KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer (current version) at full power Vs Thanos/Thor(current Version)

Silver Surfer (current version) at full power Vs Thanos/Thor(current Version)
Started by: Light

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
picoico

quote:
Originally posted by Evangel94
Odinforce prevents surfer from rearranging an of king thor's matter. SS can't use his molecular powers on something more powerful than the power cosmic. With a mere thought, king thor can also remove silver surfer from existence.

Since when? When was that ever an advertised trait of King Thor's/odinforce's ability? The Power Cosmic is what keeps Galactus going, and Galactus can EAT all of asgard for a snack. I digress, sure that's a possible way to write off SS's transmutation/matter rearranging abilities. Why not. Odinforce/Power Cosmic...there's simply no common basis to judge the two so it's pretty much up to the writer. I mean, on the flip side SS COULD transmute Odin into an ice cream cone, or SS COULD banish Odin off into a pocket dimension (like he did to carnage).

SS is a battery for the Power Cosmic, and for some undefined reason, he can use it to manipulate energy/matter (both one in the same).

From what I understand, Galactus, Eternity, and Death(or was it Infinity) all relate to the Power cosmic (don't ask me...I don't write this stuff). Mystic energies the Gods use relate to In-Betweener, Lord Chaos, and Master Order. So a deciding factor may be where the battle is fought.

In an SS issue, Galactus beats up (and takes a beating from) the In-Betweener...IB claims that if he was in his realm, Galactus would be toast. Galactus ends up winning the fight because he was in 'our' realm..I think something similar holds between Cosmic powered types and Gods.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:27 AM
picoico is currently offline Click here to Send picoico a Private Message Find more posts by picoico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light

Erased

Last edited by Light on Oct 27th, 2004 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:28 AM
Light is currently offline Click here to Send Light a Private Message Find more posts by Light Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

HAHA, u compared cards to comics, thats like saying "i saw it in a cartoon" and galactus basicaly IS the power cosmic, surfer only has a portion of it, he is not 1/100th as powerfull as galactus

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:31 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light

Obviously I like SS more then thor......

Infinity Gauntlet SS (from alternate M) > King Thor

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:33 AM
Light is currently offline Click here to Send Light a Private Message Find more posts by Light Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

erased?

and when in mainstream comics, THAT ACUALY HAPPENED, did SS get even close to king thors power. never, there was an alterate universe where the punnisher killed all the heros on earth, but did that acualy happen in the comics, no. alertnate universes or "what if" series hold no ground what so ever

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:37 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
picoico

quote:
Originally posted by crazyspinz
light u realy have no idea what you are talking about do you?

just cuz u like him better? please. i like SS just as mutch as the next guy, but king thor is without a doubt the most powerfull hero in the marvel universe (hero not being) and SS can only manipulate matter on a very small level, he could maybe turn a human into stone or something, but king thor is too powerfull for that.

But that's the thing, we don't know until SS has tried. Quite frankly, ALL the super heroes are getting a serious upswing in power levels. SS may well be getting his. It's all up to the writers.

As for King Thor being 'too powerful' for being transmuted...dunno about that. Nothing stopping a writer from writing that way without disturbing continuity too much.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:40 AM
picoico is currently offline Click here to Send picoico a Private Message Find more posts by picoico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light

(to be filled)

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:41 AM
crazyspinz

quote:
Originally posted by picoico
But that's the thing, we don't know until SS has tried. Quite frankly, ALL the super heroes are getting a serious upswing in power levels. SS may well be getting his. It's all up to the writers.

As for King Thor being 'too powerful' for being transmuted...dunno about that. Nothing stopping a writer from writing that way without disturbing continuity too much.

there is also nothing stoping a writer from having a pink gerbil named fritz make exact copies of galactus and the living tribunal and keeping them as house pets in a far away galaxy. that would distub the continuity at all, wuts yer point dude

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:44 AM
Light

SS could beat k-Thor, it could easily be written that SS defeats k-thor

also SS might get a serious upgrade soon

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:46 AM
picoico

crazyspinz,

For those not in the know, why don't you list off a bunch of things King Thor did that impressed you inside and outside his realm. I personaly haven't been following Thor too closely.

We should keep in mind that SS hasn't been in a main-continuity series for a while, so his character hasn't had the chance to evolve either.

I mean, back in the day when Galactus was wearing purple shorts, the Thing managed to trip him. That won't happen now days. Characters change.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:48 AM
crazyspinz

"also SS might get a serious upgrade soon"

and i might grow wings and a second head.

once again not seeing your point. he "might" get an upgrade, you have no proof of this, and it wouldnt matter if you did, because its not there yet. thats like me tellin my teacher "in two months ill be smart enough to pass this test so just give me an A now"

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:49 AM
Light

none the less SS >< K-thor

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:51 AM
picoico

quote:
there is also nothing stoping a writer from having a pink gerbil named fritz make exact copies of galactus and the living tribunal and keeping them as house pets in a far away galaxy. that would distub the continuity at all, wuts yer point dude

No, that would seriously disrupt MU continuity. I mean, if a writer actually wrote that, then he's pretty much redefined the pecking order of the continuity.

Thor (king or not) and SS are way down on the chain. Both have vague powers, and so one could easily be written to outclass the other. There's no common basis to judge, and when we do try to find some, we only get more confused (e.g. SS always beats hulk who almost always beats Thor, but SS never beats Thor).

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:53 AM
crazyspinz

i dont have a list of accomplishments for king thor right now, because im also a bit behind in my thor comics, but im sure someone else has one. and i know for a fact he would own surfer

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:54 AM
Light

Thor would not own SS for a fact

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:55 AM
crazyspinz

quote:
No, that would seriously disrupt MU continuity. I mean, if a writer actually wrote that, then he's pretty much redefined the pecking order of the continuity.

Thor (king or not) and SS are way down on the chain. Both have vague powers, and so one could easily be written to outclass the other. There's no common basis to judge, and when we do try to find some, we only get more confused (e.g. SS always beats hulk who almost always beats Thor, but SS never beats Thor).

it was a hyperbole, and seeing as you have no clue what that means its an extreem exageration to prove a point

and king thor is like 100xs more powerfull than normal thor, normal thor SS takes on, but king thor is a match for galactus

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:56 AM
picoico

quote:
"also SS might get a serious upgrade soon"

and i might grow wings and a second head.

once again not seeing your point. he "might" get an upgrade, you have no proof of this, and it wouldnt matter if you did, because its not there yet. thats like me tellin my teacher "in two months ill be smart enough to pass this test so just give me an A now"

No it's not, it's like you flunking a student because he got an F on the past two tests (even though the student had pretty good reasons, namely his passing the test would have some bizzare and dire consequences...like say the death of his teacher).

Look, we simply don't know yet since it's never happened. The analysis that SS has never beaten Thor in comics is valid, however has no bearing on future encounters. I mean, what is stopping a writer from having SS scatter Thor across the universe? It's within the realm of his powers. The trick here is to get SS to revert back to his herald mentality. Otherwise, the criteria for an "all out" fight between Thor and SS can never be met. Thor wins everytime 'cause he'll spaz out.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 01:04 AM
picoico

quote:
it was a hyperbole, and seeing as you have no clue what that means its an extreem exageration to prove a point

and king thor is like 100xs more powerfull than normal thor, normal thor SS takes on, but king thor is a match for galactus

No, I know what hyperbole means.

Where has it been established that King Thor is on par with Galactus? I mean, fine it may be that way, however I see no indication of that. The current pecking order has Galactus as a life-force eater...he ate a celestial, he devoured the Elders of the Universe...he threatened to do the same to the In-Betweener...so where is King Thor's powers coming from that place him on par with Galactus in terms of latent ability? I mean, if he has some kind of trick up his sleeve like Thanos does, then I'm with you. Otherwise, I'd keep him up there with Thanos in terms of raw ability (minus the intellect of course)....

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 01:08 AM
crazyspinz

there is nothing stopping any writer from writing anything, this isnt "wut would the writers do" its a battle, and it said CURRENT SS not SS after he gets the upgrades that dont exist yet.

trust me i am a huge surfer fan, i have argued the normal thor vs surfer arguement more than anyone. i KNOW how powerfull surfer is, and i KNOW he does not come close to king thor. and thanos is in this fight to, its a joke

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 01:08 AM
crazyspinz

quote:
No, I know what hyperbole means.

Where has it been established that King Thor is on par with Galactus? I mean, fine it may be that way, however I see no indication of that. The current pecking order has Galactus as a life-force eater...he ate a celestial, he devoured the Elders of the Universe...he threatened to do the same to the In-Betweener...so where is King Thor's powers coming from that place him on par with Galactus in terms of latent ability? I mean, if he has some kind of trick up his sleeve like Thanos does, then I'm with you. Otherwise, I'd keep him up there with Thanos in terms of raw ability (minus the intellect of course)....

i said he is a match for galactus, not that he would win. the thing is a match for hulk, but hulk would win.

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 01:09 AM