KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official New Adult Swim Anime Discussion

The Official New Adult Swim Anime Discussion
Started by: BlackHatDefect

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Yes...Inuyasha shall still be on Saturday nights...

It Lives!!!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:19 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Stop trying to increese my suicidal rate.

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:44 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Hahaha

I'm sorry...I'm just saying that Inuyasha will still be on Saturdays...

But you still get to watch FMA....

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 08:12 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rogue938

yeah i love inuyasha.
not sesshoumaru

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 11:48 PM
rogue938 is currently offline Click here to Send rogue938 a Private Message Find more posts by rogue938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailormoon
The newest sailor scout

Barf Re: The official New Adult Swim anime discussion

quote:
Originally posted by BlackHatDefect
We seem to be having this discusstion on multiple threads,that being said...let is get to the point.

here you may talk about the folowing,and onlythe following
Ghost in the Shell~Stand Alone Complex(replacing Wolf's Rain)
The Super Milku Chan Show(replacing Trigun)
Full Metal Alchemist(Replacing Inuyasha^_^yey!)
Read Or Die TV(Replacing Cowboy Bebop)

Happy netting!!!!

Are you serious?! They're replacing all that?! OMG, I feel like having a heart attack! Why? Why are they doing that? I don't agree with this at all! Well, maybe a little, but mostly I don't!

Sig by amity75!!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 04:25 AM
sailormoon is currently offline Click here to Send sailormoon a Private Message Find more posts by sailormoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

I agree completely that it's time for a change...as long as they don't replace Yuu Yuu hakusho.... ^.^

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 05:13 AM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

no more.................... Trigun? looks like i'm gonna have to buy it sad ................. and witch hunter robin sad

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 05:20 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

actually if you go on the website none of those are constant they rotate now and then.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 05:29 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

So who saw FMA?Now I can FINALLY talk to people about it...

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 05:48 AM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Hahahaha...yes you can...I saw it.....

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 05:50 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

very nice show. better than i expected. the only weird thing was that in the trailers they make the main character alot bigger than he is and thats why i was some what surprised that hes just a little kid.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 06:01 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

REALLY?Thats actually the contant joke of FMA.....If you want to read the manga,I can link you ok?

Then you wont have to wait a whole week to finnish it^_-

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 06:07 PM
JLred

Hi everyone. Ummm......Who besides me think it was a bad idea to switch the shows around and take some out, but still put in some good shows?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:37 AM
JLred is currently offline Click here to Send JLred a Private Message Find more posts by JLred Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Sorry?Could you reword that?

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 06:33 AM
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

I think Redei means who thinks that taking out some of the shows he likes like (cowboy beebop ) and replacing it with like FMA (which he also likes) is a good idea?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 01:31 AM
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

LOve it!I hate when shows are on too long(Its Overkill)

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 01:41 AM
miss_deep

So, I have a question. A firend of mine told me Read or die was gonna come on Adult Swim, but when I stayed up all nite saturday, it didn't come on. Does it come on during the weekdays?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 12:23 AM
miss_deep is currently offline Click here to Send miss_deep a Private Message Find more posts by miss_deep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saber_Apricot

Well, I know that there is a second season to Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone complex. So maybe they'll eventually show 2ndGig on Adult Swim. I don't like Stand Alone Complex on Adult Swim, because the dubbed voices are bad. The Tachikoma sound horrible in English.

I wouldn't mind if they took InuYasha off Adult Swim. I thought Adult Swim is for adults... And InuYasha is a kid show. They need to start showing it on Saturday mornings of evenings after school (like they do in Japan).

Super Milk-chan is annoying as hell. I think they took a really crummy kid show and added profanity to it and slapped it onto Adult Swim.

I'm not a ROD or FMA fan... So no comment.

I don't like anime that's dubbed, because it doesn't serve any educational purposes to me, but I do enjoy Sealab 2020 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Harvey Birdman is okay too.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 07:27 PM
Saber_Apricot is currently offline Click here to Send Saber_Apricot a Private Message Find more posts by Saber_Apricot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

GAH! i don't like anti dub people, AS I always say " whatever your DVD is set to works". Anime isn't really supposed to be about wether the lips of a character match the voice or "education"?
I suppose you could use it for that, but I think when people create anime, they are sort of doing it so that people will enjoy it for its story and whatever.

Ok..so anyway.

R.O.D is in movie form only on AS (as I understand) so it only plays when they need something to fill the block.

and about Milk chan..I had overrated that series before I had seen it, I saw an add in Newtype Japan and I thought it would be great..

I was wrong though T_T

So wrong...

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:28 AM
Saber_Apricot

quote:
Originally posted by BlackHatDefect
GAH! i don't like anti dub people, AS I always say " whatever your DVD is set to works". Anime isn't really supposed to be about wether the lips of a character match the voice or "education"?
I suppose you could use it for that, but I think when people create anime, they are sort of doing it so that people will enjoy it for its story and whatever.

Ok..so anyway.

R.O.D is in movie form only on AS (as I understand) so it only plays when they need something to fill the block.

and about Milk chan..I had overrated that series before I had seen it, I saw an add in Newtype Japan and I thought it would be great..

I was wrong though T_T

So wrong...

Yeah you're right... But I'm not a true anime fan... Because I only like anime because it's Japanese, not the other way around. I read manga and watch anime because I like the culture and love the language.

Also, I think that the original voice actors dialog is important because dubbing can ruin the tone of a situation. Also, seiyuu take their job seriously and crummy Japanese voice actors aren't rehired, unlike here in the United States. ...Er, that sounds like something an anime purest would say maybe? If so, I don't mean it that way. I could care less about lip-sync.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 04:10 AM
Saber_Apricot is currently offline Click here to Send Saber_Apricot a Private Message Find more posts by Saber_Apricot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote