KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Madelyne Pryor

Madelyne Pryor
Started by: Paptimus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Paola
Ronin

wow! you really like her!

great Mutant X figure!

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 11:16 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paptimus
Can't keep away from EBay

Maddie always seemed to be one of the most sympathetic characters of her day because of her status as, in her words, a "brood mare." Even during her darkest moments as the Goblin Queen, I felt sorry for her for what Scott had done to her. That was totally unforgivable.

That's why the Mutant X Maddie was such a breath of fresh air: 616 Maddie had gotten to the point where she was dominated, obsessed I daresay, with Jean Grey, believing that because of Jean she was doomed to be betrayed by any man she got close to. Mutant X Maddie didn't have that problem, and conversely came off as a much more rational, balanced look at Jean Grey's "better half."

I just wish she would have been able to get a rematch with Sinister before she was retconned out of existence. Sinister, bless his black, withered soul, is one of my favorite villains, but I would have greatly enjoyed seeing Maddie pull a Nate Grey (see X-Man #4) for what he did to her during Inferno.

"Oh, I don’t know about that… you just have to be born lucky, I guess." - Longshot, to Domino, X-Force #59

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 11:30 PM
Paptimus is currently offline Click here to Send Paptimus a Private Message Find more posts by Paptimus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Madelyne the clone .. . . .when I first saw her, I thought she was Jean too. (seeing as I skipped a few Comic Issues)

I thought it was a really interesting storyline but I always wondered why Scott married her? It seemed to me like the only reason was that she looked like Jean.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 05:23 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paptimus

quote:
Madelyne the clone .. . . .when I first saw her, I thought she was Jean too. (seeing as I skipped a few Comic Issues)

I thought it was a really interesting storyline but I always wondered why Scott married her? It seemed to me like the only reason was that she looked like Jean.

You are correct. Direct quote from Scott himself:

"I married her (Madelyne) because she looked, felt, smelled like you. My senses told me she was you... even as my mind told me it couldn't be." - Cyclops, to Jean Grey, X-Factoe #38

Madelyne knew this even before Cyclops admitted it, as it was revealed to her in dreams sent by the demons N'astirh and S'ym, both of whom wanted to corrupt her for their own ambitions. Unfortunately for them, Madelyne proved rather... difficult to manipulate, much less control.

Personally, I was always waiting for Madelyne and Alex to get back together, or at least meet, when she was reincarnated. A relationship was definetely there, but by time the writers were too busy whoring Havok as the leader of the 'New Brotherhood' to give the old couple anything more than a passing mention (see X-Man #25). A disappointment, but one of many.

"Oh, I don’t know about that… you just have to be born lucky, I guess." - Longshot, to Domino, X-Force #59

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 04:55 PM
Paptimus is currently offline Click here to Send Paptimus a Private Message Find more posts by Paptimus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paptimus

Alex and Maddie dancing the night away.

Attachment: 24001.jpg
This has been downloaded 183 time(s).

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 04:57 PM
Paola
Ronin

when did poor Maddie find out she was Jean's clone?

by Scythe

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:36 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paptimus

quote:
when did poor Maddie find out she was Jean's clone?

Well, there's two answers to that: Maddie first found out that she was Scott's replacement for Jean Grey in Uncanny X-Men #232, when she first saw Scott with the resurrected Jean Grey (who of course bore a starting resemblance to her) and put two and two together. Pretty soon afterwards S'ym and N'astirh began tormenting Maddie with dreams hinting at her origins. But Maddie remained ignorant of her status as a literal clone of Jean until Uncanny X-Men #241 where Mr. Sinister informed her none too gently of her origins. Maddie, understandably, didn't take it too well (and Sinister trying to kill her didn't help matters either) which prompted her to decide to kill young baby Nathan: not just to power her spell, but to deprive Sinister of the treasure he wanted most. Twisted? Certainly, but there's a logic to it. At least, if you're a woman who just found out your entire life has been a lie created by a scientist intent on using you as a brood mare and then trying to kill you.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 08:47 AM
Emtrexx

Hi!

I'm a big Madelyne fan too and it's nice to see there are others smile I agree, Paptimus, Madelyne was a sympathetic character even from the first place. I always liked characters who had painful and mysterious past, and Madelyne's absolutely one of them.
I liked this whole INFERNO-thing much, not even talking about the role Maddie played in it (poor her, she was only victim...)
I loved when she reappeared in the X-Man series (which is my all-time favourit big grin). It was fan too see them together.
I even have a fanart of her and him, I will try to post them here somewhere.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 04:56 PM
Emtrexx is currently offline Click here to Send Emtrexx a Private Message Find more posts by Emtrexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

thanx a lot Paptimus! I didn't know about it.

Welcome Emtrexx! have fun in here...

by Scythe

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 06:20 PM
Paptimus

quote:
thanx a lot Paptimus! I didn't know about it.

It's no trouble. If you have any other Maddie queries, feel free to ask. Just think of me as the Madelyne Pryor encyclopedia. wink

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 06:37 PM
Paptimus

quote:
Hi!

I'm a big Madelyne fan too and it's nice to see there are others I agree, Paptimus, Madelyne was a sympathetic character even from the first place. I always liked characters who had painful and mysterious past, and Madelyne's absolutely one of them.
I liked this whole INFERNO-thing much, not even talking about the role Maddie played in it (poor her, she was only victim...)
I loved when she reappeared in the X-Man series (which is my all-time favourit ). It was fan too see them together.
I even have a fanart of her and him, I will try to post them here somewhere.

A pleasure to meet you, Emtrexx. There are few things in this world more pleasurable than meeting an individual who shares your passions. For me, Madelyne's appeal was largely because she seemed so much more human than Jean Grey. Maddie was brave, noble, loyal, vengeful, bitter, and paranoid. In short, she had both good points and bad, unlike Jean Grey. I agree, she was at her happiest in the X-Man series, and it was good to see her happy again after so long, even if for a short time. I'd love to see your fanart, Nate & Maddie make such a cute couple.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 06:43 PM
Paola
Ronin

laughing out loud you certainly are!

by Scythe

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 06:44 PM
Paptimus

And to make my point, an image of Nate & Maddie dancing the night away to complement my earlier post of Maddie and Alex. Which brings to mind a question: which pairing fit more, Maddie X Nate or Maddie X Alex?

Attachment: maddienatedance.jpg
This has been downloaded 173 time(s).

Last edited by Paptimus on Nov 6th, 2004 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 06:46 PM
Paptimus

quote:
laughing out loud you certainly are!

big grin

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 06:49 PM
Emtrexx

quote:
Maddie was brave, noble, loyal, vengeful, bitter, and paranoid. In short, she had both good points and bad, unlike Jean Grey.

Truer words were never spoken
quote:
I'd love to see your fanart, Nate & Maddie make such a cute couple.

Well, this picture has only Madelyne in it, fighting against Jean Grey during the Inferno.
And the other has X-Man (I'll show it later), so they aren't together in the picture.
These images were made with Photoshop, using some real photos, so they aren't the traditional fanarts.
How do you like it?
quote:
And to make my point, an image of Nate & Maddie dancing the night away to complement my earlier post of Maddie and Alex. Which brings to mind a question: which pairing fit more, Maddie X Nate or Maddie X Alex?

Well, Nate is my second favourit character (next to Madelyne, of course smile), but I think they don't fit together. Madelyne is genetically a mother to Nate! It was a little bit wierd to see them together... kissing each other

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:33 PM
Emtrexx is currently offline Click here to Send Emtrexx a Private Message Find more posts by Emtrexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emtrexx

Oh man, how in the hell can I attach image?
Perhaps now:

Attachment: madelyne.jpg
This has been downloaded 194 time(s).

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:36 PM
Paola
Ronin

nice!

by Scythe

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 08:13 PM
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

madelyne pryor is hot wink

IM AWESOME

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 08:22 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

liked her alread, like a bad mj

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 08:53 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 10:47 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote