KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Can Superman break adamantium?

Can Superman break adamantium?
Started by: Ming Tea!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ZephroCarnelian

Current Superman could bend adamantium, but not tear it.

If he was sundipped, he could tear it with effort.

And to Pre-Crisis Superman, it'd be tinfoil.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 10:51 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LastSonKrypton
Of course he can break adamantium. If Thor trys his hardest With a blow of his hammer he can dent adamantium, Superman, Being many times stronger then Thor, could easily Shatter Adamantium.

confused

A. It was King THOR.

B. Superman is 0x stronger than THOR.

C. THOR uses HIGH CL100 POWER+MAGIC

D. THOR>Supes ( Don't care what the B.S crossover said... It didn't make sense per how the charaters are set up)

Answer to the question... No Superman can't neither dent nor tear or damage pure Adamantium.

Attachment: hulk_vs_ironman01.jpg
This has been downloaded 242 time(s).

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 11:36 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

The original question and the "would a lightsaber cut adamentium?" are basically the same....here is something that would the b-boys happy....

'WOLVERINES CLAWS PWNED SUPERMAN LOLOLOLOL!!!!!"

there...happy now?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 11:54 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wonderman has dented Adamantium also smile Supes would smash it.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 01:21 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bazrox

My souce said that it would depend on how thick the adamantium is.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 01:43 AM
Bazrox is currently offline Click here to Send Bazrox a Private Message Find more posts by Bazrox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bazrox
My souce said that it would depend on how thick the adamantium is.

actually....... A fair point, well done Baz

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 02:25 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

thor isnt as strong as superman, glad to clear that up, now could he dent adamantium... sure why not? pros and cons being looked at why not?

Now breaking it... who has broken adamantium to start with? then i will complete my question when peeps tell me who has broken adamantium.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:45 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I bought a figure, the X-Ray...it's a broken save (made of the alloy you mention) with a bomb attached to krytonite.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 01:58 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by MattDay
thor isnt as strong as superman, glad to clear that up, now could he dent adamantium... sure why not? pros and cons being looked at why not?

Now breaking it... who has broken adamantium to start with? then i will complete my question when peeps tell me who has broken adamantium.

actauly thor and hulk have never dented primary adamtium only secondary.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 02:10 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bazrox

Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
actually....... A fair point, well done Baz

Gracias. To be give an idea of what Superman can do, my friendly informant said that Adamantium as thick as Logan's claws would be something that Clark can effectively break, going up to Adamantium several inches thick. Anything past it becomes questionable.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 06:51 AM
Bazrox is currently offline Click here to Send Bazrox a Private Message Find more posts by Bazrox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

the name adamantium still sounds when i read it... so whats your point, i dont care about the insignificant details.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 06:16 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Supes can break it. In this pic he even says there's nothing he can't do in the realm of the natural. With enough concentration, he can do it.

(please log in to view the image)

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 12:35 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sapphiremouse

Originally posted by Calynx
I would say that superman can break adamantium,

first of all adamantium isn't in the periodic table therefore it doesn't consist throughout the universe.

second, superman can easily melt adamantium with his eyes =P Adamantium can be melted, if it can't then how is it possible to make use of it like they do in X-men series?

If magneto can bend wolverine with his mind, i bet superman can do alot more. =P
melting adamantium cant be done with supermans heat vision. ( they onlything that can cut apart adamantium is a certain type of particle beam. given the hardness of adamantium, it is conceivable that it would retain stability and cohesion even when shaved to a molecular thickness. were one to make steel claws this sharp they wouldnt remain so for long: the edges would abrade and become dull. This is obviously not the case for wolverines claws. they might be thin enough to slice grooves of molecular thinness. if you can start with a little molecule-thin cut on a hunk of rock or metal then you should be able to quickly saw right through it, for at the molecular level, even the toughest substances are susceptible to gettin trimmed.)

all that is straight out of a book called The Science of the X-men. big grin

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 03:02 AM
sapphiremouse is currently offline Click here to Send sapphiremouse a Private Message Find more posts by sapphiremouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor SKank
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Post-crisis Superman really isn't all that strong. Hulk was extremely pissed when he bent adamantium, and his strength is limitless. Hulk was a thousand times stronger than Superman when he bent adamantium. Superman simply couldn't match that level of strength.

Lots of oppions very few facts. smile

Old Post May 10th, 2006 05:31 PM
Doctor SKank is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor SKank a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor SKank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor SKank
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

A. It was King THOR.

B. Superman is 0x stronger than THOR.

C. THOR uses HIGH CL100 POWER+MAGIC

D. THOR>Supes ( Don't care what the B.S crossover said... It didn't make sense per how the charaters are set up)

Answer to the question... No Superman can't neither dent nor tear or damage pure Adamantium.

What the hell does that pic show, that has any relative context ? smile

Old Post May 10th, 2006 05:33 PM
Doctor SKank is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor SKank a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor SKank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

yea from the facts i'd say superman is stronger purely than thor, and matches hulk as they both have undetermined points at where they struggled to lift something, both at which have struggled and failed to lift thors hammer but everything else was a doddle.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 05:35 PM
Stoner420
Smoke The Reefer

Hey did you guys know that GL was the person who was closest to killing the hulk?

3 Things I need Beer,Weed & women

Old Post May 11th, 2006 10:42 PM
Stoner420 is currently offline Click here to Send Stoner420 a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

no i didnt no that, elaborate...

Old Post May 15th, 2006 07:54 AM
Stoner420
Smoke The Reefer

What?Well that's what I heard.

3 Things I need Beer,Weed & women

Old Post May 15th, 2006 12:20 PM
Stoner420 is currently offline Click here to Send Stoner420 a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xkalybr
The Sword of Power!

Originally posted by pr1983
pre crisis supes' piss could melt adamantium...

post crisis i'm sure he could at least bend it...

LOL!!!

The Savage Hulk destroyed adamantum with one punch. We all remember the Onslaught series of comics, right?

Superman could break it as well.

I am Lancelot of the Lake, and I have yet to find a king worthy of my sword!

Last edited by xkalybr on May 16th, 2006 at 07:52 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2006 07:49 AM
xkalybr is currently offline Click here to Send xkalybr a Private Message Find more posts by xkalybr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote