KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why is not going to church every sunday a sin to the christens?

Why is not going to church every sunday a sin to the christens?
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

^thats a good reason, but well the one true church, belives that church is important .

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:06 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

Okay, think of it this way Bardock42...if God told us that we missed one day of Church, that we'd be going to Hell for doing so. In that world, no one would be saved. Fellowship with other Christians is an encouragement, so Christians can be with people like them to feast their minds on the word of God, and for better understanding of it. I go because I enjoy it. I'm not Catholic, that's probably why I think like that. I'm a Baptist.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 02:37 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I'm not Catholic, that's probably why I think like that. I'm a Baptist.
you think catholic is the opposite of how you see it, from my time in Arkansas the most conservative christians I met were baptists

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 06:48 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

well I don'T think anyone in this world is truly worth to be saved, so no problem with that.

You are not telling nobody nothing

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 05:41 PM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

Well you're right in thinking that. Because, in Christian standards, all have fallen short. But, Christ is the bridge.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 06:15 PM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ushomefree

DirectorFitz

Men fall short of the Glory of God; NOT through Christian standards, but God's standards.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:58 PM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Noone will come to save us anyway

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 08:45 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Men fall short of the Glory of God; NOT through Christian standards, but God's standards.
standards set by the vatican so it is indeed a christian standard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:04 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

God never said to go to church on Sunday. The Catholic church did. Read the 10 commandments. Gods day is Saturday, the Sabbath. A rest day which many do go to church, because they always have. The Bible talks about it all through the New Test.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 02:37 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Read the 10 commandments. Gods day is Saturday, the Sabbath.
the jews choose the saturday as their sabbath and the 10 commandment s were made by the jews so.........
Sabbath is a hebrew word meaning something like "rest from labour" and it was set to be the 7th day of the week. When the 7th day is depends on what you consider to be the first day of the week.

quote:
A rest day which many do go to church, because they always have
or forced too

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 07:51 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

All the disciples kept the Sabbath years after Jesus' death. Even Luke who was a gentile. If you study history you;ll find that even after the Bible was in scripts people were still keeping it until the Catholic church starting persecuting them. Besides according to Paul there is no Jew or gentile, male or female. We are all graphed into ONE tree. The tree that was already there for Gods people. The Jews didn't make the Sabbath. In Geneses when the 7th day is mentioned as the Sabbath, there were no Jews......Also it says the the Sabbath was made for man (not Jew)......

take care
deb

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 04:17 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

again since you obviously dont understand what I wrote. The jews choose Saturday as THEIR sabbath, regardless of how you twist it Sabbath is still a hebrew word. Most christians have Sunday as THEIR sabbath, muslims have Friday.
To write it in a matter you might understand, Sabbath can be whatever day of the week you want it to be, but the Jews choose Saturday. Acording tot he bible god never said Sabbath had to be on a Saturday it was said that the 7th day was rest day

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 06:00 PM
big gay kirk

The official Jewish Sabbath starts at sundown on Friday and continues until sundown obn Saturday.... remember that the Jewish day begins in darkness, just as the world did... the Christian "sabbath" of Sunday came about as part of the drive to unite the Christian factions of the Roman empire with the worshippers of Sol Invictus, the Sun God... under Constantine the Great, these were the two most powerful factions, and Constantine wanted them both on his side.... also there was a lot of anti semitic feeling on both sides, and Christians were ordered not to "Judaize," or appear Jewish. This ended the ritual of circumcision for Christians (to which the Greek Christians had objected for a long time ) ended the distinction between clean and unclean meats and led to the Christian Holy Day being coincident with the holy day of the Sun.... so the moving of the day of rest to Sunday was both a political and an anti-Jewish measure...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 06:40 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

True! The Jews didn't CHOSE the Sabbath. God did. It was changed by The Holy See, Catholic church around 324 ad.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 03:02 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Study disposationiaism. This view seperating the Jews and gentiles is pretty new and started around the 1850's with Darby and Scolfield.
The view has always been we have all been grafted into the originial tree.
deb

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 03:07 AM
finti

quote:
True! The Jews didn't CHOSE the Sabbath. God did
the jews chose what day the sabbath was on, and I dont believe in any god so yes they chose and invented the entire sabbath thingie

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 06:45 AM
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by finti
the jews chose what day the sabbath was on, and I dont believe in any god so yes they chose and invented the entire sabbath thingie

your personal thoughts on it, your opinion, doesnt give any help to the question of this thread and is not based on biblical backgrounds (whats it supposed to be in this thread... see "christens" in its title...)

so you cant say they chose what day the sabbath was on, because that god invented the sabbath and the jews kept it always on the 7th day is neither proven right or wrong... according to the belief of jews and christians... god invented the sabbath and set it on the day we know today as saturday.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 01:07 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
according to the belief of jews and christians... god invented the sabbath and set it on the day we know today as saturday.
strange thing that the christiansns strayed away from the rest day god set then

quote:
your personal thoughts on it, your opinion, doesnt give any help to the question of this thread and is not based on biblical backgrounds (whats it supposed to be in this thread... see "christens" in its title...)
the sabbath to be on the 7th day is in fact biblical background

quote:
so you cant say they chose what day the sabbath was on, because that god invented the sabbath and the jews kept it always on the 7th day is neither proven right or wrong
and since it aint proven right or wrong I can say they chose what day sabbath was on cause I believe the Jews chose what we know today as Saturday as their day of Sabbath.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 01:29 PM
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
strange thing that the christiansns strayed away from the rest day god set then

but that doesnt change a thing with the biblical fact that god set the day on the sabbath

quote:
the sabbath to be on the 7th day is in fact biblical background

yes, but it aint biblical background that the jews invented the sabbath... that was what i meant..

quote:
and since it aint proven right or wrong I can say they chose what day sabbath was on cause I believe the Jews chose what we know today as Saturday as their day of Sabbath.

as i can say god set the day on sabbath and saturday equals sabbath...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 09:34 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

.......i say sabbath was the day set to be the day it was

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 01:19 AM