KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Bush's use of Gov Website

Bush's use of Gov Website
Started by: Zanthor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zanthor

Miffed Bush's use of Gov Website

I would like to ask everyone a question. Is it ethical for President Bush to use http://www.whitehouse.gov/ for personal reasons? I was under the impression that gov sites are controlled and used for governmental purposes.

I receive an email from a family member that is Pro Bush that had a statement against Senator Kerry. I don't take things for face value so I went searching for info on the quote. I found the quote on a news release from the Whitehouse at the above site. The 'news' release if from the Whitehouse and is pro Bush / Anti Kerry. It is a report about the remarks Vice President Cheney said after President Reagan's death. Which went from talking about Reagan to bashing Kerry.

I personally feel this is highly inappropriate. It is like using the Whitehouse phones for Fund raising or having us the tax payers pay for mailing a Bush re-election flyer. How does everyone else feel about this? After all we pay for the upkeep of this site as tax payers...

This is the Article is anyone is interested...
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/rele...20040317-3.html

Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 02:07 AM
Zanthor is currently offline Click here to Send Zanthor a Private Message Find more posts by Zanthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

The White House and everything relating to it is a symbol of the current administration.

They can do whatever they wish with that website.
If you dont like the way they operate, vote them out! thumb up

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:26 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

Yup, I'll get right on that.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 05:17 AM
Darth Surgent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I dont feel that American tax dollars should be spent keeping up propaganda for some ass-hole who wasnt really elected in the first place.

Im sure they have their own campaign web sites set up... If they are going to post articles like that on the internet, they should use those sites. I dont need that garbage on webspace that I paid for.

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 05:58 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

You also pay the president's salary!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:17 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

Dont remind me...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:55 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zanthor

I am trying to get him out. Under two weeks then we can give him the walking papers.

I never really checked out the Whitehouse website before. I wonder if previous presidents used it like this? To stick it to the other candidate? I wonder if they have stored info on that.

Maybe it is considered acceptable to use a Gov website for campaigning. I personally don't feel it is right. Just like that Judge that had to remove the 10 commandment monolith because it was a violation of separation of church and state. There is a line of ethics that some seem to be able to cross but others can't.

Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 11:55 PM
Zanthor is currently offline Click here to Send Zanthor a Private Message Find more posts by Zanthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I don't think it's ethical in the least, to use a government web-site to bad mouth the other candidates, that website shoud be used to inform the public, not sway their votes erm

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 07:45 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

polls were at 47-47 today. I know polls mean jack sh!t, but right now they've told an interesting story.

Bush up big...screws himself on debate #1...and loses his lead.
Bush works his way back up by winnging (argueably) the next two debates...

and here they are tied....as the finish line comes in site.

Oh and I agree with Tex.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:25 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barakus
Restricted

Account Restricted

What we think doesnt actually matter, come to think of it, no matter what anyone thinks, wether it be polititions or civilians, its George Bush so he'll just do it his way anyway!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:31 PM
Barakus is currently offline Click here to Send Barakus a Private Message Find more posts by Barakus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hunchy

Zanthor, how may I ask is that article personal? It's remarks by the VP on a Ronald Reagan museum. What does that have to do with Bush for 1 and why shouldn't it be on the website?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 11:15 PM
hunchy is currently offline Click here to Send hunchy a Private Message Find more posts by hunchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zanthor

I was hunting for what a supposed email said Kerry said but it turned out to be a quote from a parody website with the parody material taken out so people might think Kerry actually said this.

My comments the Gov website are simple. It is to report Whitehouse information not be a second Bush Campaign website. He pays for the Georgewbush site. I along with other tax payers pay for the Gov site. It is not right for him to use it in this method.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 05:04 AM
Robo-Chocobo

lol, I more find it amusing that people are talking about "ethics" during an election year, on a forum. HA

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 06:36 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

quote:
Originally posted by hunchy
Zanthor, how may I ask is that article personal? It's remarks by the VP on a Ronald Reagan museum. What does that have to do with Bush for 1 and why shouldn't it be on the website?

Senator Kerry has also had a few things to say about support for our troops now on the ground in Iraq. Among other criticisms, he has asserted that those troops are not receiving the materiel support they need. Just this morning, he again gave the example of body armor, which he said our administration failed to supply. May I remind the Senator that last November, at the President's request, Congress passed an $87 billion supplemental appropriation. This legislation was essential to our ongoing operations in Iraq and Afghanistan - providing funding for body armor and other vital equipment; hazard pay; health benefits; ammunition; fuel, and spare parts for our military. The legislation passed overwhelmingly, with a vote in the Senate of 87 to 12. Senator Kerry voted no. I note that yesterday, attempting to clarify the matter, Senator Kerry said, quote, "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it." (Laughter.) It's a true fact. (Laughter.)

Even if we set aside these inconsistencies and changing rationales, at least this much is clear: Had the decision belonged to Senator Kerry, Saddam Hussein would still be in power, today, in Iraq. In fact, Saddam Hussein would almost certainly still be in control of Kuwait. (Laughter.)

There are tons of things in that article that are blatant attacks on Kerry... tons. Its inappropriate.

There are tons of reasons why it should not be on a government website.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 12:27 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Ok, this is getting little too much.

Please use this George Bush thread for all discussions about him. Please dont start new threads about this topic, because it clogs the forum.

Thanks.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Oct 22nd, 2004 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 10:04 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote