KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Can Superman break adamantium?

Can Superman break adamantium?
Started by: Ming Tea!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Wow really? So if I broke my leg and got a titanium rod put in to replace the bone I would be able to break titanium? Someone hand me a hammer!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 02:38 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
only wolverine himself can truly hurt adamantium for he is the owner

laughing

Superman can do anything. Post crisis, he would find a way.

I don't think Adamantium should ever be broken, nor do I think Superman should be the one to do the breaking, but I'd say, given the chance, Superman would most definitely find a way to not only break adamantium, but also eat it, chew it and spit it back in Wolverines face.

Doesn't mean I like it, I'm just being realistic.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:16 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Pre-Crisis.... easily.
Prime? He'd break it like a breadstick.
Post? No... he could probably dent a sheet of it, with punches, but he couldn't snap it or tear it....

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 08:50 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Re: Are you retarded...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jason8200
Ok first of all superman would kick the shit out of Wolverine... and whoever said the Hulk could beat Superman... did noone read the DC vs Marvel... right before Amalgam? When Superman beat the shit out of the Hulk with one punch? Well if you didnt read that... it is what happened. Like Thor could do anything to superman... he cant even fly without throwing his hammer and holding on to it.

Oh goodness, like Thor's gonna sit around and let Supes fly around! It's not abt flyin, dude...it's abt fightin. And DC vs Marvel.... Supes puttin Hulk out in a punch, that over the moon. After that Superman goes "he took everything i threw at him". Then in Avenger vs JLA again Supes put out Thor in a punch and said " He's the single toughest opponent he ever faced". Both mags were crap. Looks like Supes (the writers i mean) can't make up his mind, huh?
i think he forgot the whips he got from Captain marvel, batman and some DC's characters. Fanboy...sigh...

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:50 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

How is he a fanboy what he stated were facts were they not. Besides his opinion supes would beat wolverine.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:40 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

"Ok first of all superman would kick the shit out of Wolverine... and whoever said the Hulk could beat Superman... did noone read the DC vs Marvel... right before Amalgam? When Superman beat the shit out of the Hulk with one punch? Well if you didnt read that... it is what happened. Like Thor could do anything to superman... he cant even fly without throwing his hammer and holding on to it. "

As much as I think Superman would beat Thor, despite his magic (for diff. reasons, but this is not "Thor vs. Sups" thread), you obviously lack some serious knowledge about him. Do you know what Thor is capable of? (Prior to writing that)

"HAHAHA, mend it blend it or melt it! I wish they'd do a cross over and we can see what happens. In the last cross over, supes knocked out Thor! I threw the mag away, didn't buy it duh! But I was pissed! Then supes picked up Thors hammer like it was chicken sh.t! Darn that sulked, only to be told it was Thors dad that allowed it and I thought 'what a bunch of crap!' Where do they come up with these ideas..."

No living being can lift Mjolnir UNLESS he or she is worthy. Who else, if superman is not, is worthy enough to pick it up? Wonder Woman also was able to pick it up, what makes you think it was BS that Superman was able to?

I think post crisis superman would be able to at least bend it. I highly doubt he would be able to destroy it. But I think that if he had to save someone (lets say, Lois) then he'd be able to do something to it. Pre Crisis and Prime would prob. laugh at it.

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 10:15 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Originally posted by Hegemon875
How is he a fanboy what he stated were facts were they not. Besides his opinion supes would beat wolverine.

Fact are right? agreed... but DC made those facts. But supes would beat wolvie for sure

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 03:50 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Like most other super-materials in comic books, adamantium is unbreakable until somebody manages to break it

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 09:41 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

It depends on the size of the adamantium.

I'm pretty sure Superman (and even an angry Hulk) can
break of, or atleast bend to 180 degress, one of Wolverine's
claws. It's shouldn't be too hard when dealing with a layer of
adamantium no more than 1 cm thick.

Something bigger would be tougher though, atleast for the
Hulk, though maybe not for Superman.

A point aboutthe Dr.Doom adamantium robot that Superman
shattered in that old cross-over. I don't think it was ever
shown that it was secondary adamantium instead of true
adamantium. Let's not forget that Dr.Doom is the leader of
a nation, and is quite wealthy, as well as very smart, so he
probably can afford true adamantium. Thus Superman did
shatter true adamantium.

Oh, and adamantium is not completely unbreakable or
indestructable. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Wolverine's right
(or left?) hand was severed by a blast from Cyclops during
the Age of Apocalypse series.

Last edited by King Burger on Mar 8th, 2005 at 10:45 AM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 10:42 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Originally posted by King Burger
It depends on the size of the adamantium.

I'm pretty sure Superman (and even an angry Hulk) can
break of, or atleast bend to 180 degress, one of Wolverine's
claws. It's shouldn't be too hard when dealing with a layer of
adamantium no more than 1 cm thick.

Something bigger would be tougher though, atleast for the
Hulk, though maybe not for Superman.

A point aboutthe Dr.Doom adamantium robot that Superman
shattered in that old cross-over. I don't think it was ever
shown that it was secondary adamantium instead of true
adamantium. Let's not forget that Dr.Doom is the leader of
a nation, and is quite wealthy, as well as very smart, so he
probably can afford true adamantium. Thus Superman did
shatter true adamantium.

Oh, and adamantium is not completely unbreakable or
indestructable. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Wolverine's right
(or left?) hand was severed by a blast from Cyclops during
the Age of Apocalypse series.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 11:33 PM
Calynx

I would say that superman can break adamantium,

first of all adamantium isn't in the periodic table therefore it doesn't consist throughout the universe.

second, superman can easily melt adamantium with his eyes =P Adamantium can be melted, if it can't then how is it possible to make use of it like they do in X-men series?

If magneto can bend wolverine with his mind, i bet superman can do alot more. =P

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 10:42 PM
Calynx is currently offline Click here to Send Calynx a Private Message Find more posts by Calynx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

well its not on the table of elements because its not an element, its an alloy, a combination of elements.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 10:44 PM
Calynx

but alloy can still be melted, then how were they able to stick em in wolverine O_O Into Liquid adamantium

superman can always melt it with those lazer eyes or what ever.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 11:17 PM
Calynx is currently offline Click here to Send Calynx a Private Message Find more posts by Calynx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Calynx
[B]but alloy can still be melted, then how were they able to stick em in wolverine O_O Into Liquid adamantium

Well, part of adamantium's (comic book) properties, is
that once its various constituents are mixed together
(to make the alloy called "adamantium") and cool
down
, then it becomes set forever, and cannot be
melted again.

In other words, once adamantium is cooled for the very
first time, it cannot be melted again. Its molecules
become immovable I guess.

Wolverine's bones/claws were coated with still-liduid
admantium, so one that adamantium cooled around
his bones, it cannot be melted again.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 03:17 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDoom

Post-Crisis Superman could shatter secondary adamantium, much like Thor,Hulk,Beta Ray Bill, Sentry,Gladiator, etc.

A full strength blow from Thor/Bill's hammer could dent a cylander of true adamantium.

Post Crisis Supes is a tad bit stronger than Thor, so he'd be able to dent adamantium, but not break it.

Promethium is DC's adamantium, and Post Crisis Superman can't break that so he couldn't break adamantium.

Pre-Crisis Superman and Superman Prime would break adamantium no problem.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:25 AM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Just for the recor wovlerines adamntium isnt very thick its just a COATING on his bones.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 02:19 AM
DrDoom

it's not coated. It's mixed in with his bones (which were already denser than a normal humans).

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 04:23 AM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

could you give me a link to site that says that?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 10:46 PM
DrDoom

marveldirectory.com & Weapon X

Looking at Weapon X, the Doctor who "made" him says that he has a perfect synthesis of adamantium and bone. He never said it was a mix, but a synthesis.

Some writer's say it's bonded at the molecular level , and others say it's just coated. Guess it depends on the writers. Anyway, those links do talk about his dense bones and whatnot.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 08:41 PM
dominic/wolf
the alpha mutant

post ,pre, and prime cou;counldnt break pure adimantium the only thing that can is vibrium anti metal B so unless soupie is mad outta dat i dont think so biatchess

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 10:44 PM
dominic/wolf is currently offline Click here to Send dominic/wolf a Private Message Find more posts by dominic/wolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote