KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Can Superman break adamantium?

Can Superman break adamantium?
Started by: Ming Tea!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
yea and his joints and tendons are coated with secondary adamantium im pretty sure(could be mistaken though)

His skeleton(616) is linked together with hinges and such, so it can't be torn apart at the ligaments. If the ligaments were made of adamantium, he'd be unable to move.

There's an older pic that shows this, it might be the one when all his flesh was destroyed by a Sentinel's blast. It's been years, could be wrong.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 01:56 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Robtard
His skeleton(616) is linked together with hinges and such, so it can't be torn apart at the ligaments. If the ligaments were made of adamantium, he'd be unable to move.

There's an older pic that shows this, it might be the one when all his flesh was destroyed by a Sentinel's blast. It's been years, could be wrong.

ahh ok thanks man!

my reasoning was i actually asked this question in the questions part before and someone said it was secondary adamantium.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 03:08 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

But isn't that explained by it being "organic" adamantium: a third (or forth) kind of adamantium?

Edit - Just looked some stuff up with google and the wiki calls it "beta" adamantium.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 26th, 2011 at 05:05 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 05:00 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
But isn't that explained by it being "organic" adamantium: a third (or forth) kind of adamantium?

Edit - Just looked some stuff up with google and the wiki calls it "beta" adamantium.

That's true adamantium that Wolverine's physiology changed on a molecular level during his 'surgery' so it wouldn't interfere with his biology. I don't think it's flexible or covering his ligaments though. I think this was explained (ie retconned in) a decade or more after he first appeared.

Again, it's been some time, so I could be wrong.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 26th, 2011 at 05:35 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 05:33 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Yes, Superman 1-4

Not even close, Reeve Superman has on demand powers. Mind-reading, memory-erasing kiss, Saran-wrap-chest-attack, talking in space, brick-laying vision etc.

Give Reeve Superman an adamantium wall to break; he'll have adamantium wall destroying powers.
He didn't destroy anything close to adamantium...
Originally posted by SquallX
Well Reeve's Superman is Pre-Crisis Superman.
OK.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 10:34 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Black bolt z
He didn't destroy anything close to adamantium... OK.

i think he was calling out the fact whenever reeves sups needed to do something he had a "power" to do what he needed to.....like Adam Wests anti shark repellent lol

Old Post Jan 27th, 2011 02:54 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
i think he was calling out the fact whenever reeves sups needed to do something he had a "power" to do what he needed to.....like Adam Wests anti shark repellent lol

Funny thing is, Adam West Batman was, and is still the most broken hero out there.

I mean the man brought people back to life, after they were turned to dust.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2011 03:13 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Funny thing is, Adam West Batman was, and is still the most broken hero out there.

I didn't know they actually had people die back then.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 28th, 2011 05:26 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Mindset
I didn't know they actually had people die back then.

Yeah, in one of the movies the Batman greatest villains team up to kill him.

It a team up of Cat Woman, Penguin, Joker, and Riddler. They actually created a gun that allows them to turn anyone hit by the ray into dust.

Off topic: Am i the only one, or would any full blooded male tap Cat Woman leather ass, when she was played by Ertha Kit.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2011 05:48 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cpa_parkcity

I think he could. I don't see why not.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 08:25 PM
cpa_parkcity is currently offline Click here to Send cpa_parkcity a Private Message Find more posts by cpa_parkcity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Transmaniacon
Career of Evil

jadt broke wolverines ribs with one punch, based on that fact, i say superman can break adamantium

Rise to claim Saturn, ring and sky
By those who see with their eyes closed
They know me by my black telescope

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 07:02 AM
Transmaniacon is currently offline Click here to Send Transmaniacon a Private Message Find more posts by Transmaniacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Transmaniacon
jadt broke wolverines ribs with one punch, based on that fact, i say superman can break adamantium

Link?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 07:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Superman? He looks like Speed Racer now.

Good thing this psycho wasnt a Thing fan.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 06:56 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoom3
Fastest Man in the World

Well, Superman Prime can definetly break adamantium. In the 853th century, Superman is even more powerful than Superman in the present. And Superman probably can when he becomes "supercharged". But as regular Superman, its a bit iffy.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 02:47 AM
zoom3 is currently offline Click here to Send zoom3 a Private Message Find more posts by zoom3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

the original batgod! lol

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 01:18 AM
Thane

Wolverine would kill super man let me break this down
adamantium as far is we no came to earth as meteorite and has no planet origin
superman is a krypton and only has powers on planets with a yellow sun (kryptonite can kill superman because it is naturaly from his planet) given that its more than likely that adamantium could cut through super man with ease given the fact that it is not from earth nor the same demension (adamantium does not exists in the DC universe) pair these to facts together the only way adamantium would not be able to hurt superman is if its planet origin had a yellow sun (asuming it comes from a planet at all)
Also only those capable of cosmic energy can break adamantium(Thanos & Odin) meaning that is one of the strongest metals throughout the cosmos
Futher more wolverine is a great fighter havin takin down many super villans was in the x force and fought in every American war
Super man learned his fighting skill through villans he fought... wolverine also has the best healing factor
PS the silver samurai was only able to cut wolverine claws off because he nows a technique that allows him to cut the actual adams of any miterial how he does idk...

Last edited by Thane on Mar 27th, 2016 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 06:08 PM
Thane is currently offline Click here to Send Thane a Private Message Find more posts by Thane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

He breaks it. He has the strength to lift a black hole.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 06:33 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Thane
Wolverine would kill super man let me break this down
adamantium as far is we no came to earth as meteorite and has no planet origin
superman is a krypton and only has powers on planets with a yellow sun (kryptonite can kill superman because it is naturaly from his planet) given that its more than likely that adamantium could cut through super man with ease given the fact that it is not from earth nor the same demension (adamantium does not exists in the DC universe) pair these to facts together the only way adamantium would not be able to hurt superman is if its planet origin had a yellow sun (asuming it comes from a planet at all)
Also only those capable of cosmic energy can break adamantium(Thanos & Odin) meaning that is one of the strongest metals throughout the cosmos
Futher more wolverine is a great fighter havin takin down many super villans was in the x force and fought in every American war
Super man learned his fighting skill through villans he fought... wolverine also has the best healing factor
PS the silver samurai was only able to cut wolverine claws off because he nows a technique that allows him to cut the actual adams of any miterial how he does idk...

(please log in to view the image)

Also, since when was adamantium from another planet? Last I knew it was a scientist trying to recreate Cap's shield.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 05:20 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He's talking about FoX-Men.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 07:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's talking about FoX-Men.

So, he doesn't even read comics.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 08:05 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote