KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Can Superman break adamantium?

Can Superman break adamantium?
Started by: Ming Tea!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really think Prime would shatter adamantium.

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 12:30 AM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason8200

Ok so he fights people all the time that are invulnerable and beats them and makes them bleed. But you think he cant break that adamantium? Thor dented it before so apparently its not totally unbreakable. I bet Superman grabs Wolverine and pulls off his arms and legs while he asks himself Lois loves me... Lois loves me not... Lois loves me... Lois loves me not... then pulls Wolverines head off.... LOIS LOVES ME!!! Well too bad Wolverine is dead but maybe he can grow them back until then he makes a great paper weight.
By the way whoever said that P.C. Supes or Prime could not do that to adimantium has no idea what he is talking about. Thats just ignorance.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 12:56 AM
Jason8200 is currently offline Click here to Send Jason8200 a Private Message Find more posts by Jason8200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dominic/wolf
the alpha mutant

yeah is soupies dreams he couldnt even touch wolvie this is how it would go soupie goes to greet logan with a hand shake snikt there goes soupies hand while soupie is in shock over losing his hand wolvie puts his cigar out in his eye and takes off soupies head logan walkes away " man of steel.... weak." the end BIATCHHHES

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 10:44 PM
dominic/wolf is currently offline Click here to Send dominic/wolf a Private Message Find more posts by dominic/wolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason8200

I think the reason Wolverine is so pissed off all the time is because one time when he was taking a leak his claw came out and cut off his ****.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 07:46 AM
Jason8200 is currently offline Click here to Send Jason8200 a Private Message Find more posts by Jason8200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jason8200
Ok so he fights people all the time that are invulnerable and beats them and makes them bleed. But you think he cant break that adamantium? Thor dented it before so apparently its not totally unbreakable. I bet Superman grabs Wolverine and pulls off his arms and legs while he asks himself Lois loves me... Lois loves me not... Lois loves me... Lois loves me not... then pulls Wolverines head off.... LOIS LOVES ME!!! Well too bad Wolverine is dead but maybe he can grow them back until then he makes a great paper weight.
By the way whoever said that P.C. Supes or Prime could not do that to adimantium has no idea what he is talking about. Thats just ignorance.

laughing

Originally posted by dominic/wolf
yeah is soupies dreams he couldnt even touch wolvie this is how it would go soupie goes to greet logan with a hand shake snikt there goes soupies hand while soupie is in shock over losing his hand wolvie puts his cigar out in his eye and takes off soupies head logan walkes away " man of steel.... weak." the end BIATCHHHES

are you insane?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 07:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Originally posted by DrDoom
Post-Crisis Superman could shatter secondary adamantium, much like Thor,Hulk,Beta Ray Bill, Sentry,Gladiator, etc.

A full strength blow from Thor/Bill's hammer could dent a cylander of true adamantium.

Post Crisis Supes is a tad bit stronger than Thor, so he'd be able to dent adamantium, but not break it.

Promethium is DC's adamantium, and Post Crisis Superman can't break that so he couldn't break adamantium.

Pre-Crisis Superman and Superman Prime would break adamantium no problem.

But thats differnt thor is a magical being unlike supes

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 06:59 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Post-crisis Superman really isn't all that strong. Hulk was extremely pissed when he bent adamantium, and his strength is limitless. Hulk was a thousand times stronger than Superman when he bent adamantium. Superman simply couldn't match that level of strength.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 06:48 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-43D
Restricted

Account Restricted

This will depend on the absolute hardness of adamantium (diamond is 1500), its thoughness and thermodynamic stability.

In one X-Men chapter all the team tried to break the adamantium door and just couldn't do it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 12:11 AM
X-43D is currently offline Click here to Send X-43D a Private Message Find more posts by X-43D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MayhemSymbiote

ok, a tinfoil thick piece of true adamantium can survive a 100 m-ton nuke without deforming.

seconary adamantium is much weaker. much weaker and can survive an A-bomb no problem.

I wont go into an supermans of the Past. The Current Superman is all that matters here.

Could the Current Superman break/bend/melt True Adamantium ??
No.

Heat is useless against adamantium also. No Lasers would hurt it, no heat vision.
Adamantium requires Magnetic forces to keep it in liquid state. Once it hardens its unbreakable. With a powerful enough manetic force you can make adamantium mallible again.

Can Hulk Break/bend Adamantium ??
Marvels has said YES, he could if he got angry enough destroy adamantium.

Can Thor break/bend Adamantium ??
No. Only through the Odin-force could Thor manipluate it.
Btw, Thors hammer is made of Uru Metal/stone, which is 3 times stronger than True Adamantium. But Magic can easily alter/break Uru ore/objects.

Now as for how Strong Superman/Thor/Hulk are :
Thor can Lift(press) 100 tons. Double with is belt of might on. I dont know how much stronger he got since the odin-force thing happened.
Hulk in a Calm stat can Lift 90 tons. When he gets angrier he gets stronger. Hulk has been shown to be strong enough to lift a mountain (millions of tons), broke Onslaughts' indestructible armor, which at the time had the Juggernaut stone making it as strong as True Admantium.
Superman can Lift(press) around 100 tons occording to DC comics. His strength levels shifts alittle due to solar flair activity.

Hope this helps out you guys.
Just the facts maim, just the facts.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 08:54 AM
MayhemSymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send MayhemSymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by MayhemSymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by dominic/wolf

You must be dumbass, sir!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 11:22 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Last Son
Man of Steel

Superman could definately break adamantium. They said no one could break Wonder Woman's magic lasso but Superman did it. And like they said, adamantium is nearly indestructable not totally indestructable. I like wolverine, but Superman would break him in half.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:52 AM
The Last Son is currently offline Click here to Send The Last Son a Private Message Find more posts by The Last Son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LastSonKrypton
Space Cowboy

Of course he can break adamantium. If Thor trys his hardest With a blow of his hammer he can dent adamantium, Superman, Being many times stronger then Thor, could easily Shatter Adamantium.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 01:29 AM
LastSonKrypton is currently offline Click here to Send LastSonKrypton a Private Message Find more posts by LastSonKrypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-43D
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman's skin is also nearly indestructable and not 100% indestructable. Is adamantium harder than Superman's skin and muscle tissues? If so, he can't break it.

Cyclop's beam, one of the most powerful weapon i'd say, hardly left a strain on adamantium. The only one who might be able to turn adamantium into it's liquid phase is magneto.

Last edited by X-43D on Apr 24th, 2005 at 01:56 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 01:46 PM
X-43D is currently offline Click here to Send X-43D a Private Message Find more posts by X-43D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDoom

I still say since adamantium = promethium , PoC Superman can't break it.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 09:16 PM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course he can break adamantium.He's the Man Of Steel and his strength is unlimited.Of course he can.He'd just break Wolverine in two if those two were to fight.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:00 AM
Zod4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Zod4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Zod4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sapphiremouse

The Hulk in a WHAT IF??? Hulk killed wolverine during there first meeting. In a crazy, savage, bloodlust fury..hulk pupled wolverine and broke a single adamantium vertebrae in his neck. And also only thing that cut or so to speak melt down adamantium is a certain particle beam.

So, if you all can determine that Superman is Strong than the Hulk or can produce the same kind of particle beam...(which is unlikely) he may bend a piece of adamantium but not break it.

Im out of touch with all the diferrent types of upgrades that characters have gone through....ive seen like King Thor..i think..and Ultimate Colossus, so i dont know what superman has gone through. But if he can match The Hulks complete crazy fury.....the blue and red boyscout might have a chance of breaking adamantium.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 07:04 PM
sapphiremouse is currently offline Click here to Send sapphiremouse a Private Message Find more posts by sapphiremouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupezM'

Sleep

Not sure if he could break Adamentium unless it comes down to a life or death situation. Superman always seems to pull off any feat no matter how great when it comes down to the wire.

Did post or pre Superman beat Doomsday? Cause I dont think Thor or Wolverine could take Doomsday. Doomsday would thrash Thor to a pulp and throw him back to Odin. :P

In a fight anyways Superman has so many abilities that writers have given him that when they script his fights he dosnt take advantage of cause it would just be overpowered.

He rarely fights in superspeed, he can pretty much ambush whoever he wants because lets face it he can see through everything save lead.

Who needs "Spidey Sense" with superhearing and smell? Devestating heat vision and many other tricks and abilities that are rarely scripted into his fights.

Where as most superheros are strong in a specific superpower such as strength, speed, laser vision, flight etc. Superman has all of these powers at his disposal and his abilities are equal if not better then the hero's whose abilities are limited to a specific power.

Lets face it if the gloves were off and morals went out the window Superman would wipe up pretty much anyone thrown at him.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 02:44 AM
SupezM' is currently offline Click here to Send SupezM' a Private Message Find more posts by SupezM' Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

A ONE YEAR BUMP!!!!

I don't know, maybe he could if he was really amped up. I'm sure Hulk could do the same if also really amped up.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 03:18 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

didnt superman with stand a laser type beam that could cut adamantium? if any evidence could be shown that would help. and if im correct then i guess he would be able to do so.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 02:29 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sapphiremouse

not sure about that laser that your talking about.....ive not heard any DC book having show casing anyone or any item that is Adamantium. There supposed to be only 1 type of laser that cuts Adamantium and it works on a sub-atomic level. Its not based on pure power. The What If? The Hulk killed Wolverine..He didnt break the adamantium he just dislodges a single vertabrae, snapin his neck.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 02:14 AM
sapphiremouse is currently offline Click here to Send sapphiremouse a Private Message Find more posts by sapphiremouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote