KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » DC Greatest Martial Artists

DC Greatest Martial Artists
Started by: lifeisaglich

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Batman Karate Kid DeathStroke Nightwing Robin Lady Shiva etc.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 09:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

I wasn't aware of KK existing Post crisis... confused

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 12:54 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knightfall

Yeah, apparently some "writers" decided to resurrect this antiquated relic in 94' and 04'. Not surprisingly, this version of the Legion of Super-Heroes didn't sell either. Maybe it was because he ran around in a generic white gi, had a villain named Nemesis Kid, and whose ultimate style he referred to as "Super Karate"......yeah, it really was that stupid. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. I honestly think, that if Ralph Macchio reprised his role as the Karate Kid today, he'd have more fans than this loser of a hero. Good riddance.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 06:50 PM
Knightfall is currently offline Click here to Send Knightfall a Private Message Find more posts by Knightfall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beast1234

wonder woman,orion,karate kid ares etc

Old Post Sep 18th, 2008 07:12 PM
beast1234 is currently offline Click here to Send beast1234 a Private Message Find more posts by beast1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

Karate Kid is the greatest DC Martial Artist, he is a level 12 meta human according to Superman (Which is really HIGH!) and he beat Batman

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2008 10:16 PM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Actually Batman beat him.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 01:34 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Actually Batman beat him.
No he didn't...

And Black Lightning commented that Karate Kid was more like a level 25 afterwards, knowing that Batman was less than level 12.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 01:45 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AJ is back
Restricted

Account Restricted

bump

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 01:30 PM
AJ is back is currently offline Click here to Send AJ is back a Private Message Find more posts by AJ is back Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Originally posted by Existere
No he didn't...

And Black Lightning commented that Karate Kid was more like a level 25 afterwards, knowing that Batman was less than level 12.

Yeah Bats had help. But Batman did stalemate the other Karate Kid which was damn impressive.

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 02:58 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Originally posted by goku-vs-superma
lady shiva is without doubt the best martial artist in DC

Sigh. The best don't lose to Cass twice. The best don't stalemate Batman 2 twice they win. The best don't lose to Prom in 3 seconds.

Plus Richard Dragon had the upperhand on her before her henchmen intervened then Dragon decided to lose IIRC.

Shiva stopped being number 1 a long time ago.

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 03:01 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Daredevil1
Sigh. The best don't lose to Cass twice. The best don't stalemate Batman 2 twice they win. The best don't lose to Prom in 3 seconds.

Plus Richard Dragon had the upperhand on her before her henchmen intervened then Dragon decided to lose IIRC.

Shiva stopped being number 1 a long time ago.

To be fair Shiva losses to Cass were attributed to CIS on panel by Cass herself, and Batman is physically superior across the board with like 80-100 pounds of muscle on Shiva. More than enough to equalize a slight skill disparity.

Chuck Dixon's Richard Dragon series is of "questionable" canonnicity.

We haven't seem him matched up against many of the MA big dogs in DC but the effortless one sided ass kicking that Tommy Jagger laid on Bane should put him in contention for the top spot among skilled DC streets.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 03:31 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
To be fair Shiva losses to Cass were attributed to CIS on panel by Cass herself, and Batman is physically superior across the board with like 80-100 pounds of muscle on Shiva. More than enough to equalize a slight skill disparity.

Stuff like that don't make any difference in comics.

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 03:36 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Deadline
Stuff like that don't make any difference in comics.

yes it does. how does that not make a difference?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 10:19 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I wonder how formidable the new KK will be.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 11:12 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheWing

The way I am basing this list, is, in a fight to the death(tournament style) who would fare best. Granted, bats,wing,batgirl would never. Lady shiva and batman have never fought to this object. I believe that in this case, bats would clean up. Shiva is an assassin for hire, training only because its her job to kill. Batman trains because his parents were freaking killed in front of him. He trains, to beat up villains. To the death, in just hand to hand, batman would win. He's too unpredictable. You guys seem to fail to realize batman doesn't have substantial powers, not even like dick, who can at least rally his allies. That's why joker is the main batman villain. He's bat mans complete opposite. The only thing they share is the desire for change and unpredictability. Batman is so kingly villains who haven't met him, think he DOES have powers. Lady shiva doesnt have the will to win, because if she dies, nothing would change. Batman would die, and war would hit the streets. Shiva has nothing to fight for. And you guys don't account for experience. I think that early batman would get whooped every time, though not by much. But now? After fighting with four generations of robin, training with shiva, fighting with Richard dragon, I think he would step up. Same with early night wing. When nightwing fought bats it was with frustration, more venting, than actually wanting to hurt him, after all he has the closest bond with batman. But night wing now? After beating slade, hurting blockbuster, the teen titans and young justice situation. I'm not sure exactly how old batman was when he became batman, but dicks been fighting since he was kid, before that, he was a freaking circus performer, which honed his speed and acrobatics like none else. The only reason I bring acrobatics up, is because it ties in with dicks fighting. Dick is on the list because he's so individualistic. He doesn't want to be robin. He wants his own city his own life. I think batgirl II isn't on par because she was fighting her mom. She was probably giving her all shiva was probably holding back. She was a young girl at the time.
1. Karate kid 2. Batman 3. Lady shiva 4. Richard dragon 5. Night wing 6. Batgirl 7. Azrael thats the main ones.
Azrael is iffy for me because he wasnt really trained, he was implanted with knowledge. I'm not saying he's no good, I'm just saying it's hard to judge.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2013 11:30 PM
TheWing is currently offline Click here to Send TheWing a Private Message Find more posts by TheWing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote