KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » `The World Is Not Enough` boat chase voted London`s best film scene

`The World Is Not Enough` boat chase voted London`s best film scene
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
they are full with continuity errors messed

The biggest one of which is the car in DAF changing wheels down the narrow alley..."Lean over!!!" thumb down

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 06:26 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

changing wheels? messed

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 10:31 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Watch it again. Then it'll make sense! stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 02:25 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'll try stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 04:29 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Oh yeah, the DAF scene. I had forgotten about that. Major error!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 03:41 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'll check it this weekend I think....

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 09:58 AM
kalsolar

that boat chase

I have a love-hate relationship with that boat chase scene. In parts it is brilliant, but in others its badly edited and contrived. There were too many shots of just one boat or the other racing along various bits of the river from angles that bore no obvious relation to each other. This can make the viewer lose their sense if orientation, and even more so if both boats arent in frame at the same time. I hated the boat leaping and racing along the ground and through the restaurant bit. Bond having disregard for his own safety in achieving his goal is one thing, but having no regard for the life of innocent bystanders in his pursuit is quite something else. And I dont buy the argument that, "well he did pap the horn on the boad as he crashed through the restaurant" Its moments like those that jolt me into reality and remind me that I'm watching a movie and I hate it when that happens. The rest of the movie was fine otherwise. More or less anyway.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 03:32 PM
kalsolar is currently offline Click here to Send kalsolar a Private Message Find more posts by kalsolar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Re: that boat chase

quote:
Originally posted by kalsolar
I have a love-hate relationship with that boat chase scene. In parts it is brilliant, but in others its badly edited and contrived. There were too many shots of just one boat or the other racing along various bits of the river from angles that bore no obvious relation to each other. This can make the viewer lose their sense if orientation, and even more so if both boats arent in frame at the same time. I hated the boat leaping and racing along the ground and through the restaurant bit. Bond having disregard for his own safety in achieving his goal is one thing, but having no regard for the life of innocent bystanders in his pursuit is quite something else. And I dont buy the argument that, "well he did pap the horn on the boad as he crashed through the restaurant" Its moments like those that jolt me into reality and remind me that I'm watching a movie and I hate it when that happens. The rest of the movie was fine otherwise. More or less anyway.

I agree. The scene is clumsily contrived and edited IMO!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 08:12 PM
yerssot

ah come on, look at a Moore movie and see how it is edited there, must worse messed

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 09:24 PM
The Redeemer

Relax, old boy! Back in the good ol' Moore days the raised eyebrow one could get away with a few editing gaffes because the film surrounding them was SO much better! raver

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 01:58 PM
yerssot

yeah, take the focus off the guy wink

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 12:27 PM