KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ]Stryfe VS Nate Grey VS Cable[

Which blood clone would win?
This poll is closed.
Nathan Cristopher Charles Dayspring Summers 5 62.50%
Nathan Grey 2 25.00%
The Chaos Bringer 1 12.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

]Stryfe VS Nate Grey VS Cable[
Started by: HarmoNiC FLo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

quote:
Originally posted by crazyspinz
u say nate has mutch more control? because cabel never used his full extent because of the virus?

the virus didnt hold back any off cables power, it didnt prevent him from using his amazing power, he just needed 99% of his power to stop it from killing him 24/7. cable has mutch more control, he was constantly channeling all of that power into stoping his virus, so when it was finaly gone, he had gotten very very very good at controlling and channeling his power

"the virus didnt hold back any off cables power, it didnt prevent him from using his amazing power, he just needed 99% of his power to stop it from killing him 24/7"

WUT A CONTRADICTION. USING HIS POWERS TO STOP THA VIRUS DID PREVENT HIM FROM USING HIS POWERS IN TERMS OF RAW EXTERNAL POWER. WUT GOOD IS SO MUCH POWER IF ALL YOU ARE DOING WITH IT IS PREVENT IT FROM KILLING YOU? HOW CAN YOU WIN A FIGHT WITH IT?

STOPPING A VIRUS FROM KILLING YOU IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THA SAME AS READING/CONTROLLING SOMEONES MIND OR TELEKINETICALLY MANIPULATING OBJECTS.

Just cuz he used his powers to stop tha virus, doesn't mean he should know how to use his psyonic powers with greater control than Nate Grey....who slowly got better and better at controlling his immense power.

If someone is extremely intelligence[unlike you, crazyspins] , would he/she know ever language on earth? you have to LEARN that language and GRADUALLY become fluent in it. that is tha kind of reasoning you are using.

Fact - You are a moron. are you retarded? if not you're under 13...i know it. your idiocy annoyes me...truly does. you didn't even know nate died and then you said you weren't "up-to-date" with your X-Man comics. LOL he died years back buddy.

If my response offends you, good. Your stupid response sure offended me.

Last edited by HarmoNiC FLo on Oct 18th, 2004 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:02 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

edit

if you work out all the time in your room, or once a week u show every one u can lift 200lbs you will eventualy be stronger if u work out in your room right?

cabel was using his power way more than nate so it got more "exersise" so it was more powerfull when his virus was gone

IM AWESOME

Last edited by Paola on Oct 19th, 2004 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:12 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

quote:
Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
Incorrect. Cable, Stryfe and X-Man are all genetically the same creature. Over and over it's stated that X-Man and Stryfe share the EXACT same psi-signature and "genotype " as Cable. As well as the same unimaginable power. This is all confirmed in the Blood Brothers story arc; X-Man #46, Cable #63 and X-Man #47. When you read a few more X-Man or Cable comics ( Not read an inaccurate website ) please don't hesitate to return with a viable comment.

Stryfe is a clone of Cable, so they have the same genotype...X-man is a creature created by Jean Grey and Cyclop's DNA...arranged for optimum power, He has at least 50% the same genotype but not identical. I am confident in my knowledge of both of them and Biology, I think you are confused about the definition of genotype.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:13 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

quote:
edit

if you work out all the time in your room, or once a week u show every one u can lift 200lbs you will eventualy be stronger if u work out in your room right?

cabel was using his power way more than nate so it got more "exersise" so it was more powerfull when his virus was gone

LOL please tell me you're kidding and i'll have a little more respect for you.

Look, edit. when you work out, you are actually engaging in a physical activity which increases your strength. doesn't matter if you do it in a room. HORRIBLE ANALOGY. YOU'RE PATHETIC. [www.dictionary.com look tha words up]

Stopping a virus from killing you has nothing to do with telepathy or telekinetics [entering someones mind, erasing memories, creating memories, lifting cities, flying...etc].

Just Stop. Log Out, and Go To Bed.

Last edited by Paola on Oct 19th, 2004 at 03:39 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:20 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

wow dude, calm down, you totaly missed what i said there, it was way over your head. i used the "in your room" example because no one can see that cable is using his power to fight the virus.

and if u are right, give me one logical explanation why cable was able to do all of those things when his virus was gone is he couldnt control them.

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:26 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

HarmonicFlo88 & crazyspinz: keep the discussion without calling names

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:44 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

According to the MARVEL Universe all three of these characters are composed of identical genetic material. This fact was established in Cable issues # 29, page 14 in which Charles Xavier states and I quote;

" He calls himself Nate Grey -- although what relationship he has to our own Jean Grey and her family remains uncertain. Moira's tests on him reveal that he is not a clone -- and yet paradoxically, has EXACTLY the same DNA makeup as Cable. " ( note: No mention of a 50% difference in genotype. )

Wynndar, please do enlighten us all. According to the fictitious Marvel Universe in which the impossible occurs -- Cable and X-Man are composed of identical genetic makeup. But wait! That can't be right! You're confident in your knowledge so that would logically lead to the assumption that X-Man creator(s) Steve Skroce and Jeph Loeb are INCORRECT. - GASP- It's a conspiracy! They've laid out this decade old plan to discredit your " knowledge " on the subject of biology! laughing

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 06:33 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I agree with you on many points, Harmonic.

Yes, Cable was during that time inferior to X-Man in power due to the fact he was hindered by the techno-organic virus.

Yes, by definition he was considered to be one of the single most unfettered sources of displayed psionic energy in the galaxy.

Yes, With time he did learn more about his powers than he previously knew upon his arrival into the 616 Universe.

As to your comments regarding that Cable merely stumbled upon his powers? That's not so. He didn't merely stumble out one day and have complete control over his powers. In Cable #100 he supposedly purged himself of the virus but he didn't have the ability to totally control his powers. Ie; He killed a group of people when merely attempting to shut down a single persons mind. It wasn't until issue #109 where he displayed any semblance of control which was MONTHS after his initial purging of the virus. And he did it because he was able to apply his Askani training ( ASKANI'SON #1-4 ) which helped to heighten his control and awareness. Something which Nate Grey never hand. And when you finally come to Soldier X #1 it's nearly 2 years later and he's still perfecting his powers. So he's earned his control through a few rough years of training.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 07:03 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Okay Paola, but it is very hard to not state tha obvious ["crazyspinz is an idiot"] when they make a comment about a character they know nearly nothing about AND make no sense in wut they're saying WHILE contradicting himself all at tha same time....but i do apologize.

[QOUTE]Originally posted by ****spinz
wow dude, calm down, you totaly missed what i said there, it was way over your head. i used the "in your room" example because no one can see that cable is using his power to fight the virus.

and if u are right, give me one logical explanation why cable was able to do all of those things when his virus was gone is he couldnt control them.
[/QOUTE]

No, "dude" i didn't miss wut you were saying. you were trying to say that cable was using his powers to hold back his techno-organic virus from killing him, so when he lost tha virus - his control over his vast powers was intact. however tha inside of your body or a virus, is incredibly different from EVERYTHING outside of your body.

dont get it? or dont believe me? cut yourself open and see if our world looks like wuts in your body...or watch ER.

Sigh, i'm gona have to repeat myself - read this next paragraph a few times to ensure your comprehension, spinz.

Keeping a virus from taking over your body and PSIONIC powers such as telepathy and telekinetics have NOTHING to do with each other. lifting weights [regardless if anyone sees you or not] EXERCISES your muscles which make you stronger...cable DID NOT exercise his telepathy or telekinesis because he was fighting a virus INSIDE his body. are there people inside his body for him to EXERCISE his telepathy on? or fly? or move objects? OF COURSE NOT

Damn, your "perspective" is a dumbass. laughing laughing laughing

Last edited by HarmoNiC FLo on Oct 19th, 2004 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 08:24 PM
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

quote:
I agree with you on many points, Harmonic.

Yes, Cable was during that time inferior to X-Man in power due to the fact he was hindered by the techno-organic virus.

Yes, by definition he was considered to be one of the single most unfettered sources of displayed psionic energy in the galaxy.

Yes, With time he did learn more about his powers than he previously knew upon his arrival into the 616 Universe.

As to your comments regarding that Cable merely stumbled upon his powers? That's not so. He didn't merely stumble out one day and have complete control over his powers. In Cable #100 he supposedly purged himself of the virus but he didn't have the ability to totally control his powers. Ie; He killed a group of people when merely attempting to shut down a single persons mind. It wasn't until issue #109 where he displayed any semblance of control which was MONTHS after his initial purging of the virus. And he did it because he was able to apply his Askani training ( ASKANI'SON #1-4 ) which helped to heighten his control and awareness. Something which Nate Grey never hand. And when you finally come to Soldier X #1 it's nearly 2 years later and he's still perfecting his powers. So he's earned his control through a few rough years of training.

Oh man. well you seem to state facts. even though i think "askani training" helping him gain control of a sudden enormous increase in psionic powers centuries in tha past, is a little absurd.

Still, it took X-Man a lot more than it took Cable...as it appears. unless that askani training is wut made tha learning curve way shorter.

Nevertheless, if Nate wasn't killed off - i'm sure his control would match cable's current level of control. then of course power potential comes to consideration - which you say is equal. so perhaps they would be equal when it came to mutant power level?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 08:41 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

The Askani training was damn near pivotal in aiding Nathan to control the immense power he was given. First you have to understand that the Askani Sisterhood was created by someone with an immense psi talent, namely Mother Askani ( Rachel Summers ) who had experience wielding the Phoenix Force. She in turn trained the Askani to focus their abilites and powers through intense meditation which balanced the mind body and spirit. ( This can all be read in the Book of Askani & ASKANI'SON #1-4 and all takes place nearly 3,000 years in the future.) All the training he went through allowed him to focus what energies he had as well as keep his body held together. I mean -- think about it. Every day of every moment CABLE had to focus his powers on the techno-virus in his body to keep it from taking him over. That's a lot of mental strain and takes a great deal of focus. So he's had plenty of experience in focusing his mind -- due to the Askani training which isn't to be taken lightly. In the future the Askani are considered to be the greatest telepathic & telekinetic warriors. That's by no means absurd.

And I don't like to think of Nate as being " dead ". What immense psionic really stays dead? X-Man is just physically dispersed at the moment. Without shape or form. He joined with all life on earth which means he could very well be ressurected with a decent writer in place -- of course.

But yeah. Power vs. Power they'd be equals but I figure the fight would come down to physical prowess which we both know Cable dominates X-Man in. After all he's the one who's been in over 100 battles and has seen more war than all of the X-Men combined. I doubt X-Man could match Cable's strategic and battle ready skills. wink

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 09:14 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

quote:
originally posted by crazyspinz
acualy, u are incorrect. cabel and stryfe are the same because stryfe is a clone of cable. nate is from a differant timeline, where he is made from the genetic material of scott and jean. but cables mother is Madelyne Pryor-Summers therefore, differant genetic make up

Proof? The only proof I saw there was that you're a complete idiot like Harmonic previously stated. If Stryfe and Cable are clones and they've got the same genotype that means that Madelyne -- being a CLONE of Jean Grey has the same genotype as her. What does that tell you? -GASP- That regardless of Madelyne being Cable's mother she's still got the SAME genetic make up as JEAN GREY who inturn supplied the same genetic material for who? I can't HEAR you! WHO? X-Man you dunce.

:: shoots Crazyspins credibility full of holes.:: Get out my face, son.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 09:50 PM
crazyspinz

wow that was harsh........

and if they where the exact same wich they obvoiusly are.. why does cable have that virus? and why is stryfe evil?

they change as they age u fool, cable has a virus, that was ingected into him, witch changed his genetic material, stryfe was raised evil, so he bacame evil
and as for the same parents debate

i have a brother, is he the exact same as me, no, does he act just like me, no, we have simiaraties but we are differant. maybe as babies they where the same, but now they are differant.

nuff said

IM AWESOME

Last edited by crazyspinz on Oct 20th, 2004 at 02:40 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 02:28 AM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Homie, you really need Jesus in your life or something. I've never met anyone so moronic online that their very internet presence gives me a migrane. Please. Seek professional help before you hurt yourself attempting to think.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 02:44 AM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I'm done with that. Peace.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 02:44 AM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

quote:
According to the MARVEL Universe all three of these characters are composed of identical genetic material. This fact was established in Cable issues # 29, page 14 in which Charles Xavier states and I quote;

" He calls himself Nate Grey -- although what relationship he has to our own Jean Grey and her family remains uncertain. Moira's tests on him reveal that he is not a clone -- and yet paradoxically, has EXACTLY the same DNA makeup as Cable. " ( note: No mention of a 50% difference in genotype. )

Wynndar, please do enlighten us all. According to the fictitious Marvel Universe in which the impossible occurs -- Cable and X-Man are composed of identical genetic makeup. But wait! That can't be right! You're confident in your knowledge so that would logically lead to the assumption that X-Man creator(s) Steve Skroce and Jeph Loeb are INCORRECT. - GASP- It's a conspiracy! They've laid out this decade old plan to discredit your " knowledge " on the subject of biology! laughing

well apparently there are conflicts in the story from writer to writer...aren't Nate Grey's self destructive powers hardwired into his genes?...genetic material not present in Cable or Stryfe?...then that would mean there is a tiny difference in their genetic structure, making their genotypes different. One's genotype is their actual genetic sequence. NOT the expression of that material, such as psi-signature, that would be their phenotype. Having a different genotype doesnt mean one will will have a different phenotype or expression of genetic material. Thus I feel some writers may be confused when they say identical genetic make up. Additionally, Sinister created X-man from Scott and Jean's DNA in an attempt to make the ultimate mutant...if all he had to do was clone Cable i dont see why he wouldnt or at least mention that Cable was the template for X-man...maybe it was just coincidence that they were very similar, and do have the same phenotype. However, with the self destruct function of X-man's powers embedded in his genes, it means he has a different genotype.

Of course Steve Skroce and Jeff Loeb could be incorrect when they try to involve biology into their stories, they're comic book writers that does not make them a credible source for scientific information...I dont use comic books as a source when Im in my genetics lab.
Comic writers are not doctors or biologists. They write comic books... maybe you take them too seriously. Would you have a comic book writer perform surgery on u?....Well I dont have any interest in being as inflammatory as you were in your last two posts and I just want u to understand why I made the previous posts...Again, Im confident in my knowledge of biology. By the way I just got back from California, over the weekend I was visiting med schools.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:15 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

quote:
Homie, you really need Jesus in your life or something. I've never met anyone so moronic online that their very internet presence gives me a migrane. Please. Seek professional help before you hurt yourself attempting to think.

I agree. laughing

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:32 PM
crazyspinz

well, my father is a minister....

and i admit i dont know as mutch about these guys as you guys do, u di have there name and there pic in your name/avatar

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:38 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
Of course Steve Skroce and Jeff Loeb could be incorrect when they try to involve biology into their stories, they're comic book writers that does not make them a credible source for scientific information...I dont use comic books as a source when Im in my genetics lab.
Comic writers are not doctors or biologists. They write comic books... maybe you take them too seriously. Would you have a comic book writer perform surgery on u?....Well I dont have any interest in being as inflammatory as you were in your last two posts and I just want u to understand why I made the previous posts...Again, Im confident in my knowledge of biology. By the way I just got back from California, over the weekend I was visiting med schools.

Are you kidding me? You've gone off into an entirely different tangent which has no semblance of the conversation we were having. Our discussion revolved around the ongoings within the MARVEL UNIVERSE which you've apparently dismissed with your inane prattling of misplaced reason and logic. Who said anything about comic book writers being well versed in the realm of genetics or biology? Certainly I didn't. But if for some reason you MISINTERPRETED my comments for ones that you've apparently fabricated -- I duly apologize.

No, I don't take comic book science as literal mandate but I do take serious misinformation which you apparently have an abundance of when concerning these particular characters. You cannot apply scientific REASON to the mechanics of comic book characters -- that was the point that you seem to have brushed over. Btw, WB. Hope you had fun. And I hope we can continue to have more debates.

On subject -- Cable would still kick both of their a$$es. wink

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 09:11 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

quote:
wow that was harsh........

and if they where the exact same wich they obvoiusly are.. why does cable have that virus? and why is stryfe evil?

they change as they age u fool, cable has a virus, that was ingected into him, witch changed his genetic material, stryfe was raised evil, so he bacame evil
and as for the same parents debate

i have a brother, is he the exact same as me, no, does he act just like me, no, we have simiaraties but we are differant. maybe as babies they where the same, but now they are differant.

nuff said

I'm going to pray for you, yo. And your ENGLISH composition teacher.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 09:16 PM