heavy Pistol, that Lightsabre gets -2 as a dodge against, but with much shorter range.

---

Melee Weapons

Unarmed attack- Strength +1 damage

Cudgel/knife- Strangth +2 damage

Sword/Vibroknife- Strength +3 damage

Vibrosword/vibroaxe- Strength +4 damage. Killing Power +1

Note that using such weapons against Lightsabres is very unsafe.

---

Lightsabres

Obviously, these weapons are pretty damn devastating, and that you have one is one of your main advantages. Because these are designed against people using ranged weapons, they HAVE to be amazing!

Damage: 20. Killing Power: +2. Ignores all armour.

Note that the damage of 20, unlike other melee weapons, is NOT increased by strength- Lightsabres have an amazing base damage regardless of the strength of the wielder, as they cut through without effort. The Killing Power of +2 makes it almost laughably easy to kill mooks, and Lightsabres are in hysterics against armoured opponents.

---

Neurowhips

The signature weapon of the Osokan Hunting Guilds is of a technological sophistication similar to a Lightsabre, and is likewise constructed individually by each Hunter. The Neurowhip's purpose is to disable rather than to kill, with another weapon sued to kill once the target is rendered incapable. The energy strands of a Neurowhip hit opponents easily and soon disrupt their brain and nervous system to the point of permanent paralysis.

Damage: 13. Killing Power: +2. Causes Neurodamage

Note that like Lightsabres, Neurowhips are Energy weapons, and so do damage based on a fixed number, not the wielder's Strength. Also, energy weapons can fight Lightsabres in close combat without risk.

The Killing power of +2 is very high for a weapon of damage 13; this is to represent the whip's disabling properties against Mooks (who do not take neurodamage)

Neurodamage

Neurodamage is counted like normal damage. Unlike normal damage, however, hits from Neurodamage wepaons are all ACTUAL hits, not just glancing blows or near misses or diminishing luck. Neurodamage cuases little physical harm but is extremely painful and quickly disrupts a person's biorhythmns.

The proportion of your total damage that is Neurodamage is counted seperately. Every ten points of neurodamage gives you one point of impairment. Also, as it is causing damage in general, you still suffer standard impairment at 25 and 30 points of damage. Neurodamage tops out at 30, at which point the subject will be at -5 impairment and effectively paralyzed. Neurowhips do no more damage at this point and another weapon mut be used. If, due to damage from other sources, a hit from a neurowhip makes you require a death check, the difficulty of that check is halved.

Armour is very effective against Neurowhips, which need to make near contact with the body. Artificial armour counts its value doubled against Neurowhips. However, natural armour- given by Alien Tricks or Creature powers- only gets its standard allocation; Neurowhips were designed to hunt such creatures, after all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 12:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Pinning and Heavy Weaponry

Couple of new rules here for some game mechanics you may see used more in future games. Flurry Fire users may remmeber that that Trick allows them to Pin, so make use of it...

---

Pinning

Pinning is the art of using gunfire to forcibly keep enemies' heads down. Its cousin, Covering Fire, stops enemies bothering your friends.

To pin with a weapon, you need a weapon capable of pinning (I'll tell you), or a blaster used with the Flurry Fire ability. If you can Pin, you can also Cover Fire. To do either, simply declare your wish to do so when you fire, after the target decides whether to dodge- however, unless explicity stated for the weapon, Pinning and Covering Fire does no damage. It is purely useful in other ways. Also, Pinning and Covering Fire annot be performed at Melee range.

Pinning or Covering Fire is sucessful if you either hit by two or more, or if your target takes any form of Defensive Action (remember, you declare to pin after he deicides if to take a defence or not)

If successful, a Pinned opponent can neither move towards you or attack you for three frames. Hit a target with covering fire, and he cannot attack a friend of your choice for three frames, unless that friend attacks him.

---

Heavy Weaponry

Rocket Launchers, Concussion Rifles, High Yield Plasma cannons... the Heavy Weapons skill refers to all varieties of heavy duty combat gear. Mostly to be used by non-player characters, the skill is available for all to buy if they really want to.

Heavy Weapons work differently from normal guns, and are characterised by three rules:

1. A Minimum Strength requirement to aim correctly

2. Slow firing- normally four frames a shot

3. A burst radius.

The burst radius gives the Heavy Weapon its main ability. Heavy Weapon damage is not considered to be a direct hit, which would likely vaporise anybody, but instead the effect caused by the explosion/ air implosion/plasma burst, or whatever. This has the following effects:

1. Heavy Weapons fire cannot have Defensive Actions used against it- you simply won't get out the way, and your sabre isn't much use! Post damage effects like Evade work fine

2. Heavy Weapons fire targets everyone in a general area, friend or foe.

3. Heavy Weapons fire can 'near miss'. Any Heavy Weapons attack that misses by 5 or less, still does damage!

4. Heavy Weapons Fire can be dived out of the way from, replacing a Defensive action as the means for avoiding it. It costs one frame to dive out the way, and another to get up. The success of your dive is done on an acrobatics (normally based on Lightsabre) roll, with a difficulty depending on circumstance.

Heavy Weapon damage is normally very high- up to 24- but is modified by what happened.

Direct hits that are not dived away from do full damage- not good!

Direct hits that were dived away from do half base damage.

Near misses that are not dived away from do half the base damage, but no more (i.e. Outcome is not added)

Near misses that were dived away from do a quarter of base damage and no more, which will likely be no damage at all unless your Strength is very low.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 11th, 2005 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 01:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, this thread has now been updated and is ready for the new game!

BtVS

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 01:32 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

....Ok P.Ming fire laughing out loud

Few Questions, the Sabre Master TRicks, it counts like a Sabre Trick right?

Second, the heavy guns thing, is there a limit to each template what gun they can hold?

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 08:19 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

It's 1 gun for everyone, but only if you can use a gun in the first place! Athletes can, and so can their Renegade counter-parts (psst, that's me!).

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 08:55 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

phew that took some glancing over, I'll have rah updated asap!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 09:58 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Master Tricks are not for Sabres, Vlad- you need to be a Master to use them.

Sabremaster is a Blade Trick though.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 10:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Note: Power of the Force now also helps with the Force Power Domination

BtVS

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 04:26 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Ush, I wanna change Multiple Attacks Level 3 to Agile Combatant Level 3...

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 12:17 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

Is a dark jedi battle going to happen here? I was told that by Captain REX.

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:12 PM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Not here...different thread...

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:44 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer

can you use combat if youre equiped with a lightsaber such as can you while using alightsaber suddenly do a flying kick???

well for now at least,

Old Post May 5th, 2005 05:27 PM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope- it is a little vague, but conceptually you are only ready for one type of fighting at a time- Lightsabre, Conbat or Guns.

The exception is the Force, which you can use offensively at any time.

BtVS

Old Post May 5th, 2005 06:36 PM
Bardock42

hmm I wasn' sure where to post that question, how exactly do allies work (I did a search on ally and allies) and will it be possible to use them during Episode III (Diplomatic Mission)?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:37 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Allies have lives of their own; you can ask them for help at any juncture that appears appropriate, but one of the things that makes them less likely to come is if you used them recently already.

They also get built into some games by default.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:44 PM
bartdude

u have two many rules

[/smilie]tecknoyashi[/smilie] buddies,impy,GuitarBunny,Silvertsum,yokosama,riku,
Pob,rina aka blackrose,,Funky Punk, zatch

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:39 PM
bartdude is currently offline Click here to Send bartdude a Private Message Find more posts by bartdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer

well thats to damn bad for you! and where is the dueling mechanics?

well for now at least,

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 03:25 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...808#post1508808

Right there, Dark...

Question from the bug!

Are people with the skill Heavy Weaponry allowed to carry a heavy weapon when the mission allows? For example, if Xeth went to go help Marcus and Vlad on Chareaus right now, could heft along a plasmathrower or rocket launcher?

Also, would any stats be available for different kinds of heavy weapons that a player could heft along?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 08:35 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Heavy Weaponry is always left at whatever place you are operating from- a ship, base, even the Temple. It's too inconvenient to just carry around (unless it is a Device).

The new Core Rules will have Heavy Weapon stats.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 09:14 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Cool! Thanks much.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 12:09 AM