KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Juggernaut vs Thing

Juggernaut vs Thing
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KillAll

not facts...... your opinion wynndar. of coarse you have scientific proof dont you? lets see it smile

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 11:13 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Good point Swank. It's kind of silly to throw certain characters into examples, like, "if this guy could beat Hulk or Colossus, then they can beat Juggernaut," or, "if Doomsday can beat Superman, then Hulk surely can," that's not always the case. Certain characters are only similar to a certain degree. Hulk and Juggernaut are damn close in strength, that's a fact, whether you want to admit it or not. THat's their only similarity. Other than that, their powers are far different from each other, as can be said with most character with similar skills. People have to think about those things before they say anything about one character being able to beat another because some other character was able to.

And class 100 Thing can give Juggernaut a good fight, but because of Juggernaut's powers, there's really not much of a way for Thing to beat him. Sure he's the better fighter and strategist, but unless he can somehow take him out of the fight, he loses.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Last edited by Tron on Oct 20th, 2004 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 03:34 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

And wolverine8888, it's funny that you say that Thing stands no chance, but it's even funnier that you'll argue that Wolverine does.laughing out loud

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 03:38 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

quote:
Originally posted by JuggernautFan
not facts...... your opinion wynndar. of coarse you have scientific proof dont you? lets see it smile

umm ok...how about this...Juggernaut has been stopped more than once...Blob has been moved against his will more than once...both facts

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 06:22 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I have a question. Who has acutally knocked out the Hulk more Juggy or thing? I mean as totally knocked out.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 10:59 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Thing didnt knock him out....he just kept beating his ass until Hulk didnt bother to get up anymore....I dont think its that impressive for Jugs to have knocked out Hulk during that period. Madman knocked him out with one punch 2 issues later...does that mean Madman would kick Jugs ass?...maybe

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 11:13 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

quote:
Originally posted by Tron
Good point Swank. It's kind of silly to throw certain characters into examples, like, "if this guy could beat Hulk or Colossus, then they can beat Juggernaut," or, "if Doomsday can beat Superman, then Hulk surely can," that's not always the case. Certain characters are only similar to a certain degree. Hulk and Juggernaut are damn close in strength, that's a fact, whether you want to admit it or not. THat's their only similarity. Other than that, their powers are far different from each other, as can be said with most character with similar skills. People have to think about those things before they say anything about one character being able to beat another because some other character was able to.

And class 100 Thing can give Juggernaut a good fight, but because of Juggernaut's powers, there's really not much of a way for Thing to beat him. Sure he's the better fighter and strategist, but unless he can somehow take him out of the fight, he loses.
yeah, I totally agree with him. people are always using stenght classes as an excuse for someone to win or lose, but ther are so many ways that someone could win, so that sh*t shouldn't even count

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 11:55 PM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

quote:
Evangel94

Actually it was stated in a later issue that juggernaut forgot he had a forcefield to use against Nimrod. The battle would have gone differently with that.

Not only did he get his ass kicked by Nimrod, the writters had to reconned it to save his rep. And it was a stupid recon as that, how can you forget to put up your major defense? It's what makes him "unstoppable." Or if this is coming from him, he's lying to save face as Nimrod clearly beat his ass in their fight. "I forgot to put up my force field" thaz all, "I could've beaten him, it's just that I ah...forgot." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dear Tron,
Nimrod was brought into this conversation because some people here seem to think Thing can't win because Juggernaut is "Unstoppable" - which he didn't. Nimrod stopped the "Unstoppable Force," so has the Hulk. I don't see why your fuse and Swank's is about. READ THE POST.

Last edited by Beyonder on Oct 21st, 2004 at 12:05 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:01 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

yep...even if he did "forget"....all that means is he's a horrible strategist and fighter

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:03 AM
Arsenal

It's like saying "I forgot to go to school with clothes on"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:03 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gilgamesh

I don't want to repeat myself from the Thing Vs Colossus thread, but here goes.

I would go with Juggernaut here. Thing is stronger than before, no he's not 85 anymore, he most be more in the vicinity of 100 - 105, but Juggernaut still has an edge in strenght and endurance. Thing is the better fighter though, but in the end Juggy would most likely win.

As for Hulk VS Juggs, their aren't even in the same class, Hulk is in another league. He has no limits to his strength, he can't die, he can't die, he can recover from ANY wound almost instantly. I don't remember the details, but i remember the images, when Hulk was hit by some kind of cosmic ray which was comparable in strength to ebing throw in the center of the sun, which would kill ANY (including Superman) earth bread super heroe. He was incinerated, leaving drifting in space a overgrown skeleton with a thin layer of crusty meat...

Hulk started regenerating, took him a few minutes to be back to his normal self, and pissed beyond reason.
Same thing happened in "The End" which takes place on earth in a not so distant future.Banner is the last living being on earth, which was wipped out by some nuclear explosion and radition if i remember correctly. He can't die even though he wishes it.He even tries to kill himself on some occasions but the Hulk comes out everytime cos HE doesn't want to die...Weird thing to read, good though, check it out.

In a relaxed state, meaning right after Banner morphed, Hulk is considered to be in the lower 100's, so at that stage Thing,Abobination,Juggernaut and even Colossus can take him on, for a time. But eventually...well, Juggy will be stoped, Blob will be moved, steel will be bent and granite will be grinded into cat litter...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:18 AM
Gilgamesh is currently offline Click here to Send Gilgamesh a Private Message Find more posts by Gilgamesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

1. superman can fly to the core of the sun and it won't damage him or his clothes
2. hulk can too die

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:48 AM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

i dont think juggernaut forgot, he just doesnt use his forcefield all that often.... no different with nimrod.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:05 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

pre-crisis superman...not present superman...Hulk can kick Supes ass

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:06 AM
emraldguardian

quote:
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I have a question. Who has acutally knocked out the Hulk more Juggy or thing? I mean as totally knocked out.

When has Thing beat the Hulk everytime i ahve seen them fight, its a good fight for a lil while but then Hulk just over powers thing and its pretty much over.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 02:39 PM
emraldguardian is currently offline Click here to Send emraldguardian a Private Message Find more posts by emraldguardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emraldguardian

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 03:19 PM
emraldguardian is currently offline Click here to Send emraldguardian a Private Message Find more posts by emraldguardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

did u read those issues of Thing in his second mutation or just see those links?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 03:47 PM
Beyonder

emraldguardian, I like how you posted frames of when Thing was getting the beating, instead of the entire fight. Shows how much of an expert and good debate you are. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 06:53 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

"Oh, cripes I'm drowning!" hehe

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 07:04 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

yea cuz Thing trashed Hulk and the Hulk robot in that fight

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 01:27 AM