KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » One Piece

One Piece
Started by: missbloom19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (186): « First ... « 128 129 [130] 131 132 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Pondering another list there Q99?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 11:51 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Pondering another list there Q99?

Not too much, as OP power levels tend to be either more obvious, or insufficient information, depending on the individual.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 12:39 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Just figured you might just do another for teh lulz.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 12:53 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

So.. is that what Luffy's Haki will eventually look like?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 01:01 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I assume it's what it looks now unless Law and Vergo are also way superior to him too.

Luffy has never had a reason to go full body. Really no one has. Law's attack is the only one I can think of that would require it...maybe Kuma's too.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 01:04 AM
Q99

Just figured you might just do another for teh lulz.

There needs to be a certain amount of info to do lists.

I can do some stuff like say X is supernova level, Y is Shichibukai level, Z is supernova level.

One thing that makes it easier for Naruto is jutsu have certain levels, and ranks are more closely related to level. Like, you know if someone has sage mode, they're are least N strong. And a jonin *is* going to be at least N powerful at minimum, ditto chunins, Kage, and so on, so that helps too. Plus, we've got databook stats.

While with OP, you mostly have to rely on seeing their complete fights, and then if it's a fight where you get to see them pressed hard, since unless someone's pressed it's hard to get a good picture of their power.

Ranks, well, the guy who sold out Nami to Arlong is a captain, ditto Axe Hand, and so was Smoker to begin with, and Captain Hina. Nami with her weather staff could without a doubt easily handle rat captain and axe hand at the same time no problem, but Captain Hina casually beat a guy who gave Sanji a very tough fight.

Location affects power too- a Grand Line LT is likely stronger than most East Blue captains.

It's not until the Admiral ranks (including vice and rear) that a certain level of power seems required.

I guess it may be doable, but it'll be tricky.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 02:38 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Let's make one. I'm bored anyway.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 03:02 AM
Q99

Sure, why not? We'll start at the top and work our way down.

Alright, as it breaks down, I'd say the three major high-end categories are Yonkou/Admiral, Shichibukai/Vice Admiral, and Supernova (which seems to correspond to rear admirals and commodores).

We can split each into three subsections, high, middle, low. I'll start with 2-4 of each.

As per usual, within each level I'll do alphabetical

High Yonkou-
Gol D. Roger
Whitebeard

Mid Yonkou-
Aokiji
Akainu
Kizaru
Silvers Rayleigh

Low Yonkou-
Portgas D. Ace,
Blackbeard (shadow fruit)

High Shichibukai-
Kuma
Trafalgar Law (post skip)

Mid Shichibukai-
Vergo
Jimbei
Boa Hancock

Low Shichibukai-
Caesar Clown
Crocodile
Gekko Moria
Smoker (Vice Admiral)

High Supernova-
Eustass Kid (pre-skip)
Luffy (with gears)
Monet
Rob Lucci
Trafalgar Law (pre-skip)

Mid Supernova-
Luffy (pre-gears)
Pacifista
Rorona Zoro (post-Asura)
Scratchmen Apoo

Low Supernova-
Capone Bege
Jewelry Bonney
Kaku
Rorona Zoro (pre-Asura)
Taishigi (Captain)

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 04:01 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Well I think Crocodile is stronger than Ace lol. Also, why Apoo above Capone? Neither has done much.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 04:12 AM
Q99

Well I think Crocodile is stronger than Ace lol. Also, why Apoo above Capone? Neither has done much.

Croc did lose to Luffy (with a little weakness exploitation), Ace has stronger attacks, has Haki (he would without a doubt beat Croc in a fight for this reason), could fight even when his powers were being cancelled, and was being groomed to take Whitebeard's place. I could see knocking him down to high Shichibukai. Think I should do so?

Apoo? Higher bounty, better powers. I could see putting him down to the same level, though.

Btw, do you think X-Drake should be mid or high?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 04:17 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

If not raising Croc then knock Ace down. He did lose to Blackbeard after all.

Well it just seemed odd but I like Apoo more and he does seem to be more impressive. Basil?

I think Drake is tricky since we haven't seen much of him in action but I think his implied potential is pretty high.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 04:25 AM
Q99

Well it just seemed odd but I like Apoo more and he does seem to be more impressive. Basil?

Though we haven't seen a lot of him, he is the third highest bounty*, and his abilities are fairly hard to deal with. Mid or high, not sure which. I'm temped to go mid, since he didn't show too much in offense powers.

(*Bounty's not everything, we know Law's is lower, but he also likes to keep his head down)

quote:

I think Drake is tricky since we haven't seen much of him in action but I think his implied potential is pretty high.

Yea, he's really strong, but on the flip side it's purely physical strength.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 04:38 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Q99
Though we haven't seen a lot of him, he is the third highest bounty*, and his abilities are fairly hard to deal with. Mid or high, not sure which. I'm temped to go mid, since he didn't show too much in offense powers.

(*Bounty's not everything, we know Law's is lower, but he also likes to keep his head down)

Yea, he's really strong, but on the flip side it's purely physical strength.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/664/10

Does what Brownbeard say here contribute anything? These were the first few he named off the top of his head so they're probably pretty noteworthy.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 05:02 AM
Q99

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/664/10

Does what Brownbeard say here contribute anything? These were the first few he named off the top of his head so they're probably pretty noteworthy.

It contributes, but it mostly says what we already know. They are the four of the five biggest bounties of the original batch (fifth being Luffy).

Kid Luffy and Law are all definitely high supernova. The question is whether the other two are as well.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 05:25 AM
Q99

Hm, Enel for low Yonkou? He's got crazy power, but he's also something of a coward and less skilled than the Marine Admirals.

Also I'd say old Garp at that level too. When he's young, he'd probably be higher, but he's obviously slowed down.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 01:43 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Why is Crocodile and pre-Law above current Luffy with gears?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 01:49 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by BloodRain
Why is Crocodile and pre-Law above current Luffy with gears?

That's pre-skip Luffy with gears.

Post-skip Luffy is unlisted yet. I guess he should be at least high Shichibukai.

(There's a lot of people I didn't list, feel free to suggest where to put them).

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 02:02 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Label it then =(

All I know is that Law's slash has got to be one of the top attacks in OP.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 02:13 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Q99
Hm, Enel for low Yonkou? He's got crazy power, but he's also something of a coward and less skilled than the Marine Admirals.

Also I'd say old Garp at that level too. When he's young, he'd probably be higher, but he's obviously slowed down.
Low Yonkou is a safe bet, in terms of sheer power and control over his Fruit, he'd rank even higher, but he is not nearly as impressive physically as his peers in that rank.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 06:29 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

We need a rank for random civilians in which we put pre-timeskip Tashigi

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 03:02 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote