KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel Fighters Hierarchy

Marvel Fighters Hierarchy
Started by: Krissy Von Doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonheartmm

shang chi
stick
black panther
cap
daredevil
wolvie
iron fist

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 04:42 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I don't think Conan should be put on the list. He never really appeared in continuity with any of the characters, and he was only a licensed character. The Howard estate has since withdrawn the right for Marvel to use him, and gotten a hunk o' money from Dark Horse.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 09:42 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Re: Marvel Fighters Hierarchy

quote:
Originally posted by Krissy Von Doom
Based solely on ability (no weapons or powers except Stick & DD senses). Here's the Fighter's Hierarchy in the Marvel Universe

Wow, that's not honest, I think. No weapons, okay, but no powers ? Captain America has superpowers, you know. Same for Black Panther, Wolverine, Bullseye (if you include his adamantium skeleton, which will influence his fighting style), Iron Fist, Moon Knight...

So all these people have to be deleted from the list stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 09:47 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Re: Re: Marvel Fighters Hierarchy

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid
Wow, that's not honest, I think. No weapons, okay, but no powers ? Captain America has superpowers, you know. Same for Black Panther, Wolverine, Bullseye (if you include his adamantium skeleton, which will influence his fighting style), Iron Fist, Moon Knight...

Unfortunately, so many characters have additional abilities that a human wouldn't have (e.g. Stick with his absorbing abilities), so my list would be greatly reduced based on the requirements.

Shang Chi
Stick (w/o absorbing)
Daredevil
Elecktra
Human Fly
Silver Sable/Black Widow

Gambit is a good fighter, but I believe his agility is strongly based on his mutant powers also (Rogue said his mutant powers include natural agility).

Last edited by radioboy121 on Nov 1st, 2004 at 11:44 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 11:39 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

I was thinking the same, Who kid. Many of Krissy's fighters have powers. Most would probably be ranked lower, but Captain America? If he didn't have the serum? Heh, the only list you would see him on is for registered voters.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 01:31 AM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I compiled my list regardless of powers, just natural fighting prowess. Panther's herbs just enhance his natural abilties, they don't pump him up from Erkel to Hulk Hogan proportions. "Stripped naked and dripping wet, he is still one of the most dangerous men in the world." -- Falcon...which reminds me, he should be on that list too. Hm.

Moon Knight's strenght waxes and wanes, you could just pick him on a day with no moon, he's just a regular guy, but he still goes out to fight the good fight. Nighthawk's powers only activate at night, and as he was originally a powerless Batman copy he should probably be on this list as well...damn my incompetence. But the Cat beat's em all. "SHOW ME THE TATTOO!!!" *rips off shirt* "Totally Fonzie...."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 02:38 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Why is deadpool not on there? He beat Cap and TM. Pfft. His healing factor works, but he also trained himself to endure massive amounts of pain.

Don't forget to put Nightcrawler who can use his arms legs and tail.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 02:52 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Conan not on the list? Come on now, him and weapon master (one of his arch nemisis) are gods with all sorts weapons. This includes everything from there fist and rocks to basically any weapon that was available to them. They have interacted with marvel characters in alternate story lines such as what if. Conan fights both Wolverine and gets a win on both of them (in both occasions they're one and one.)

To say Captaim America doesn't belong on that list is ludicrous. He's mastered so many forms of martial arts and has gone toe to toe with basically everyone who deserves to be on this list.

And powers don't make the fighter. Take away Cap's shield and his enhanced strength and everything the super soldier serum gave him and he still belongs on this list. Take away Wolvies adamantium and his healing factor and he still belongs on this list. If it isn't strictly fighting abilty then i can just say Thor's the best fighter cause he's got Odin force and blah blah blah.

Anyway, we all seem to agree that Shang Chi is the best, so let's decide who's second best. Sounds like a natural course of action no?

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 06:37 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Marvel Fighters Hierarchy

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid

Well, Cap's advantage over the other fighters on the list is so slight, it's negligible. Black Panther's not going to win any strongest man in the world competitions. And Bullseye's not gonna be hitting anyone with his spine, and he has no weapons so his accuracy isn't going to help him. Wolverine's claws and healing have been removed for this fight. Ironfirst doesn't have his knockout punch. Moon Knight will only be using his mercenary skills. Stick doesn't have his absorbing powers, only his enhanced senses (without senses, he can't fight).

It's based solely on fighting ability.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 07:56 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Senses don't count as part of fighting ability. If they did it would put Spider Man on the list. He's practically untouchable. Take em away and he couldn't brawl worth squat.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 09:32 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Daredevil's and Stick's are more of an extension of the five senses. Spider sense is an extra power, more like intuition, that doesn't fall into the five senses.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 11:55 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

A radar sense is much more than just "an extension of the five senses." That's a whole new sense, just like the spider-sense.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 12:11 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Senses don't count as part of fighting ability. If they did it would put Spider Man on the list. He's practically untouchable. Take em away and he couldn't brawl worth squat.

I assume you know Venom and Carnage, right ? Two of the most dangerous and deadly Spider-Man villains ever.

Well, I'll tell you a secret : Spider-Man fights them without his spider-sense.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 12:16 PM
leonheartmm

master
shang chi
stick
deadpool{wo healing factor}
captain america
black panther
daredevil
wolverine{without adamantium or healing facor}

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 12:26 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

hey and most of them ilke captain america, master and black panther have only been enhanced to the human max, but they are NOT superhuman. but stick and daredevil have to have their radar senses because they cant fight blind, and stick also said that anyone can build a radar sense if they train themselves right.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 12:28 PM
leonheartmm

anyway master is such a great hand to hand combatant and his knowledge of manipulating pressure points on a body is so great that although he can only lift around 800lbs with difficulty, he still managed to knock namor the submariner unconcience, and namor can lift around 90 tons.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 12:32 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Shang Chi
Iron Fist
Captain America
Daredevil

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 01:38 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MatchesMalone

Hey, Krissy, is this thread about who has the best fighting technique and skill? Or is the list about who would win their fights without weapons and powers?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 04:44 PM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Actually maybe Wolverine might deserve to be back on the list even if he was denied his abilities.

Without reliance of his mutant powers and adamantium, he would fight differently (e.g. not run directly into a fray of flying bullets).

He has had plenty of experience in various techniques (even if he can't remember where he got them) and he still gave Lady Deathstrike little workout when he lost his healing abilities and adamantium.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 05:04 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
Conan not on the list?

Conan is badass. I'm not refuting that. I'm just saying he shouldn't be on a Marvel list. He's not Marvel anymore, and he predates the company by a decade. They lost the right to his domain along with that of Fu Manchu (who is Shang Chi's father), Doc Savage and others awhile ago. On a list of ultimate fighting badasses, I'd definatly put him right up there.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 10:24 PM