KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Does Angels exists?

Does Angels exists?
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nellinator
I heard that too, they must have sweet bar fights.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 06:19 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

During a trade mission that God had sent me on a while back, I was headng down to hell looking towards getting old Lucifer to lower the tariffs on spiritual wine. So I had to stop at this interplanar bar along the way, and I tell you those angels fight like madmen when their drunk.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 06:23 PM
Lucius is currently offline Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Not drunk, tipsy. Drunkeness is a sin. Angels can be belligerent when tipsy, showing off their flaming swords and such. Truly scary.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 07:13 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by Deus Venèficus
During a trade mission that God had sent me on a while back, I was headng down to hell looking towards getting old Lucifer to lower the tariffs on spiritual wine. So I had to stop at this interplanar bar along the way, and I tell you those angels fight like madmen when their drunk.

Forget Lucifer. Bypass the whole Judeo-Christian wine industry and get a trade agreement with Dionysus. He has better quality for lower prices, and he encourages drinking for good (not evil like Satan.)

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 03:16 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Forget Lucifer. Bypass the whole Judeo-Christian wine industry and get a trade agreement with Dionysus. He has better quality for lower prices, and he encourages drinking for good (not evil like Satan.)

Maybe we better do a background check on Dionysus first... Opens file... Reads...Jovial...good wine... this seems all good... wait, hold a second... a female cult of cannibals that murder children when they are drunk!! DEAL IS OFF... Next candidate please.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 04:47 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

It happens in every culture. Greek mythology is the most brilliant of any culture and it pwns any moder religion.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 06:18 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Greek mythology is full of perversion and idiocy. Although it is very interesting to study.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 07:04 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well, its a real mythology, one not engineered into a political mythology.

It may seem perverted and idiotic to you...but I wouldn't consider that the only persepective.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 07:43 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Castrating your father isn't perverted? Sleeping with your mother isn't perverted? If you don't think Greek mythology is perverted I fear for what you might do.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 07:45 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well, if you read a lot of the mythology, i has moral overtones.

Oedipus was punished for "sleeping with his mother". Or more apporpriately he punished himself. Greek mythology shows intelligence.

In Chirstian mythology, people dance around golden calfs....is that no perverted form your perspective....I assume it is. But the poeple are punished.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 07:47 PM
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

But Zeus is a big unpunished pervert, other than that he has to deal with all those women he slept with and then never called.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 07:49 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Zues is a reflection of man. If he wnated to punish himslef...he could.

No one ever said god was fair. And the reason he slept with so many women is becuase he was a great f*ck.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 08:45 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Alliance
Zeus is a reflection of man. If he wnated to punish himslef...he could.

No one ever said god was fair. And the reason he slept with so many women is becuase he was a great f*ck.

Wasn't god Jesse's father? Sounds like Zeus was at it again.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 08:52 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

To Quote George Carlin:

What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? Three out of four people now, believe in Angels. What're you, ****in' stupid? Has everybody lost their ****in' minds in this country? Angels, shit. You know what I think it is? I think it's a massive collective psychotic chemical flashback of all the drugs. All the drugs, smoked, swallowed, snorted, shot, and absorbed rectally by all Americans from 1960 to 1990. Thirty years of adulterated street drugs'll get you some ****in' Angels, my friend.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 09:18 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Or perhaps its as simple as a mass-delusion.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 10:17 PM
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by Alliance
Well, if you read a lot of the mythology, i has moral overtones.

Oedipus was punished for "sleeping with his mother". Or more apporpriately he punished himself. Greek mythology shows intelligence.

I always felt bad for Oedipus... poor fellow. Imagine finding out that you had married your mother.... Ouch.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 03:05 AM
Lucius is currently offline Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

I always look at things from a perspective more in line with reality. So Angels coudl easily be anything, creatures that exist with natural camoflauge ability, or perhaps just part of a race that uses cloaking technology. *shrug*

No, cloaking isn't impossible, thermoptic camoflauge has been created and used before (Not in the 'field').

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 03:09 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Greek mythology is full of perversion and idiocy. Although it is very interesting to study.

Christianity has its FULL share of perversion throughout history. yes

He without Sin cast the First stone

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 03:09 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Castrating your father isn't perverted? Sleeping with your mother isn't perverted? If you don't think Greek mythology is perverted I fear for what you might do.

Adam and Eve has two sons who supposedly had to breed with thier sisters or mother to spawn the rest of humanity. Sounds perverted to me. wink

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 03:11 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

The first men and women (definitely plural) were created in Genesis 1:27. I believe was among these first humans and was specifically chosen by God for the Garden of Eden and as the forefather of the Jewish people.
The "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" argument is horribly used by non-Christians to justify their actions. The meaning of it is not that we should not correct people, but that we must first look at ourselves and see our own imperfections so that we can have grace and mercy towards others. Remember that although Jesus did not stone the women he told her "Go and sin no more." God desires us to change people instead of simply condemning them. But, sometimes actions justify response.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 06:44 AM