KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Does money make you happy

Does money make you happy
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

My family is kind of rich. I'm one of those kids that gets pretty much anything they want, but I don't let it go to my head. I'm getting a brand new mobile in a couple of days......But even though I have money, I'm still not happy.

Believe me everyone when I say money doesn't make you happy, all you need to be happy is a little self-confidence. So when people try to put you down, ignore them, they're not even worth the effort of turning around.

Do you agree that money doesn't make you happy? what are your thoughts?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 07:32 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

You need money to survive in our society. Only a fool would say that they could be happy without money. But you are right, money is not the most important thing in life. Money does make me happy, but it's a kind of temporary happiness. Lasting happiness in a totally different thing and I don't see how more money would help me achieve it in any way.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 07:53 AM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

money sucks. totally overrated. life? money? who needs it?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 12:15 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

money helps, but it doesnt make u happy.
im also from a well-off family, so i know what u mean... however i wouldnt class myself as an unhappy person neway

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 12:29 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
give me a couple of millions and I`ll tell you

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 12:57 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Money gives you freedom. The freedom to travel, the freedom to have material things. I'm materialistic so money makes me happy. But its not everything. There are things i dont have and money cant buy, having those things is what would make me eternally happy.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 01:09 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

Does money make you happy ?

well...as a mom of 4 , im the first to say its certainly not the most important thing in life but having money can make you happy...

even if you have lots of confidence and loads of spirits...money can make life easier there for making you happier .

no offence to anyone here but its always the rich and well off that i hear belly-aching about how money isnt everything......if you dont like it....and money isnt everything.....give it to someone who needs it more then you....

take your money and feed a family who would not have eaten that night because of not having ANY money.......

next time you go shopping for clothes....buy something extra for the homeless man on the corner.....

shelters are always needing blankets and food....

can money buy happiness ???

yes , it can if you use it right .

made by Scribble

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 01:56 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

No, money doesnt make me happy, but stuff that i buy with it sometimes does.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 02:07 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draku

Money does make me happy, but it not the only thing.
Money is just a requirement for happiness, among other things, such as family, health, etc. If one of those requirements is gone, so is your happiness.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:11 PM
draku is currently offline Click here to Send draku a Private Message Find more posts by draku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

The only people who say money doesn't make you happy are the people who don't have it stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:19 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

eek! Have you seen the Boiler Room Raz? The movie...the quote in that movie goes -

''Whoever says the money is root of all evil, never effing had any''

yes too true!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:48 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

I don't recall blink

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:53 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Raz
The only people who say money doesn't make you happy are the people who don't have it stick out tongue

yes

"Money isn't everything, but it fills a void"

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:55 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

money doesn't give happiness but it is better to check it on your own wink

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:58 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Clovie
money doesn't give happiness but it is better to check it on your own wink

I don't get it chica, maybe I'm slow but could you explain?

embarrasment It might be the different language thing..........

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:59 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I'm from a working/middle class family, I'm better off than some people I know, but I don't get whatever I want whenever I want it... Money makes me happy when I get it for free, but it's not the most important thing. The rich kids at my school piss me off, how they go around waving their ipods in everybody's faces and "checking" to see how much money they have in their wallets...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:02 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i'm sorry.
i shouldn't translate our sayings.

it is like... everyone says that money can't give you happiness
but you can't know that untill you're f.cking rich.. and when then you're unhappy, it will be a proof messed

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:03 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Clovie
i'm sorry.
i shouldn't translate our sayings.

it is like... everyone says that money can't give you happiness
but you can't know that untill you're f.cking rich.. and when then you're unhappy, it will be a proof messed

Oh, I get you!

Don't make a statement unless it's an educated one?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:05 PM
Clovie

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Oh, I get you!

Don't make a statement unless it's an educated one?
something like thaaaat erm

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:15 PM
Syren
dreaming

Ha, don't worry Clo, we understand one another stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:55 PM