KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ]Stryfe VS Nate Grey VS Cable[

Which blood clone would win?
This poll is closed.
Nathan Cristopher Charles Dayspring Summers 5 62.50%
Nathan Grey 2 25.00%
The Chaos Bringer 1 12.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

]Stryfe VS Nate Grey VS Cable[
Started by: HarmoNiC FLo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wynndar
ThunderCat

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
well apparently there are conflicts in the story from writer to writer...aren't Nate Grey's self destructive powers hardwired into his genes?...genetic material not present in Cable or Stryfe?...then that would mean there is a tiny difference in their genetic structure, making their genotypes different. One's genotype is their actual genetic sequence. NOT the expression of that material, such as psi-signature, that would be their phenotype. Having a different genotype doesnt mean one will will have a different phenotype or expression of genetic material. Thus I feel some writers may be confused when they say identical genetic make up. Additionally, Sinister created X-man from Scott and Jean's DNA in an attempt to make the ultimate mutant...if all he had to do was clone Cable i dont see why he wouldnt or at least mention that Cable was the template for X-man...maybe it was just coincidence that they were very similar, and do have the same phenotype. However, with the self destruct function of X-man's powers embedded in his genes, it means he has a different genotype.

I thought I clearly addressed the first argument in this paragraph. By the way, why didnt u quote this paragraph too? The other paragraph was in response to u bringing up the writers. My message was that a very central element to the X-Man story is his self destructive powers and impending death; although this is conflicting to the "identical genetic structure", I still feel it takes precedence since it is a more important theme of the story, and the writers DID contradict themselves.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 10:54 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Yes Nathaniel, i agree that cable is physically a better fighter than X-Man. that is, since we are applying issues other than just power - so we have to also apply stryfe's evil factor.

Nate Grey or Cable, though more powerfull...couldn't possibly think of things Stryfe can think of. simply because they aren't as evil. he is also, if i'm not mistaken..highly intelligent.

In a realistic battle, stryfe is a pretty large threat.

__

Yeah, they should really bring Nate back....could it one day happen?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 01:03 AM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I don't think Stryfe being " evil " is a factor. In past issues of Cable's comic he's always done what was neccesary in order to get his mission complete. Even if it meant KILLING someone he considered an ally. For example -- in Cable's first mini series he shot his ally from Six Pack " Hammer " in order to stop Stryfe from getting some precious intell. Even now Cable does what he has to do because he's a soldier first and foremost. This isn't to say that he's got a blatant disregard for life like Stryfe does -- but Stryfe being evil? Come on. Cable whooped his a$$ during the X-Cutioners Song. He's of little consequence in my own eyes. That's just my opinion.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 02:19 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

quote:
Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
" Now he's learned of a boy named Nate Grey who shares his bio-signature and psionic ability -- but whose power is not checked by the techno-organic virus. A boy lost and alone..with a God-like capacity for destruction. "

Also, If you READ Cable #31 in which they battle...it ends this discussion. On the 3rd page AND I QUOTE!

"His name is Nate Grey. Torn from a timeline that has since been erased -- he is GENETICALLY IDENTICAL to Cable in EVERYWAY...including MUTANT POWER. But there is one striking and disturbing difference. Since infancy, Cable has struggled with a techno-organic virus which " diverts " his power, as he must use it to hold his ravaged body together. Nate Grey knows no such limits and, like a cancer, his OWN power is slowly ending what precious life he has left. "

Read that and shut up about it Wynndar.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 02:29 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Nathaniel, do you see Marvel ever resurrecting X-Man in tha future?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:14 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

u are just repeating urself...I agreed that writers had called them 100% genetically identical... that means they have contradicted each other...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 01:38 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I doubt that Marvel would ressurect X-Man. He's not like Wolverine, Magneto or Jean Grey -- he didn't bring that much money to the table. But anythings possible.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 07:16 PM
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

We should try writing for Marvel...seriously. wut'd ya say Nate?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 07:40 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I've already sent in several letters and e-mails to Marvel attempting to petition the ressurection of Nathan Grey. It's not going to happen. They didn't even grace me with a response so unless THOUSANDS of people have a desire to see him in the comics again...it's a lost cause my friend.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 03:00 AM
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Hmm...can you give me their email address?

Lol, i must add that at one time i IMed "marvel appreances" about bringing nate back...but later i discovered that it was just someone checking emails on that username for questions/comments about any marvel character appearing around tha country in stores and such. its funny cuz they used to sign off as soon as i would say "hey, you guys should bring X-Man back". laughing

Last edited by HarmoNiC FLo on Oct 23rd, 2004 at 03:48 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 03:45 PM
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

i dont care that its closed. i would go for my main villain stryfe!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 10:59 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

cable get s my vote n e day.....cable's power's have increased EXPONENTIALLY since he first appeared....sure...x-man was supposed to be the 'strongest' one....only because he wasnt held back by the TO virus...but since his power increased after the virus was taken out....when it came back he states: "the time i spent realising my mutant potential more fully has made controlling the T-O almost an AFTERTHOUGHT...like breathing...and that's allowed my powers to expand further..."

thus i think cable is now the strongest and most capable of the three....as he was able to stand pretty much toe to toe woth his counterparts when he was still diverting a significant amount of his power to the TO...now that its become ez...he'll axe dem

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 12:37 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Young Cable:
(please log in to view the image)

Hm...who he resembles? wink

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 07:54 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

I've always taken issue with the fact that Nate Grey is supposed to be genetically identical to Cable. Why? They're from separate realities and the only thing they have in common are common parents. Not even! Saying that the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey in one world is identical to the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey in another world is like saying the child a couple had in 1985 is genetically identical to a child that same couple has in 1995. They're not. They're siblings, not clones. Different years, different times, different spaces, different environments, different realities, different conception methods all play a role in the final outcome of a child. ALL of those factors are different in AOA than in 616.

There's proof of that right IN the Summer's line. Rachel is the child of Scott and Jean - she's not a boy, she's not Cable, and she's not blessed with the same immense power as the other three. So I take severe issue with the idea that Cable and Nate are the same person.

That said, unchecked Cable beats Stryfe and X-man. *shrug*

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 10:06 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

/\good point.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:40 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

quote:
Originally posted by demigawd
I've always taken issue with the fact that Nate Grey is supposed to be genetically identical to Cable. Why? They're from separate realities and the only thing they have in common are common parents. Not even! Saying that the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey in one world is identical to the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey in another world is like saying the child a couple had in 1985 is genetically identical to a child that same couple has in 1995. They're not. They're siblings, not clones. Different years, different times, different spaces, different environments, different realities, different conception methods all play a role in the final outcome of a child. ALL of those factors are different in AOA than in 616.

There's proof of that right IN the Summer's line. Rachel is the child of Scott and Jean - she's not a boy, she's not Cable, and she's not blessed with the same immense power as the other three. So I take severe issue with the idea that Cable and Nate are the same person.

That said, unchecked Cable beats Stryfe and X-man. *shrug*

yeah man great point. they are different. tha difference though is that x-men is more powerfull - X-Man wins.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:48 AM
leonheartmm

nate IS more powerful, and as far as the argument about him beeing physically inferior goes, well nate demonstrated the ability to create a psionic armour against the fight with holocast which granted him physical victory and holocast has no known upper strength level{need i remind again that nate was not really in control of his powers at the time}, looking at this i have to say that even in a fist to fist fight, nate wins this{and ofcourse, in a psionic fight he takes this one defintaely}

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 12:13 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

What was it that killed nate?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 01:30 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

Its all the same DNA

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 04:25 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
yeah man great point. they are different. tha difference though is that x-men is more powerfull - X-Man wins.

But Cable is way more skilled.

Cable wins.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 04:34 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote