KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What religion makes the most sense to you, and why?

What religion makes the most sense to you, and why?
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

Yeah I got noticed.
Go Bardock, its your birthday ....

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 01:04 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loprida

quote:
Originally posted by Frosty Beverage
Christianity is the only religion that hasn't been proven wrong. Boom.

yeh rite.....islam has not been proven wrong but the bible has been corrupted sooo much that now it is wrong....hu told u that christianity is the only religion that hasn't been proved wrong?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:32 PM
loprida is currently offline Click here to Send loprida a Private Message Find more posts by loprida Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loprida

even the catholics have stated that they don't kno where the Quran came from n they don't say that Muhammad s.w.t wrote it because they no that he was illiterate n cudn't rite it n he wudn't kno about science n how the universe is expanding etc.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:37 PM
loprida is currently offline Click here to Send loprida a Private Message Find more posts by loprida Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loprida

the Bible now has many errors including many scientific errors

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:39 PM
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

The one I was born into...Catholic.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:41 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
The one I was born into...Catholic.
christianity then since catholicism is a branch of christianity

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:29 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
Originally posted by loprida
the Bible now has many errors including many scientific errors

To make your post more powerful, it's normal to add examples. You might just be lying.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 11:46 AM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
“then We made out of that mudgha (chewed-like lump of flesh) bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then We developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create.” (23: 14) .
http://answering-islam.org.uk/Respo...truth/index.htm

Read the responses

You have put foward illogical statements based on, absolutely, no evidence. Retract them unless you can support them. If you can support them, fine.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 11:57 AM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
yeh rite.....islam has not been proven wrong but the bible has been corrupted sooo much that now it is wrong....hu told u that christianity is the only religion that hasn't been proved wrong?

http://www.evidenceofgod.com/answers/creation2.htm
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

There are many such examples. A couple centuries ago, you could have said that, but in the modern day, now that we can see God's handiwork firsthand (We see it with a electron microscope) points to Christianity. We've been given a bad rep by stuff like Darwin, but inch-by-inch every pointer is being clawed back to us. You know that Christianity said that the world is flat? That idea is wrong. Since Aristotle, you couldn't enter a church school, college, etc, without knowing that the world is spherical, and even it's aprox circumference.

Put some info into your words to support them, if you want them to be taken seriously.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 12:22 PM
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

Just a quick note-

When I said you might be lying, I was pointing out that putting forward statements without any backing or obvious logic (like that stars are different) meant that I couldn't be sure that you were stating the truth. I wasn't acting you in person, just putting forward a possibility.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 09:13 PM
RavenNightstar
We all go a little mad...

Wicca... Although I was born a Christian. Baptized, first communion, confirmation...
I don't believe any of it, because no one could ever give me a straight answer, and I never felt safe with God.

I can feel the Earth, feel it's energy, it's life... It gives to us everyday! And I can be truthful to it!

If a Christian says that God is cruel & hateful at times, their priest or minister will be shocked...

I know Mother Earth can be a b*@#h, and she is very vengeful, but she is also loving & giving.

That's just me!

Blessed be

May the Wind always be at your back, and the Sun upon your face...
And may the Winds of Destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 01:39 PM
RavenNightstar is currently offline Click here to Send RavenNightstar a Private Message Find more posts by RavenNightstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loprida

quote:
Originally posted by Ytaker
http://www.evidenceofgod.com/answers/creation2.htm
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

There are many such examples. A couple centuries ago, you could have said that, but in the modern day, now that we can see God's handiwork firsthand (We see it with a electron microscope) points to Christianity. We've been given a bad rep by stuff like Darwin, but inch-by-inch every pointer is being clawed back to us. You know that Christianity said that the world is flat? That idea is wrong. Since Aristotle, you couldn't enter a church school, college, etc, without knowing that the world is spherical, and even it's aprox circumference.

Put some info into your words to support them, if you want them to be taken seriously.

hahaha u make me laugh....y don't u put sum evidence into your statements at least i can easily find qutoes from the Quran to prove that Islam agrees with science...u on the other hand put down sum stupid theories...btw...the Bible used to be correct, but now its been totally corrupted...the Ku Klux Klan based their ideologies on things in the Bible...cos the Bible has been corrupted by ppl

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 05:56 PM
loprida

Here's sumthin for u to do...y don't u try n find a statement that agrees with science in the Bible....

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 05:57 PM
loprida

not sum long essay about how it agrees with science

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 05:58 PM
loprida

http://www.islamicity.com/articles/...ref=IN0405-2331

http://www.islamicity.com/Science/Baucaille.shtml

above is the link about a french surgeon n science in Islam n corruption in the Bible

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 07:09 PM
loprida

the other one is about the shape of the universe

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 07:10 PM
squalI

wow this is hard.

christianity makes my head hurt. enough said.

islam and mormons, while completely different, more or less came about from a single guy having some great vision, and well eh. there's a lot of reasons i disagree with mormonism, i'd say islam is the more credible of the two.

well i guess one of the things about chrisitianity is the whole idea that the new testament was put together 200 years after the crucifixion.. books were added or substracted based on the opinion of a council who were several generations detached from everything happening. and several of the books that could have been added like the gospel of thomas are absolutely ridiculous, so i'm all like wow you guys must be pretty awesome if you know which books are uber godly and which ones are evil. the whole religion requires that you put way more faith in that damn book than my intelligence allows me to.

i don't know as much about eastern beliefs as i would like, but i would probably lean towards buddhism.

or just say screw it, and go with agnostic.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 09:02 AM
squalI is currently offline Click here to Send squalI a Private Message Find more posts by squalI Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MyDeadlyRomance
demolition lover

wicca
because it believes in the power of the earth and connects one soul to the earth and all of its creatures
oh blessed be the one who created the earth and all its life oh blessed be

"LIKE A BED OF ROSES THERE'S A DOZEN REASONS IN THIS GUN"

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 03:23 AM
MyDeadlyRomance is currently offline Click here to Send MyDeadlyRomance a Private Message Find more posts by MyDeadlyRomance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote:
Originally posted by Ytaker
To make your post more powerful, it's normal to add examples. You might just be lying.

I'd like to know a few myself.

My religion is Bible scripture.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 03:26 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote