KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What religion makes the most sense to you, and why?

What religion makes the most sense to you, and why?
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

hmz this is my opinion no offence 2 any1 but i think that we need no religion.Why are we all searching for heroes and leaders for answers when we can just as easley work them out for ourselves.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 07:10 PM
Goth_Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Goth_Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Goth_Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

That is what religion exists to do... prevent people from empowering themselves for change in any real sense. They may think that religion is improving their lifes and maybe it does because they think it does, in thier head, but in real life they endure endless amounts of crap that is made okay by the fact that there are voices in their heads. Governments have accepted religion because it gives people false hope in a better life, somewhere else. In this world they are content with crappy governments and unjust rule because they think there is a reward for them later down the road... when in all probablity there is none.

So yeah Goth Girl is right here, we dont really need religion. We need to go answer these questions, and instead of hoping for some magical kindgdom of god in heaven kind of thing we need to try make this world our paradise... our kingdom of paradise. Its not likely now... but who knows maybe people will wise up and try make this world beter instead of waiting for the next one.

I probably pissed some people off here... I'm sorry, but really not too sorry. You need to think about this too.

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 07:28 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

see there u go.ty m8.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 07:50 PM
Goth_Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Goth_Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Goth_Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Turbo-Cajun
Arachnoidfreak - I always thought that you were more of a Beerist... I'm suprised.

I'm a Beerist on the weekends, but shooosh, that's strickly confidential.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 11:22 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Cipher
Atheism is the idea that there is no deity. Maybe people are being confused by the use of the word belief. Atheism is not a religion......
Technically, no. But then, the definition of religion should be changed to include all forms of belief. Except for these stupid ones like 'Beerism'.....sorry Arachnoid

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 02:05 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Love

Christianity makes the most sense - love my God

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 02:07 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
the definition of religion should be changed to include all forms of belief. Except for these stupid ones like 'Beerism'.....sorry Arachnoid
beerism aint more or less stupid than any other forms of religions

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 07:02 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

True...I should have taken that into consideration.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 05:16 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by MornGlory
Christianity makes the most sense - love my God

Most people grow out of their imaginary friends after the age of 10 or so erm

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 06:09 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

List of religions that make most sense to me (from most sensible to less sensible)

1.Atheism
2.Buddism

specific forms of atheism

3.Unitarianism
4.Secularism
5.Humanism
6.Rationalism
7.Postmodernism
8.Christian non-realism
9.Humanastic Judaism

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:19 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

atheism aint a religion though smile

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 10:01 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Well, its a religious belief, so its close enough

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 10:03 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Exactly.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 10:06 AM
Cipher is currently offline Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

what atheism is a religious belief............how?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 10:31 AM
Cipher
Non-Entity

My "exactly" was in response to finti's earlier post. Atheism isn't and can't be a religious belief because an atheist doesn't believe in the things that a religion is based on (supernatural stuff like deities).

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 10:36 AM
Cipher is currently offline Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

(my turn)
Exactly

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 10:38 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Catholism although there are parts of it that I dont agree with messed

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 06:04 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I would be christian, but I dont believe in the whole God/Jeses/worship part of it.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 01:39 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't believe Catholicism is anywhere near the most sensible.

Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinate love.

Weird...

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 03:15 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bonek182

pagan

I consider myself pagan though I don't follow many "traditional" styles as far as practicing it, however it is the religion that makes the most sense to me.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 05:20 PM
bonek182 is currently offline Click here to Send bonek182 a Private Message Find more posts by bonek182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote