KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What religion does God believe in?

What religion does God believe in?
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Re: Re: What religion does God believe in?

quote:
Originally posted by Barakus
Well no that wouldnt make god an athiest because he is the creator of the religion.. it is based around him/her, so he wouldnt be an athiest because GOD proves that there is a god so athiesm cant exist!? confused

God did not create religion. Man created religion.

Isnt athiesm not beleiving in a higher god or power? so if god worships no one, and recognizes no one higher than himself, then he is what?

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 10:13 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Re: Re: Re: What religion does God believe in?

quote:
Originally posted by Turbo-Cajun
Isnt athiesm not beleiving in a higher god or power? so if god worships no one, and recognizes no one higher than himself, then he is what?

Atheism is the belief that there is no God or the absence of a belief that there is a God. That being the case, IF a god exists, this ideology would not apply.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 10:25 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Atheism is the belief that there is no God or the absence of a belief that there is a God. That being the case, IF a god exists, this ideology would not apply.
the idology would apply to those who still didnt believe in a god even if a god existed

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 10:34 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Yes, but since god is god, if it existed, it would obviously believe in its own existence. I'm not saying I believe in a god, because I don't, but it's theoretically impossible for god to be a true atheist. That's like one of us not thinking we exist.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 12:15 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hunchy

Umm....dude God doesn't have a religion...he is him...your trying to compare him to humans...doesn't work...I think he believes in himself...whether you do or not.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 12:57 AM
hunchy is currently offline Click here to Send hunchy a Private Message Find more posts by hunchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Short'n'Sweet
Sitting in bordom

Re: What religion does God believe in?

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
I personally dont believe that there is a god, but hypothetically, IF there was a god, what would be HIS religious beliefs. Would he just worship himself all day?
If there is no God higher than him, and if he is the supreme being, then there is no god for him to believe in, so that means that god is an athiest.

However, just as I know that I exist, and you know that you exist, any god that exists would also KNOW that he exists and is a god and therefore worship himself, meaning that he is not an athiest.

What are your thoughts?

I THINK BELIEVES IN WHAT HE STANDS FOR.

KMC GANG MEMBER

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 05:27 PM
Short'n'Sweet is currently offline Click here to Send Short'n'Sweet a Private Message Find more posts by Short'n'Sweet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Umm....dude God doesn't have a religion...he is him...your trying to compare him to humans...doesn't work...I think he believes in himself...whether you do or not.
and god creared man in whose image?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 11:31 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

I would assume he would believe in himself, so in essence he would believe in his own religion (ie Christian God, Christianity, Islamic God, Islam, Egyptian gods, Egyptian Cults.....), of course if part of believing is to obey Gods laws..... maybe God simply believes in another turtle just below him holding him up, and it believes in one below it and so on into infinity........

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 01:16 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnival_junkie
God

quote:
Originally posted by Darinda

were the caps needed?

I have no speech, no name. I live in the action of death, blood cry and the penetrating wound. I am destruction. Absolute and alone.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 01:50 PM
carnival_junkie is currently offline Click here to Send carnival_junkie a Private Message Find more posts by carnival_junkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by Darinda

So god is a Christian, meaning that he believes that christ will save him once he dies, and send him to heaven? God can't be a human religion, because god is the object that the humans worship no expression

*wishes he were god*

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 04:04 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

quote:
Originally posted by hunchy

that's the point he's trying to make, if he believes in himself, that he is god, the most powerful being, then he's worshiping himself.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 11:44 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

I think if an omnipotent being existed he would be bored out of his theoretical skull. He would see all, know all and have complete control over everything. Nothing would ever surprise him or make him think. If he does exist I feel sorry for him.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 01:29 PM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

What annoys me is when people say that god has a plan. Why would god need to plan for anything? If he ever wanted anything he could get it straight away, and he could even make it as though he always had that thing, so he wouldnt have any need to want it.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:05 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I would assume he would believe in himself, so in essence he would believe in his own religion (ie Christian God, Christianity, Islamic God, Islam, Egyptian gods, Egyptian Cults.....), of course if part of believing is to obey Gods laws..... maybe God simply believes in another turtle just below him holding him up, and it believes in one below it and so on into infinity........

Sorry, turtles down to infinity? Turtles swim. They hold themselves up.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:40 AM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omega_star_23

I only read a few posts but the worship of yourself is called Satanism so would that make god a satanist??? lmao too funny

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 02:12 PM
omega_star_23 is currently offline Click here to Send omega_star_23 a Private Message Find more posts by omega_star_23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

He's nondemonational.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 02:31 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What religion does God believe in?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eleveninches
I personally dont believe that there is a god, but hypothetically, IF there was a god, what would be HIS religious beliefs. Would he just worship himself all day?
If there is no God higher than him, and if he is the supreme being, then there is no god for him to believe in, so that means that god is an athiest.

However, just as I know that I exist, and you know that you exist, any god that exists would also KNOW that he exists and is a god and therefore worship himself, meaning that he is not an athiest.

What are your thoughts?

Religion is a means to an end. The end being a relationship (fellowship) with God. That is what people are searching for. But instead of coming to God through Jesus (as the Bible instructs) people have tried to get to God through self-effort (i.e., this man-made thing called religion). Religion has nothing to do with God. Religion is not some "thing" out in a vacuum. It is something that is man-made for the purpose of approaching God. But it is not the answer. Jesus is the answer. God and religion don't compute. God worships no one. On the contrary God is or receives worship. Your question about God's religion is misplaced and nonsensical. God is the object of worship for all of eternity.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 09:28 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Me_GuSta_ChoCha

hmm dat is a pretty good point

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 09:29 AM
Me_GuSta_ChoCha is currently offline Click here to Send Me_GuSta_ChoCha a Private Message Find more posts by Me_GuSta_ChoCha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

*Sighs.*

Thread going downhill...going, going, gone....

If the god in question is God--that is, THE God, the monotheistic-omnipotent-omniscient God--then the god in question is the God of the Judeo-Christian beliefs [though incomplete Judaism is].

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 07:13 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FeceMan
*Sighs.*

Thread going downhill...going, going, gone....

Is that why you showed up?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:45 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote