KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who was a better batman Adam West or Michael Keaton?

Who was a better batman Adam West or Michael Keaton?
Started by: aaronlw200

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
aaronlw200

Who was a better batman Adam West or Michael Keaton?

I think Keaton

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 08:26 PM
aaronlw200 is currently offline Click here to Send aaronlw200 a Private Message Find more posts by aaronlw200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaronlw200

beer beer does anyone agree? beer beer

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 08:46 PM
aaronlw200 is currently offline Click here to Send aaronlw200 a Private Message Find more posts by aaronlw200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

uh...depending on which Batman version you're talkin about.

West was superb as the campy Batman that reflected the comics in the 60s.

Keaton looked like the hardcore Batman that comics decided to return to after the campy 60s. He may not look like much of a Bruce Wayne..but in costume, I think he pulled off the menacing Batman quite nicely.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 09:04 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

Keaton all the way. Those eyes!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 09:23 PM
Whisper is currently offline Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Keaton

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 03:15 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have to agree with Spy. It really depends which kind of portrayal you go for. West and Keaton are so different in style and in when they did the role, so it is not a fair question to judge one based on the other. Now, if you had asked who was better- Keaton or Val Kilmer, then that would be more fair in my opinion.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 03:32 AM
CoolWizard is currently offline Find more posts by CoolWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I would have to say Keaton love

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 03:48 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Keaton is god of the Batfilms

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 02:25 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

yes he is

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 03:39 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

If one or the other must be chosen, I say Adam West.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:35 PM
CoolWizard is currently offline Find more posts by CoolWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Keatons a fine actor but whoever it was in that big dumb rubber bucket helment- it wasn't Batman.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:39 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah I hated those two films, myself. Keaton was miscast, but that is just my personal opinion, I am not bashing on anyone who says they prefer him as Batman.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 08:01 PM
radioboy121

Kevin Conroy (voiceover for the animated version).

Adam West of the two available choices as he had more of a lively character (though not the character type I like in the comics/animation). Michael Keaton appeared rather stiff, but it could also be due to the lack of flexibility of the costume.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 10:43 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

keaton was a great Batman, give him his dues, I think it is about time for that.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 05:31 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolWizard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm the same could be said for Kilmer. It is nothing personal against Keaton, you know. In my opinion, he is simply not the best there is.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 12:32 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Adam West always cracks me up! I like'em both so is a tie.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 10:10 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

keaton. for me. those movies were the first comic book movies i ever watched and that is what got me into comics.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:06 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Keaton is god of the Batfilms

only the god of the worst batmans ever. big grin

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 10:59 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
only the god of the worst batmans ever. big grin

No that would be George Clooney stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 11:09 PM
Mr Parker

you wont get an argument from me on that.they both sucked.They were both physically wrong for the role.Clooney looks like Eddie Munster for god sakes. big grin

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 11:38 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote