KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What religion makes the most sense to you, and why?

What religion makes the most sense to you, and why?
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Re: Re: What religion makes the most sense to you, and why?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
Which is not a religion. Of course.

It is a form of belief, which is what I meant anyway

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 07:57 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Okay, from now on, any sort of -ism counts as a religion in this thread.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 07:58 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

okay... skepticism, because people are wrong about things all the time and you shouldnt believe everything you hear.

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 08:44 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

beerism, cause a bunch of them actually do change you........................for awhile

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 08:53 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I could see my self supporting beerism...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 09:05 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

see its growing already...bottoms up!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 09:11 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 09:17 PM
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
Originally posted by finti

quote:
Jesus makes a great role model, though you might not live a long time, or be put in a mental home.
which is a suitable place for many christians

Shall we say that Atheism normaly entails Nihilism then? Or some other all encompasing statement like that. Don't kick two billion people, we have muscle builders to kick you back.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 10:47 PM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

Beerism will easily fall beneath our perfectionisms.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 10:51 PM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

Well, i'm a christian, So, I believe in Jesus Christ. He's the only way to go for me.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 01:09 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

um...my relegion makes the most sence to me...no expression

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 02:13 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Naz>I think the point of the thread is to tell people what your religion IS roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Zen Buddhism for me. I realize it's not really a religion, but if I were forced to follow any system of belief, that would be it... Being already 50% Buddhist helps too wink
Part of the reason is because at times, life seems to me like some kind of big, cruel joke. I've learned that I can't really trust anything/anybody but myself, and I prefer being able to fix problems on my own than having to rely on an outside source. Plus I have experienced what I believe is zen enlightenment for short periods of time... Doesn't happen a lot, but enough that it's given me reason to believe that it happens to the mind. Whatever it is.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 03:22 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

The giant hedgehog rules!

He (she?) is my role model....

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 04:27 AM
Cipher is currently offline Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Originally posted by finti
quote:
Jesus makes a great role model, though you might not live a long time, or be put in a mental home.
this was not my posting

but
quote:
which is a suitable place for many christians
this was, and it was a joke aimed at the original poster.

quote:
Beerism will easily fall beneath our perfectionisms.
if it is christianity you refer to as perfectionism laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 05:56 AM
finti

beerism will win easily, we have many"sinners" from other religions among our ranks.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 06:29 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

I'd prefer vodkaism to beerism

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 09:33 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

that will only end up in barfism or as the self proclaimed cultured and profound would have said it "the philosophical art of vomiting"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 09:39 AM
Kohldia
Wild One

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Naz>I think the point of the thread is to tell people what your religion IS roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Zen Buddhism for me. I realize it's not really a religion, but if I were forced to follow any system of belief, that would be it... Being already 50% Buddhist helps too wink
Part of the reason is because at times, life seems to me like some kind of big, cruel joke. I've learned that I can't really trust anything/anybody but myself, and I prefer being able to fix problems on my own than having to rely on an outside source. Plus I have experienced what I believe is zen enlightenment for short periods of time... Doesn't happen a lot, but enough that it's given me reason to believe that it happens to the mind. Whatever it is.

I am glad to see another among us who feels as I do. I am a devout buddhist in mind and lifestyle. I have found my place in the circle which surrounds us and intend to stay within it so my next life shall be just as comfortable.

Burned and Scarred, but just as dangerous as a wildthing.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 10:07 AM
Kohldia is currently offline Click here to Send Kohldia a Private Message Find more posts by Kohldia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I would be a buddhist if it weren't for the part about no intoxicants... I have trouble with that part now, but maybe I'll looking into it more when I'm out of university.... for now I consider myself i devout beerist.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 03:28 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Obviously, the religion that makes the most sense is the Church of the Subgenius

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 09:43 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote